Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 203676 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread - NXT > WWE
« Reply #980 on: March 31, 2015, 07:28:13 PM »
If you listen closely you can hear Rollins thanking Reigns as he's pinning him. Unless my computer just sucks (and it does) your best bet is to just find the show, 'cause the vine that's floating around doesn't appear to be working. Pretty cool.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #981 on: March 31, 2015, 07:34:27 PM »
Heh, that's funny.

Also, do you guys realize how much Rollins sounds like Punk?  When he talks in that candid voice, he sounds like just CM Punk, with the voice inflections and the way he phrases things.  I think it goes without saying that Punk is one wrestler Rollins definitely patterned himself after.  They even have the same smarmy grin. :lol :lol

Offline LordCost

« Reply #982 on: April 02, 2015, 11:21:53 AM »
I watched Wrestlemania this afternoon and I agree with you that it was a great show! It was fun to watch through all the 4 and more hours. The divas match and Taker vs Wyatt were the only average matches, a very consistent show. I thought the ladder match would be more spectacular but I didn't expect much from all the other matches, I was surprised, especially by the main event!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #983 on: April 02, 2015, 08:42:52 PM »
Fun fact:

-Four men have lost the WWE title in the last year; three of those four did not get pinned or submit to lose the title (Orton and Lesnar lost in triple threat matches where someone else took the losing fall, and Bryan was stripped of the title last spring).

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #984 on: April 02, 2015, 09:20:12 PM »
Another fun fact:

Since the "inception" of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship only two persons have gotten their rematch after losing at the next PPV. Both of them are John Cena.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #985 on: April 03, 2015, 08:04:10 AM »
I'm likely getting the DVD of WM31- I enjoyed it greatly and would rank it near or at the top for WM'S of all time.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #986 on: April 03, 2015, 08:57:30 AM »
I'm likely getting the DVD of WM31- I enjoyed it greatly and would rank it near or at the top for WM'S of all time.
My brother told me it was one of his favorite ones ever.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #987 on: April 04, 2015, 07:17:58 AM »
I was so happy when Brock hit that first F5 on Roman.

Online ozzy554

« Reply #988 on: April 04, 2015, 10:06:11 AM »
My favorite Wrestlemania will always be WM17.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #989 on: April 04, 2015, 06:32:05 PM »
My favorite Wrestlemania will always be WM17.

Yeah that's pretty much the best card ever

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #990 on: April 04, 2015, 06:43:32 PM »
I was so happy when Brock hit that first F5 on Roman.

Me too. Roman got his ass handed to him  :metal

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #991 on: April 04, 2015, 06:50:52 PM »
AJ Lee has, unsurprisingly, retired from the WWE.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #992 on: April 04, 2015, 08:21:50 PM »
AJ Lee has, unsurprisingly, retired from the WWE.

I figured that was going to happen sooner then later

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #993 on: April 04, 2015, 11:30:16 PM »
Everybody saw that coming. Just before WM I was discussing with someone that after WM would be the time to go before things went downhill, so I think this was the right decision at the right time for her.

Rewatched the Undertaker / Punk match from WM 29 today. Damn, Taker was still in top shape there and was looking like he could have easily gone longer. Great match. Hopefully he can be match ready for one last match at WM 32 in Texas.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
« Reply #994 on: April 05, 2015, 04:30:18 AM »
Rewatched the Undertaker / Punk match from WM 29 today. Damn, Taker was still in top shape there and was looking like he could have easily gone longer. Great match. Hopefully he can be match ready for one last match at WM 32 in Texas.
A very good match, with probably the most heelish build for a wrestler I can imagine. Probably my third favourite Taker's Streak matches.
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #995 on: April 05, 2015, 07:09:42 AM »
I'll always be fond of his match with Batista at 23. He was in top form there too... and I was there.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #996 on: April 05, 2015, 07:17:10 AM »
i was fortunate enough to attend WM 21, and I thought that the build and match between Taker and Orton was outstanding.

But overall... hard to top Taker/Michaels at WM 25.

Offline Illethal

« Reply #997 on: April 05, 2015, 10:57:07 AM »
I was lucky enough to attend WM28 in Miami.

Needless to say, if you have the means to attend a Wrestlemania, DO IT.

I met so many cool people in my section (I was on the floor risers, maybe about 50ft from the ring).

We did not sit down once during the Undertaker/HHH match. Every hit, every pin attempt, every kick out, my entire section freaked out. The emotion in that match was off the charts. HBKs super kick into the pedigree combo, oh god the entire section just about lost it. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

But seriously, if you are any type of wrestling fan and have a chance to go to a Wrestlemania, DO IT! Being around nothing but true wrestling fans for a few hours was amazing, made even the suckiest of matches so much better. I've been to a few Raws and Smackdowns, and they are usually littered with kids that dragged their parents to the event, so its hard to show emotion when you got these parents looking at you like your crazy lol.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #998 on: April 05, 2015, 10:59:54 AM »
A guy I worked with at the time tried talking me into going to 1,000th RAW a few summers back, which was here in St. Louis, but I told him that went against my policy of giving Vince McMahon money for anything. :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #999 on: April 05, 2015, 11:34:50 AM »
i was fortunate enough to attend WM 21, and I thought that the build and match between Taker and Orton was outstanding.

That was still "Legends Killer" Orton right? Man, that was the best Orton!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1000 on: April 05, 2015, 03:43:58 PM »

Both of his Michaels matches are hard to top. I hate the 2 more recent HHH matches. Typical HHH matches where he makes himself look super strong and relies on weapons. The WM17 HHH match was great though. :tup
I've never seen the Orton or Batista ones that I can remember, because it's so hard to voluntarily watch their matches, even for The Undertaker.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1001 on: April 05, 2015, 05:23:39 PM »

Both of his Michaels matches are hard to top. I hate the 2 more recent HHH matches. Typical HHH matches where he makes himself look super strong and relies on weapons. The WM17 HHH match was great though. :tup
I've never seen the Orton or Batista ones that I can remember, because it's so hard to voluntarily watch their matches, even for The Undertaker.

I strongly encourage you to watch Orton vs. Undertaker. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1002 on: April 05, 2015, 05:29:01 PM »
I've already watched one Orton match in the past week, so I think I'm at my limit, and that match certainly did nothing to convince me to watch more. :biggrin:

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #1003 on: April 06, 2015, 09:01:43 AM »
I'm going to miss AJ Lee. She was my favorite diva for a really long time. It looks like she may be starting a family though, so all the best to her :)

WM31 was solid with a couple of spectacular moments. Orton's RKO made me damn near jump out of my seat. The DX/NWO stuff during the HHH/Sting match was right up my alley, since I used to watch all those guys during their heyday (Except Hogan, he was before my time). Seeing Scott Hall and Hogan take a bump was great to see, considering the health issues those two have had over the years.

The Lesnar/Reigns match was stellar. The psychology was great, Lesnar looked as dominant as ever, while Reigns finally established himself as a top guy. I even got my wish on the finish, when Rollins successfully cashed in. I did disagree with one thing, though. The fourth F5 to Reigns should have been the third, and the third F5 should not have happened at all. It was the only hiccup in the match. Here you have Reigns doing something that not even Undertaker could do, which is kick out of three F5's, including 2 in succession. That is not believable to me. I was totally invested in the match until that happened. Reigns is not on the level of Taker. Not even close.

Other than that, it was better than I expected. I wish Ryback won the Battle Royal, and I wish Sting won his match, but that's the way she goes.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1004 on: April 06, 2015, 07:08:59 PM »
Only Byron Saxton can make Michael Cole look great.  Seriously, Cole is still "out" cause of the Lesnar beatdown and Saxton is the best they got to replace him? :rollin :rollin

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1005 on: April 06, 2015, 08:03:19 PM »
Neville vs. Rollins? Oh hell yeah!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1006 on: April 07, 2015, 02:48:26 PM »
You gaaaiizzz you need to watch more NJPW if you aren't because AJ Styles is catching people off Phoenix Splashes and into his finisher!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1007 on: April 07, 2015, 03:25:52 PM »
I'm good. Actually appalled that he refuses to change his finisher.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1008 on: April 07, 2015, 03:37:13 PM »
Why should he change it?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1009 on: April 07, 2015, 04:08:54 PM »
Because last year two guys got legitimately hurt taking the move. They tucked in their head making them land on their neck.

Also, "refuse" is a pretty strong word to use here, has he gone on record saying that? Or are we just going off on him still using it?

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1010 on: April 07, 2015, 05:29:15 PM »
Yeah you're right. He never refused, so poor choice of words. He said that he doesn't have to do it to guys who are uncomfortable with taking it, but I'm of the opinion that he should take the initiative of retiring the move. Even if the accidents were 100% on the other person, him not doing the move would prevent future incidents. 

Offline Ħ

« Reply #1011 on: April 08, 2015, 09:45:31 PM »
I watched Taker vs Wyatt and Reigns vs Lesnar today. Two solid matches as far as wrestling goes, though I didn't understand the angles (mainly because I haven't been keeping up.

Taker is looking strong, much better than last year or the year before that. Doesn't look like he needs to be carried as much anymore. Though to be fair I heard Wyatt was injured.

Reigns vs Lesnar was a great match. For a Wrestlemania main event booking, it sounded awful. Neither are that entertaining, IMO. But the match told a story, and of course Rollins is pretty cool.

I noticed after looking at the results - no matches longer than 20 minutes. Smart move. We've had too many grueling borefests in the past couple years.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1012 on: April 08, 2015, 09:56:21 PM »
Taker is looking strong, much better than last year or the year before that. Doesn't look like he needs to be carried as much anymore. Though to be fair I heard Wyatt was injured.

There's no comparison between Taker this year and against CM Punk a couple of years ago. Against CM Punk, Undertaker was in top form, and easily looked like he could have kept going. This year was marginally better than last year, but he was still struggling to get up, and looked winded the entire time. He needed someone better to carry him.

It was really interesting that for a WM of big singles matches, none of them really went that long, which was surprising given that there weren't that many matches on the show, and it didn't feel padded aside from the HHH/Rock segment.
It was a smart move to not have the title match go on too long, because Reigns couldn't have sustained it. I initially expected that match was going to be the worst thing since Lesnar/Goldberg, but I really don't think they could have done any better with that match. I even rewatched it the next day, and it was still just as enjoyable.

Offline Sub Luna Vitrea

• literally Emma Goldman
  • go team
« Reply #1013 on: April 20, 2015, 03:38:10 PM »
undertaker still wrestles? jesus

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1014 on: April 21, 2015, 12:00:48 AM »
God, that was an especially awful Raw. Way too much Orton (ie. more than zero), HHH is back with his usual long promo for nothing, Sheamus is back to ruin good matches, the Cena match was wasted on tired old has-been Kane, more throwaway matches than usual, and no Bryan at the moment. I skimmed through that one much faster than usual.

It's no coincidence that episodes of Raw without HHH+friends are noticeably better.