Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 203683 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Did he hit his head on that blue cart too?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
It seems like when he hit the side of the table and broke the end part of it came up and hit the back of his head.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Ryback is a dipshit who can't wrestle.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Randy Savage in the HOF is too little, too late.  It should have been done years ago when he was still alive, and it seems more like a FU at CM Punk, since he was the one modern guy who did a tribute to Savage in the ring (the flying elbow, which always got the crowd to chant Savage's name), and they induct Savage immediately after Punk had his falling out with the company (his firing was months after last year's HOF thing).  The timing is just too suspect, and we all know what a spiteful dick Vince is.  Plus, the word is that Hulk Hogan will be the one inducting him, which is even dumber, since Savage supposedly hated Hogan in real life.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
Honestly, that sounds a bit paranoid to me.  I mean, if they finally got it worked out with Savage's family, what should they do, wait a year for the Punk thing to blow over?  Makes sense to me to do it as soon as possible. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't think the timing has to do with CM Punk, but I wouldn't put anything past WWE.
Austin asked McMahon about Savage being inducted on his WWE Network podcast a few months ago, and McMahon said it would happen at some point, but probably not the next one. Maybe it snowballed from there after Austin raised the question. That was a great interview btw. Austin didn't hold back anything, but he didn't push to the point of badgering either. There was also the recent Randy Savage DVD, so it may have all been part of the deal with his estate anyway.

They'll probably keep Hogan on the leash and script his entire induction speech too.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
I'm really pulling for Ziggler or Ambrose to win the rumble.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm really pulling for Ziggler or Ambrose to win the rumble.

Not gonna happen, but I'd love to see either of those guys win a Rumble at some point. They're not happy with Ziggler at the moment after he did some standup gigs or something, which is why they took the IC belt off him. They don't know what they're doing with Ambrose lately.

It's still going to be Roman Reigns, and if not, maybe they'll wise up and it will be Daniel Bryan. The comeback story there writes itself, but they haven't played it up near as much as they should have. I'm hoping the Philly crowd tears it apart like last year's Rumble when Bryan gets eliminated. But for some reason Reigns is still really over despite his awful promos and boring matches.

Also, this must be posted. So much truth here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB3wzO4NWEg

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
Yeah it's gonna be Reigns or Bryan.  Hopefully Bryan if they wanna avoid the same boo fest they got last year

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
If Reigns does win, and has his rumoured tag match at Fast Lane, Wrestlemania will be his second singles match.
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
If Reigns does win, and has his rumoured tag match at Fast Lane, Wrestlemania will be his second singles match.

And his first one with Orton stunk. I know he's been out for a while, but still, he hasn't evolved one bit since leaving the shield. Same music, same attire, same 4 moves, same bad promos.
Daniel Bryan isn't great at promos either, but he's gotten over with consistently impressive matches, and doesn't look to have dialed it back at all since returning.

Interestingly, there are no one on one matches at the Royal Rumble this year. The title match is a triple threat, and the rest are tag matches, plus the rumble itself.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Bryan is so awesome in the ring that he doesn't have to be great at promos.  Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, neither of whom were ever that good at promos, were similar in that regard.

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
Roman Reign's "push" reminds me so much of when they shoved Rocky down our throats in 96-97.  Didn't work and the crowd turned on him.  Best thing for The Rock's career was turning heel and feuding with Austin.

Best thing for Reigns' career at this point would be for him to turn heel and feud with Ambrose.  It would get them both over big time.  Reigns could cut a promo talking about how Ambrose stole his spot while he was hurt, etc.....or some version of that. 

Other than that, he's becoming more and more worthless every appearance. 

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Roman really needs to change things up; the Rocky comparison is right on.

Both Dean and Seth have changed thier gear, music, etc and moved away from the Shield.  Roman still has the same look, gimmick and its holding him from going to the next level

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Bryan is so awesome in the ring that he doesn't have to be great at promos.  Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels, neither of whom were ever that good at promos, were similar in that regard.

Shawn Michaels was good with promos, especially later on, but Bret Hart is the perfect comparison for Bryan. Bret Hart even admits that his mic skills were his weakness, but despite what Vince McMahon wants to believe, the wrestling is ultimately what people want to see, not storylines and promos. Those are all just there to enhance the wrestling, not to be a substitute.
Daniel Bryan was the most over guy they had before he got injured, but they're just going to keep pushing him aside, because he's not the roided up beefcake that Vince thinks sells. Heck, Mick Foley wouldn't have even been hired if it weren't for JR nagging him constantly, and Vince still only hired him to prove JR wrong. Unfortunately he's still none the wiser.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
I haven't watched at all for a while, but with Bryan back, I'll probably tune in tomorrow to see what they did with the Rumble, and the Rumble through WM season is usually really good anyway.  I've read that supposedly Reigns has been awful lately, which means we can expect him to win the Rumble tonight and headline WM, right? :lol :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm thinking that Brock retains, Bryan wins the Rumble... and we have the ultimate David vs. Goliath for WM31.

I'd also be cool with seeing either Ziggler, Ambrose, or Wyatt winning the Rumble.

I would be THRILLED to see someone from complete left field like Kofi. But... let's get back to reality.

I think that Bryan was thrust back on TV and into the Rumble match because people aren't buying Reigns as a top guy yet. But even then, I wouldn't put it past WWE to shove him down our throat.

I also think we'll see Miz get eliminated from the Rumble, and then Mizdow, on the other side of the ring, will eliminate himself. Comedic gold. 

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I also think we'll see Miz get eliminated from the Rumble, and then Mizdow, on the other side of the ring, will eliminate himself. Comedic gold. 

I think they'll actually have something where through Mizdow's antics he eliminates Miz himself, or he doesn't eliminate himself after Miz gets eliminated, something to set up a singles match between them, possibly at WM.

I've been saying a lot lately that I'd love to see someone completely unexpected win it, with Kofi actually being my pick. He's so damn entertaining in Rumbles, and I think people would dig it. They don't even need him to go to Wrestlemania, there are any number of ways he could lose the spot or it could be a 3 or 4 man match, but it would be great to be seriously surprised for once.

I don't think they're having any doubts about Reigns yet unfortunately, and he's still getting over, at least during his entrance. It will no doubt be either Reigns or Bryan winning it, but I wouldn't be betting on Bryan, even though I want that more than anything else. It would be the ultimate underdog comeback after being stripped of the belt and being out with injury.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
I'd love for Rollins to win the title! He's been the company's #1 heel since breaking off from The Shield and he's been absolutely terrific at it! Cena can win, Brock destroys him and then leaves, Rollins cashes in. I think it would be a good swerve for the crowd too, if Cena wins in Philly he's getting booed worse than Batista last year.

A Rollins/Bryan match at WM would be one hell of a match!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:18:11 PM by Dimitrius »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I kind of hoped that Kurt Angle wouldn't have resigned with TNA. Tonight would have been a great time for him to return

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
Unless there's a swerve coming, WWE did not learn its lesson last year...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
INB4 The Rock.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
Wow, they're really go with Reigns... wow!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
By the way, Big Show and Kane in the final four... in 2015!

EDIT: lol you know you fucked up when not even The Rock can save the segment!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:51:57 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
At least the triple threat match was awesome.

Also, why develop mic skills when you can just have The Rock do them for you?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Reading  the reaction on twitter, all I have to say is, LOL at anyone who gives the WWE money for ANYTHING, whether it be the WWE network, live shows, merchandise, etc.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
Man, it would be amazing to read that tomorrow morning the WWE subscription falls off a cliff! :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Show was still worth is for the title match. Amazing!

Offline Syzzle

Also #CancelWWENetwork was the #1 trend on twitter, and the page to cancel the WWE network crashed  :lol

There's also rumors going around that fans were blocking WWE talents cars, and not letting them leave everyone was pretty pissed off.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
How over does a guy need to be before you take the fucking hint, WWE? That was 2 years in a row the Royal Rumble match was a complete trainwreck because they didn't do what's "best for business". They're clueless.

I predicted it. The only way they could book it was to put Bryan in early and hope the crowd gets over it, and when you have him come in at a nowhere early spot like #10, of course he's not going to win it. But that didn't work. Thank you, Philadelphia. The only saving grace of the Rumble.
Not even The Rock could save the WWE's new poster boy from getting unanimous boos. Try to ram your person of choice down audience's throats, and that's what you get. When your final 3 is Roman Reigns and Kane and The Big Show, you could bet your life on the winner. As if Kane or Big Show are ever winning a Rumble! Did they think having him eliminate two big guys was going to put him over? The audience do not care for big guys, either heel or face.
Ziggler comes in #30 and gets unceremoniously dumped out of the ring. That'll teach him to do a stand-up gig. Best for business my ass.

It's a shame they fucked that up so badly, because the title match before it is one of the best matches they've had in a long time, and by far Lesnar's best match since his return. Forget Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins is your next star. That guy put on an incredible show, and they were smart enough to make him look strong despite being pinned. All 3 of those guys put on an impressive show.

Here's to Rollins cashing in the briefcase immediately after Reigns' predictable and undeserved Wrestlemania win and taking the belt.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
I said before, you fucked up when not even The Rock can save the segment, also, when the crowd starts chanting for the guy who hates America... in the birthplace of America.

Ziggler and Ambrose's elimination was like the WWE purposefully sent a "fuck you" to the fans. "Oh you like these guys, well watch Big Show and Kane just dropped them out of the ring like they are dolls".

#CancelWWENetwork is still the #2 trend in the US. That makes me so happy!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:37:11 AM by Dimitrius »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Speaking of which, that was weird with Rusev still being in it and then just getting thrown right back out. It was like that last little chance for them to surprise us, but it was just so Reigns could have another chance with the crowd after sucking up some Rock heat. It didn't work either.

I cannot wait for the fallout on Raw.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
Yeah, I'll probably watch Raw to see what they do after this debacle. But probably a stream or wait and download the episode later though, they don't deserve my TV rating.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Last year they scrambled in the Wrestlemania lead-up and put Daniel Bryan in the title match. The response to this year's Rumble was far worse, so I'm interested to see what happens in the next 2 months.
Having Reigns get the obvious win against a most likely departing Lesnar in what would no doubt will be a stinkfest of a match would not be a good way to end their biggest PPV of the year.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
It would have an even worse reception than the Lesnar/Goldberg match!