Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 203667 times)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread
« Reply #2170 on: August 13, 2017, 01:58:19 PM »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2171 on: August 13, 2017, 09:49:40 PM »
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2172 on: August 13, 2017, 11:30:44 PM »
I'll watch that all day every day before having to suffer through an entire episode of Raw or Smackdown now. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2173 on: August 14, 2017, 12:51:15 AM »
Apparently Ric Flair is very unwell??
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2174 on: August 14, 2017, 07:33:20 PM »
CBS Sports Radio just mentioned Flair on their update spot of all places. Sounds like he is out of surgery, but not out of the woods yet.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2175 on: August 14, 2017, 08:05:25 PM »

He's in...um..flair condition.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2176 on: August 14, 2017, 08:45:47 PM »

He's in...um..flair condition.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2177 on: August 14, 2017, 08:48:06 PM »
Don't worry. I bitch slapped myself after that one. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2178 on: August 14, 2017, 08:48:39 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #2179 on: August 16, 2017, 02:28:40 PM »
He saw Charlotte's nudes.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2180 on: August 16, 2017, 10:11:46 PM »
He saw Charlotte's nudes.

Like Ric would say "No hair, no Flair."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2181 on: August 17, 2017, 08:27:38 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJPZzlOhBmA

No comment.

:rollin

And yea, I hear Flair is in an induced coma and not such a good place.   :sad:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2182 on: August 17, 2017, 08:31:13 AM »
I don't have a good feeling about Flair recovering, given his past issues. What a huge loss to the wrestling world it would be. There aren't many big wrestlers from the era left.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #2183 on: August 18, 2017, 04:06:23 PM »
So, a long overdue question about the demise of the TV14 era: did WWE ever asked their fans what they wanted? I mean, yes, it is your company and you can do whatever you want, but you should remember who is buying your product

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2184 on: August 19, 2017, 03:08:46 AM »
So, a long overdue question about the demise of the TV14 era: did WWE ever asked their fans what they wanted? I mean, yes, it is your company and you can do whatever you want, but you should remember who is buying your product

Roman Reigns. That should answer your question.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2185 on: August 19, 2017, 06:52:38 AM »

:lol :lol :lol   Is he still being pushed like crazy as if he is THE face of the company? I don't watch anymore, so I honestly do not know.

Also, the WWE didn't technically ask, but finding a way to shoe-horn Daniel Bryan into the main event of Wrestlemania 30 is the one time I can remember them going out of their way to give the fans what they wanted (and that was only because of the backlash of Batista winning the Rumble and the fans revolting over the original main event of Batista/Orton).

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2186 on: August 19, 2017, 08:31:46 AM »
Haven't followed WWE in years, and haven't watched in even longer.  Raw was just way too boring, plus all of the shows now are only broadcast on WWE Network, and I sure as shit ain't paying $12 (CAD) to watch any of it.  I'd dig some of the historical stuff from the 80s and 90s, but honestly, I can YT pretty much anything from that era if I wanted to.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2187 on: August 19, 2017, 11:14:29 AM »

:lol :lol :lol   Is he still being pushed like crazy as if he is THE face of the company? I don't watch anymore, so I honestly do not know.

Also, the WWE didn't technically ask, but finding a way to shoe-horn Daniel Bryan into the main event of Wrestlemania 30 is the one time I can remember them going out of their way to give the fans what they wanted (and that was only because of the backlash of Batista winning the Rumble and the fans revolting over the original main event of Batista/Orton).

He's in a pretty entertaining feud with Brawn Strowman, but it's entertaining because of Strowman, not him. Strowman is a heel, but because Reigns is hated so much, he's basically the face. Reigns still gets booed out of the building, and I just read an interview where he said he's the leader of the locker room. I bet Vince told the other wrestlers that they had to listen to Roman. I'm not just on the Reigns hate bandwagon. Honestly, I don't think there is a wagon. The man is boring as fuck. At least Cena pulls out a new move every once in awhile, and is excellent on the mic. Roman has maybe 4 moves, but he mainly does the Kane uppercuts, the Superman punch and spear. Back to Cena for a sec, I really wish he'd abandon the 5 Knuckle shuffle. I know it's his signature move, but it's so contrived, and the receiver looks so bored when they throw that clothesline. It's like a special move in a videogame that you have to do a combination of buttons to activate, and goes into an animation. John Cena could be in the next Mortal Kombat, and the 5 Knuckle Shuffle can be his X-ray special.

Brock can be pretty entertaining when he actually cares. You can tell when he does when he gets on the mic. Unfortunately, it's still just suplex city, and that's also boring as fuck. I watched an old clip of his feud with Eddie Guerrero, and he came out in a subraro dancing around. What happened to that Brock Lesnar?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2188 on: August 21, 2017, 06:27:31 AM »
Overall, Summerslam was really good.
Cena vs Corbin was boring because of Corbin, but Cena winning was a pleasant surprise.
Natalya vs Naomi was a surprisingly great match with another unexpected result.
Big Cass vs Big Show was a skipper.
Orton vs Rusev was even shittier than Orton's usual shit. Poor Rusev deserves way better. 
Sasha Banks vs Alexa Bliss was decent, and another unexpected result.
The tag match was as good as expected. Cesaro and Sheamus work so well together.
Styles vs Owens was a lot of fun with the ref bumps.
Mahal vs Nakamura sucked as every Mahal match has. Nakamura has been given nothing but crap to work with on the main roster so far.
The main event was excellent. Strowman and Lesnar is money. I'm happy that the finish involved Reigns jobbing to Lesnar.
Best of all, there weren't really any screwy finishes.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #2189 on: August 21, 2017, 08:35:51 AM »
I give Takeover Brookyln 3 an A. Every match delivered and the storylines set up for the next batch of tapings should be good. They also surprised me with some of the endings which is nice to see.

I give summerslam a C+. For me it was slightly above average. The only match that really didn't set well with me was orton vs rusev. Most of the matches were ok, with a couple really good ones tossed in. I do appreciate the lack of screwey finishes this year though.

Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2190 on: August 21, 2017, 04:04:04 PM »
NXT Takeover was excellent overall.  Every match was enjoyable and the main event was fantastic.  Roode has put in his time in NXT and proven himself.  He deserves a main roster spot and in my opinion, a main event run.

Summerslam suffers the same as WM; just too long of a show when you include the pre show.  It had some good moments but the standout was the Fatal 4 way which was every bit as good as I had hoped.  Just a outstanding brawl.

Both main events from NXT and Summerslam easily get an A in my book. 

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #2191 on: August 21, 2017, 07:34:47 PM »
NXT Takeover was excellent overall.  Every match was enjoyable and the main event was fantastic.  Roode has put in his time in NXT and proven himself.  He deserves a main roster spot and in my opinion, a main event run.

Summerslam suffers the same as WM; just too long of a show when you include the pre show.  It had some good moments but the standout was the Fatal 4 way which was every bit as good as I had hoped.  Just a outstanding brawl.

Both main events from NXT and Summerslam easily get an A in my book.

Wrestle kingdom 11 was about 5 and a half hours long and fantastic. Length of the show doesn't really matter as long as its consistently entertaining
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2192 on: August 29, 2017, 01:49:54 AM »
Apparently Flair's health is on the up  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2193 on: August 30, 2017, 07:16:16 AM »
Apparently Flair's health is on the up  :metal

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline masterthes

« Reply #2194 on: September 17, 2017, 05:00:05 PM »
https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/bobby-the-brain-heenan-has-passed-away/

RIP to one of the best heels in the business and a legend. Sucks to see him gone, but glad he's no longer in any pain 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread - R.I.P. Bobby "The Brain"
« Reply #2195 on: September 17, 2017, 05:43:59 PM »
Thank you for all the laughs Brain. You were the best. I am sure Monsoon has a seat ready for him in the Gorilla Position up in the sky.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2196 on: September 17, 2017, 06:32:28 PM »
One of the funniest things I ever saw on Saturday morning wrestling shows was when Tatanka's music hit once... it was that ay-ee-ay-ee-i-i-i-i-i-i scream.  Without missing a beat as soon as it hit, Brain screams out "Indians, take cover!"   :rollin

Him and Gorilla were the best 1-2 commentating pair ever.  Ever.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2197 on: September 17, 2017, 06:40:42 PM »
One of the greatest heels the business has ever seen, and one of the best talkers.  A true legend. R.I.P.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #2198 on: September 17, 2017, 07:26:31 PM »
His commentary at the Royal Rumble 1992 match was golden.  He just really really wanted Ric Flair to win that match so badly and look at this reaction when Ric Flair entered at #3 and his reaction at the end of the match.  He will be missed for certain.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2199 on: September 17, 2017, 08:10:42 PM »
His commentary at the Royal Rumble 1992 match was golden.  He just really really wanted Ric Flair to win that match so badly and look at this reaction when Ric Flair entered at #3 and his reaction at the end of the match.  He will be missed for certain.

I was just going to mention the same.  Gorilla and Brain were the best commentating team ever, and this was their best performance.  The match is awesome in itself, but its taken to the next level based on the commentating.

Thank you Brain!!

Offline masterthes

« Reply #2200 on: September 18, 2017, 05:03:17 AM »
Completely forgot he was the original co-host of RAW. Why did he leave to WCW? Was he fired?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2201 on: September 18, 2017, 12:52:42 PM »
Was bummed to see the news, I'd known he'd been having health problems for a number of years now. Don't know that announcing gets better than him yelling that Marty Jannetty was trying to escape through the barbershop window when Shawn Michaels superkicked him and put him through it :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2202 on: September 18, 2017, 01:01:33 PM »
WILL YOU STOP!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2203 on: September 18, 2017, 03:16:37 PM »
Was bummed to see the news, I'd known he'd been having health problems for a number of years now. Don't know that announcing gets better than him yelling that Marty Jannetty was trying to escape through the barbershop window when Shawn Michaels superkicked him and put him through it :lol

Oh god yes!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsvUNQyWFhw

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2204 on: September 25, 2017, 03:02:15 AM »
Cesaro is one tough dude. Lost his two front teeth not far into that tag match, but kept on fighting anyway. Cesaro/Sheamus always deliver a great match.

The women's match was great too. I'm not a fan of them lumping them all together in multi-person matches, but they know how to make them work.

The Reigns match was trash. Predictable garbage booking. You can't book legacy. They need to give up on that two-move dead end already. The video package comparing him to Cena was an insult.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:01:13 AM by BlobVanDam »