Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 203728 times)

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread - Raw is Punk?
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2014, 08:13:21 PM »
Trips vs. DB.... if DB wins, he gets added to the WWEWHC match at WM. All is well.

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread - Raw is Punk?
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2014, 08:25:49 PM »
What's that chant to symbolize how much I like this..? YES! YES! YES!
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread - Win and you're in.
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2014, 08:55:06 PM »
So he beats HHH and loses the triple threat...
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2014, 09:39:07 PM »
You can't help but wonder what they would have done regarding Daniel Bryan had Punk not walked out after the Rumble?  Since Punk/HHH was a near lock before that, would they have found another way to get Bryan into the main event, or would the lame ass rumored match against Sheamus been it?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2014, 09:46:42 PM »
Maybe all hope is not lost after all! So that means it's basically a sure thing Bryan will beat HHH, even if he loses the title match.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2014, 09:52:11 PM »
Given that you know Vince wants to promote Batista's movie that is coming out this summer, and that it will be a lot easier if he is the champ, I think a likely scenario is Bryan winning the belt at WM, but then Batista winning it shortly thereafter, leading to a spring/summer feud that will see Batista the champ and Bryan quickly back in the underdog role of trying to win it all.  He'll get the payoff at WM, and it will be glorious, but it will be short-lived.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2014, 05:24:58 PM »
That isn't necessarily a bad thing, if he and Batista trade it a few times, a la Stone Cold. He never had a long reign, granted the main event talent was deeper back then.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2014, 09:56:42 AM »
Thank goodness they added the stip with Bryan possibly getting the title shot if he beats Triple H. But if it's another screw job, there may be a riot. Plus, I think everyone is ready for a major push for Cesaro, he's awesome

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2014, 12:47:08 AM »
I'm usually one of the first people to try to defend Triple H on the internet, but if he ends up winning the title at Wrestlemania, I might facepalm myself into a coma. 

Shield's rebellion looks promising, though. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 01:06:38 AM by Jaffa »
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2014, 02:55:44 AM »
It would be dumb to have a champion that stays behind the scenes. I think HHH just wants to be in the main event regardless if he wins or not.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2014, 03:16:57 AM »
I don't think there's any way Triple H will work that Main Event of Daniel Bryan. Last night was just him building an angle. I'm surprised how many people seem to be making it more than it was.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2014, 03:26:13 AM »
They are sticking Bryan in the main event so the crowd doesn't tear that place apart during the awful title match they initially had planned. If they put HHH in there over Bryan? They're not getting out of that venue alive.
Whether they have him win the title or not, there is no way Bryan is not going to be in that title match.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2014, 06:47:44 AM »
I WANT to think that it is just the WWE building the angle, but with Triple H one can never be sure!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2014, 09:23:28 AM »
I didn't see it, but after hearing about it, any RAW that begins AND ends with a HHH promo is a RAW I want no part of.  His long-winded, boring monologues (which 99% of his promos are) do not interest me. 

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2014, 09:41:48 AM »
The promos are the best part of RAW.

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2014, 01:43:18 PM »
Yeah they totally swerved me last night.  One of the best endings to Raw I've seen in years

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2014, 02:07:22 PM »
I'm not a big Triple H fan, but he is definitely bringing his a game for this match build. Stephanie has been absolutely incredible.

Offline rubenchitito

« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2014, 02:45:19 PM »
1. When did you first get into wrestling?

2001 - Shortly before WWE acquired WCW and ECW and the invasion started

2. Favorite promotions?

New Japan Pro Wrestling and WWE

3. Favorite wrestlers?

Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Cm Punk and Antonio Cesaro.

4. Favorite shows?

Too many to mention but ECW One Night Stand 2005 and 2006 were memorable.

5. Favorite matches?

I don't know the context but assuming it's types then I will say Money In The Bank and Hell In a Cell before PG.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2014, 03:21:11 PM »
I pity the fool who does not acknowledge Mr. T being inducted in to the WWE HoF! I remember that first Wrestlemania with him going face to face (literally!) with Roddy Piper in the ring. Like the promo said, that was such a huge crossover as Mr. T was about as big as you could get back then.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »
that was a pretty cool angle at the end of Raw; actually looking forward to a Triple H match for once.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2014, 09:07:52 AM »
Mr. T will always be Clubber Lang, to me. 

"Don't give that sucka no statue! Give 'em guts!"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2014, 09:36:38 AM »
As great as he was in that movie...

Mr. T will always be Clubber Lang Sgt BA Baracus, to me. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2014, 11:42:04 PM »
Pretty good ending to Raw.  I really, really hope they manage to put on a good WrestleMania. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread - WM XXX
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2014, 07:04:35 AM »
Triple H sold that attack like a champ! Especially when Bryan drop through the ropes. :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2014, 02:37:07 PM »
Triple H sold that attack like a champ! Especially when Bryan drop through the ropes. :lol

Absolutely!

Trips and Steph have been absolutely fantastic on the road to Wrestlemania!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2014, 07:59:50 AM »

INB4 the Bryan/HHH match ends in a controversial double count-out or something, and Hogan, as the host of WM30, inserts them both into the main event for a Fatal Four-Way.  The way this has been booked, it almost seems inevitable.  Plus, it will give HHH's ego the satisfaction of not having put Bryan over in a one-on-one match.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2014, 08:08:32 AM »
My brother came to the same conclusion, and the more I think about it, the more it seems exactly like something HHH would do.

Either way, Daniel Bryan has to be in that title match, after all, that's why they needed to do this, but the chance of HHH also putting himself into the mix is much more likely than Bryan having a clean victory over HHH and having the 3 way match.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2014, 12:56:34 PM »
I will be watching Wrestlemania tomorrow. The last time I watched WWE was last year's Wrestlemania.

Anything I should know?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2014, 07:26:59 PM »
CM Punk's out. Daniel Bryan is the hottest thing in the business since Stone Cold. SHIELD is still awesome.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2014, 05:04:36 AM »
SHIELD is still awesome.
Until Captain America: The Winter Soldier, that is.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2014, 05:18:55 AM »
And the Hall of Fame is too draining to watch from start to end.
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2014, 08:47:09 AM »
And the Hall of Fame is too draining to watch from start to end.

Agreed. It was pretty much a trainwreck. Lita's stories were entertaining, but she went on entirely too long. Mr. T effectively highjacked the show with a long-winded speech having nothing to do with professional wrestling whatsoever. It was a shame to see Kane have to come out prematurely and interrupt him. And Warrior's at the end, as out there as one of his promos......

Jake's speech and Bearer's induction were the highlights for me.   

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2014, 08:57:16 AM »
Oh yeah... it's time for Wrestlemania XXX! Time to see guys who have been grinding all year do their thing on the biggest stage that professional wrestling provides. Guys like Cesaro, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, R-Truth, Christian, and so many others. I can't wait to see their single matches. And teams like the Usos and the Brotherhood... can't wait to see them work on the main card.....

Oh that's right, Wrestlemania ain't about that life. Instead we've got to see cherry pickers and part-timers come out and take their spots, then stay out of the ring until it's convenient. All part of the business, but not a part that I like. At least Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, The Shield and John Cena all get appropriate spots. And at least The Rock ain't around to be a part of the main event for the fourth year in a row.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2014, 09:25:45 AM »
My picks (In the order of how i think the matches will be ordered)

Pre-Show: Usos win. Get the crowd warmed up

1. The Shield vs. Kane & New Age Outlaws: If you would have asked me months ago, I would have thought that the Shield would have been facing each other in a triple threat match for Dean's U.S. Title, instead, WWE seems content on letting this over as hell stable continue to roll. In that light, they get another big win tonight. But I wouldn't be disappointed to see Dean turn on Roman and Seth.

2. Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. I'll take The Big Show, but wouldn't be surprised to see Sheamus add another accolade to his impressive resume.

3. Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H. I think that with this build, both Trips and Bryan could wind up in the main event. I think the logical way to do this is to have Trips win dirty as hell, and to have someone, either Hogan or Vince add Bryan to the main event, making it a Fatal Fourway. But once again, would not surprise me to see Trips do the job outright.

4. Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational. Damn, it would have been great to see a well build, one on one match for the Divas Title. I re-watched Mickey James and Trish Stratus from WM22 yesterday, and that's how you build up a women's match. Instead, we've got this. I'll go out on a limb and say that Tamina kirks out on AJ Lee and leaves with the title. But I'd love to see Natayla win this mess.

5. John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt. I've stated before that to me, neither man needs to win this match, or a loss doesn't hurt either man. This will be the first time that Cena wrestles someone at Mania who was not currently or previously a top champion. I've got Cena taking this match, but would love to see Bray pull it out like he did against Bryan at the Royal Rumble.

6. The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar. Undertaker wins a brutal match.

7. WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match.
Daniel Bryan pins Orton to win the WWE Championship. This protects Batista, who has also stated he detests the triple threat format because he doesn't have to be pinned to lose. As stated earlier, I (and many others) believe that this will actually end up being a fatal fourway match. And while the writers could throw a swerve here, or have Bryan lose (or not make the match at all), I think that they'll put over Bryan so that everyone leaves happy and WMXXX is fondly remembered for years to come.

Will CM Punk be a part of the show? I'm thinking not. But if he does show up, it would be great to see him come back all corporate looking to screw Daniel Bryan. But if he shows up tonight... people will be screaming "told you it was a work".

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2014, 09:36:09 AM »
I think Wyatt will win the match against Cena. I think the only reason he's got a match against Cena is as part of his big push, and I think beating Cena will be to bring him up. I have no idea what they see in that guy though. For a Wrestlemania match, this is beneath Cena, and I'm not even a Cena fan.

I would also bet that HHH will not give Bryan a clean win. I'll give it a 70% chance they'll both end up in the title match, and a 30% chance that Bryan barely wins by interference or something else that makes HHH look like the legend he thinks he is. There's no chance Bryan is not making it to the title match though.
As for who wins the title match itself? Like everyone else, I'm hoping to see Bryan win it, but I think there's still at least as good a chance Bootista still takes it.

Hopefully there are some genuine pleasant surprises!