Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 203575 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread - Believe in the Shield...Creative does.
« Reply #315 on: May 06, 2014, 07:43:29 PM »
It was retarded how scared Bryan was of the same guy he just beat down, brought back to ring in a forklift and pinned for the win just 24 hours before.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2014, 07:55:02 PM »
It was retarded how scared Bryan was of the same guy he just beat down, brought back to ring in a forklift and pinned for the win just 24 hours before.

Yeah, considering all that DB's been through and everyone who he has stood up to as of late (including Kane at Extreme Rules), he shouldn't be showing an ounce of fear. Concern for his wife, I get that, but not fear.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #317 on: May 06, 2014, 08:42:29 PM »
I am by no means an actor, and probably wouldn't be a good one, but if I was being paid a good chunk of change like these entertainers, I'd at least make an attempt to try. Brie Bella needs to be taken off TV.

Also, being eliminated by Santino means your career is pretty much over. Ziggler is at Zack Ryder status now.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #318 on: May 07, 2014, 08:25:45 AM »
Poor Dolph. He had the temerity to get iover huge with the crowds when he was a heel, and no one who does that shit gets spared the wrath of Vince for not playing along.

It amazes me how many guys get flat out buried because they manage to draw heat on their own. You'd think you'd want that, sure as shit worked back in the Attitude era, but today? Nope.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #319 on: May 14, 2014, 12:29:33 PM »
No chatter about Daniel's Bryan's injury, eh?

The timing of it is absolutely horrible, and I fear that it could be the end of the reckless guy we see in the ring.  I mean, his wrestling at neck break speed is probably why he has that injury in the first place  - doing that flying headbutt off the top rope and that missile dropkick (imagine falling five feet on your back every time you do that) probably contributed mightily to him getting this injury - and when he comes back, I wouldn't be surprised if he has to tone it down a bit, which could kill his momentum, as his style in the ring is largely why he is so over with fans.  He's a pretty average talker, so his promos had nothing to do with him getting as over as he is.  Should be interesting to see what happens.  If he is back in a few weeks, then okay, but if he's out for close to two months or longer, then I'd start worrying big time.

Honestly, it makes CM Punk's decision to leave the business when he did look that much smarter.  His body took a beating for years, too, although he didn't throw himself around quite as much as Bryan does, and assuming the stories about him having saved his money well are true, he's probably thinking he doesn't need it anymore.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #320 on: May 20, 2014, 01:09:45 PM »
This is why pre-taped shows suck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcMKGm0pgwY&feature=player_embedded#at=143

:rollin :rollin :rollin

If nothing else, they have good sound engineers. 

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #321 on: May 20, 2014, 01:30:05 PM »
At least she's still cute. In an I-want-to-punch-her-face type of way, at least on stage.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #322 on: May 20, 2014, 02:17:05 PM »
I don't quite get the fascination with her that a lot of male fans have.  Yeah, she has a pretty face, but her boobs are way too big (yes, there is such a thing) and she is too muscular.  Don't get me wrong, a girl in good shape is sexy as hell, but when she is bigger than most of the guys I see at the gym every day...no thanks.

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #323 on: May 20, 2014, 02:51:20 PM »
I'd totally let her see me naked

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #324 on: May 20, 2014, 05:23:04 PM »
To all the kids of the world, if you see Hulk Hogan coming, just go find an Adult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CCROasz8F0

creepy

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #325 on: May 20, 2014, 05:47:41 PM »
I don't quite get the fascination with her that a lot of male fans have.  Yeah, she has a pretty face, but her boobs are way too big (yes, there is such a thing) and she is too muscular.  Don't get me wrong, a girl in good shape is sexy as hell, but when she is bigger than most of the guys I see at the gym every day...no thanks.

Right with ya there. I always hated her boob job. She looks better with age, and all though I concede she's attractive, she does nothing for me.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #326 on: May 20, 2014, 06:02:25 PM »
Her boobs are terrible but I don't think she had much to work with in the first place. She has that type of face which can loo bitchy and cute depending on what she wants, which is what I meant. Nothing special, but I've always enjoyed watching her in the past- some good entertainment, especially when she was getting beaten by wrestlers.

Phoenix87x, it's not creepy. It's just Japanese :P

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #327 on: May 20, 2014, 10:55:01 PM »
This is why pre-taped shows suck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcMKGm0pgwY&feature=player_embedded#at=143

:rollin :rollin :rollin

If nothing else, they have good sound engineers. 

WWE love getting revisionist with things that don't go their way. You can even hear the quick crossfade on the "boo" to the alternate audio track.
Where did the first broadcast come from though? It's obviously the real deal, so did it air live there before the RAW broadcast?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #328 on: May 20, 2014, 10:58:53 PM »
Let's not forget that Stephanie also inherited her dad's annoying, shrilling, screechy voice. :lol :lol

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2014, 11:05:27 PM »
To all the kids of the world, if you see Hulk Hogan coming, just go find an Adult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CCROasz8F0

creepy

Terry's dreamy :hearts:
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline masterthes

« Reply #330 on: May 21, 2014, 04:39:14 AM »
I've always had a thing for Stephanie. I too though always thought her boob job was unnecessary though. That being said, I'd still love to see her in all her glory

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #331 on: May 21, 2014, 07:52:01 AM »
Oh, her boob job was necessary.  She had a pair of sunny-side eggs for tits before it.

It's just a bad boob job.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline masterthes

« Reply #332 on: May 21, 2014, 08:30:43 AM »
How do you know? Are there naked pics out there I don't know about? lol

Offline ozzy554

Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #334 on: June 04, 2014, 07:06:37 AM »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #335 on: June 04, 2014, 01:43:09 PM »
Talk about a rush job. But Seth's good enough to pull it off.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #336 on: June 04, 2014, 04:00:36 PM »
Seth is an awesome worker and I'm interested to see where they go with this one.  Do you think Shield will bring in someone new?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #337 on: June 04, 2014, 04:19:13 PM »
Maybe, it would be a good way to introduce someone from NXT (Sami Zayn please!!!)

But, I don't know about the rush job or not, they teased the SHIELD breaking up twice before and kept them together. For one thing, it instantly propels Rollins as a top heel and gives him nuclear heat. He's been my favorite member of them for all this time so I'm certainly looking forward to what happens.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #338 on: June 04, 2014, 04:32:28 PM »
Maybe, it would be a good way to introduce someone from NXT (Sami Zayn please!!!)

But, I don't know about the rush job or not, they teased the SHIELD breaking up twice before and kept them together. For one thing, it instantly propels Rollins as a top heel and gives him nuclear heat. He's been my favorite member of them for all this time so I'm certainly looking forward to what happens.

You're right that there's been talk of breaking up the Shield for quite a while now. I thought it would happen to set up a match at Mania (Either Dean vs. Roman for the US Title, or a triple threat).  I meant rush job as in the 24 hour window where Rollins was helping beat Evolution, to turning on his group.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #339 on: June 06, 2014, 04:46:19 PM »
When I look at Batista, this is all I can think of:

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #340 on: June 06, 2014, 09:25:52 PM »
We may not think Vince is very creative anymore, but I'm willing to bet that he might be more creative than we think and he came up with the blue attire because he knew it would get a crowd response. This applies to other things as well.

"They are totally going to chant "Bluetista". "I'm a genius!"

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #341 on: June 06, 2014, 09:45:58 PM »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread - Road to Money in the Bank.
« Reply #342 on: June 06, 2014, 09:47:23 PM »
Ducktista!

I'm a genius!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #343 on: June 07, 2014, 03:24:53 AM »
We may not think Vince is very creative anymore, but I'm willing to bet that he might be more creative than we think and he came up with the blue attire because he knew it would get a crowd response. This applies to other things as well.

"They are totally going to chant "Bluetista". "I'm a genius!"

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking too, since like I really didn't give two shits about Batista, but now I'm like "what the hell is this mess"

If there's one thing that Vince is good at, its definitely provoking a response.

Offline Marion Crane

« Reply #344 on: June 07, 2014, 08:31:45 AM »
Seth is an awesome worker and I'm interested to see where they go with this one.  Do you think Shield will bring in someone new?

Fantasy booking.....you book Evolution vs Shield for MITB (2 on 3 handicap match).  Then on Raw the Monday before the PPV, The Shield announces they have a 3rd member (ala Nash and Hall in 96 with the NWO).  At the PPV, have Reigns and Ambrose get beaten down and just when it looks like it's over, The Shield's music hits and from the ramp, NOT from the crowd, in full riot gear, out comes John Cena.  So you basically have the 96 Bash at the Beach NWO scenario, except with the most over babyface faction in the business.

Cena has been in serious need of a repackaging for years now, but WWE can't turn him heel.  This would be a great way to repackage him as a babyface, it elevates The Shield further, and I think Cena would get the crowd back because of it. 

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #345 on: June 07, 2014, 08:44:35 AM »
I think Cena would get the crowd back because of it. 

Honestly, I think the crowd would probably start losing interest in the Shield rather than gaining interest in Cena. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #346 on: June 07, 2014, 08:50:00 AM »
Cena joining Shield is a horrible idea. If the Shield go back to 3 people, they should use that spot to elevate someone from NXT (like Sami Zayn or Adrian Neville) not on someone who needs no help selling tickets and merchandise.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #347 on: June 07, 2014, 08:58:29 AM »
Cena joining Shield is a horrible idea. If the Shield go back to 3 people, they should use that spot to elevate someone from NXT (like Sami Zayn or Adrian Neville) not on someone who needs no help selling tickets and merchandise.

This exactly. Shoving Cena into a hot stable would only piss off the hardcore fans. But if creative had the notion that it would make money, I wouldn't put it past them :(

Offline Marion Crane

« Reply #348 on: June 07, 2014, 09:34:00 AM »
While I am in no way a Cena mark, there's no denying that the guy has essentially carried the company for the last 10 years, a much longer time than Hogan or Austin ever did.  They would have gotten stale at some point too.  Hell, even people got sick of The Rock.  Any anyone who thinks he can't work is just wrong.  And he has put plenty of people over.  He doesn't have creative control, so him winning all the time isn't his decision, it's a creative one. 

I think the hardcore fans are just sick of the same old Cena.  I kind of am as well.  I think they would embrace the change honestly.  At least I would.  He needs some sort of repackaging as opposed to a heel turn, which they will NEVER do because of his staggering merch sales and Make a Wish grants. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #349 on: June 07, 2014, 09:39:35 AM »
Pfft, Cena already gets enough cheap pops by mentioning other wrestlers, like Daniel Bryan, in his promos, and sticking him in the Shield would be a pathetic way to try and force the fans to cheer for him. Besides, they are supposedly trying to slowly build Reigns up as a monster face, and you put Cena in that faction, he automatically is the biggest star in it, and Reigns would be a tougher sell as the top face they eventually want him to be. 

Also, who said Cena can't work or doesn't put people over? ???