Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 203877 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread
« Reply #2030 on: May 01, 2017, 07:18:28 AM »
House of horrors entertained me in a "so bad its good" kind of way, but just barely. I kept thinking back to ultimate warrior getting betrayed by jake the snake and bitten by the cobra. Just uber cheese

Yeah the Jake-Warrior vignettes were just something you had to see to believe lol

And I was also pleasantly surprised at Jericho winning

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2031 on: May 01, 2017, 07:39:10 AM »
That was a pretty good PPV from start to finish, with the exception of that House of Garbage match. That was just awful, and made no sense. Pre-filming it like a movie took away any credibility it could have had, and then leaving for the arena makes no sense, nor does Orton arriving at the same time as Wyatt. But I didn't expect anything better from an Orton match.
The main event was good. I was pleasantly surprised that Strowman had such a dominant win over Reigns.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #2032 on: May 01, 2017, 08:52:11 AM »
Well y2j is going on tour with fozzy very soon so we're still gonna get ko vs aj. I can see them doing a stretcher job with the rematch to write jericho off tv.

Alexa having the title for a few months is a good way to waste time until summerslam because bayley vs sasha deserves to be at one of the big 4 IMO.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2033 on: May 01, 2017, 09:58:16 AM »
Fairly uneven PPV overall. With both the Gallows and Anderson match and the Balor Miz TV segment on the pre-show I thought maybe that they were going to do something towards a Balor club faction, but both were just fairly run of the mill, predictable segments.

KO versus Jericho was a perfectly fine match, though I saw someone mention last night that they never really get the intensity/hatred coming across that you might expect following KO's dastardly actions at the Festival of Friendship, and I agree with that. Obviously Jericho isn't staying champion for long with the Fozzy tour coming up, but I don't mind him hot-shotting the title to someone just to keep everyone on their toes with an occasional surprise in a match we all think we know the ending to.

The cruiserweight match was solidly entertaining, though the booking seems a little odd unless they plan on keeping the title on Neville for a while longer.

Tag team title match was serviceable as well, did appreciate the beat down/heel turn afterwards though. Hopefully this leads to a certain breaking of one half of the tag team champions.

Solid women's title match. I don't mind Bliss getting the title because she's the best talker in that division by about a country mile. Anything to shake up the booking for the Raw women that's ranged from meh to head scratching over the last... year almost. I think we need to see Sasha turn on Bayley in the midst of what starts as a friendly rivalry over the number one contendership. Let a full on heel Sasha win the title at Summer Slam, and then do a big one on one match and a Bayley win after a long chase at next year's Mania.

The House of Horrors match was just stupid from start to finish. I award it zero points, and may god have mercy on creative's souls.

Joe vs Seth was decent, though I really think Joe should have gone over here. Seth beats Triple H with a bad knee, and then Joe a few weeks later... how does he ever lose once he's healed up? I guess if you want Joe to lose the pin counter to a submission was better than having Seth lay him out, but still.

Liked the main event, they've really got something special going with Braun. I was worried for a minute or two there at the end that they were going to pull a 2012 or so Cena and just have Reigns win anyway. Probably could have done without the post match stuff they did though.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2034 on: May 01, 2017, 07:58:55 PM »
Wow, what a shitty RAW. 30 full minutes of a women's devision segment to start things off. That just went on forever

and yet another week of the broken matt hardy cock tease. And honestly that was just a shitty segment in general (broken gimmick looming or not). They get the shit kicked out of them last night and then don't even get to lay a hand on shamus and cesaro. That was weak.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #2035 on: May 01, 2017, 08:41:37 PM »
Wow, what a shitty RAW. 30 full minutes of a women's devision segment to start things off. That just went on forever

and yet another week of the broken matt hardy cock tease. And honestly that was just a shitty segment in general (broken gimmick looming or not). They get the shit kicked out of them last night and then don't even get to lay a hand on shamus and cesaro. That was weak.

I liked the womens segment but yeah this raw has a lot of filler this week.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2036 on: May 02, 2017, 12:01:13 AM »
The main event on Raw was very good, one of the better television matches in recent memory

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2037 on: May 03, 2017, 09:07:30 PM »
Not sure if many watch that 205 live show but I've been digging it.  That Noam Dar plays the role of a guy you want to see get beat up perfectly. And I really get a kick out of watching Jack Gallagher.

It's definitely not must see tv, but it usually has solid to very good matches.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2038 on: May 05, 2017, 10:42:08 AM »
Braun Strowman isn't finished with you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOs2iazjDvs

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2039 on: May 05, 2017, 10:51:59 AM »
Roman deserves punishment

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2040 on: May 05, 2017, 11:11:33 AM »
Oh you're just on the Roman hate train. Besides not being a good wrestler, having a total of 3 moves, lacking charisma, being shit on the mic, and just being all around boring as fuck and still getting pushed to the moon, you don't have a legitimate reason to hate him.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2041 on: May 05, 2017, 11:28:32 AM »
I wanted to like him so bad when shield broke up, but sometime around the sufferin succotash thing, I just was like:

Roman

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2042 on: May 05, 2017, 11:50:42 AM »
They need to reunite The Shield. They clearly work better as a team, with maybe Seth being the exception. He's pretty good on his own. He just needs a good storyline. Dean is descending into the Reigns abyss. He needs to turn heel, and actually be crazy, and not just goofy zany hijinks Dean. He's not convincing as a lunatic. He could be the new Stone Cold, but they are writing him TERRIBLY.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2043 on: May 05, 2017, 12:00:39 PM »
I am ready to really like Ambrose, but yeah the booking is holding him back. Right now he feels like a poor man's Pillman, but the key thing is that Pillman was able to get over because he wasn't muzzled by creative. He pushed the envelope and forged his own character.

Now how much of that we could actually see in this PG era, who knows. But right now DA in his current form is just not convincing.

Maybe Braun Strowman could start going after Seth and Ambrose as well, in an attempt to show his "dominance" over the former mighty shield and they had to re-unite to defeat this mega enemy. I could be down for something like that.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2044 on: May 05, 2017, 12:14:28 PM »
They don't have to go to extremes like Pillman, but Dean can be a successful "lunatic" heel in the PG era. If Braun can tip over ambulances with someone inside, Dean can be crazy and menacing too. Sure, no blood makes it less effective, but just last Monday, Roman was bloody. Remember that "malfunctioning blood capsule" Roman had? I think as long as they aren't Eddie Guerreroing themselves, they can incorporate blood again. Smaller blood capsules maybe?

EDIT: Roman has already beaten Braun once on his own, so The Shield reuniting to take him out wouldn't make sense anymore.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2045 on: May 06, 2017, 04:37:03 AM »
Saw a small bar show last night and Kenny Omega returned home for a very rare appearance. He shows up for these shows once or twice a year. His match was fantastic last night taking on a couple of local guys in a tag match and he deserves to main eventing the Tokyo Dome

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2046 on: May 06, 2017, 11:37:27 AM »
A couple more female wrestlers had their naked photos "leaked." Someone call G. Gordon Liddy, we need a good plumber.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2047 on: May 06, 2017, 05:28:23 PM »
I think there just maybe a chance that these pictures are "leaked" on purpose lol.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #2048 on: May 07, 2017, 04:49:31 PM »
I resisted the urge to post Charlotte's leaked pics in the funny stuff thread.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2049 on: May 07, 2017, 05:37:29 PM »
Her body is kinda creeping me out  :-\ 

and she did the photos with a phone with the WWE logo case  :lol   Like, when I take my nude picks, I at least make sure to take off my companies logo case, I mean come on...

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #2050 on: May 07, 2017, 06:58:56 PM »
It is kinda amazing how much she's changed physically since those photos were taken lol
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2051 on: May 10, 2017, 12:49:26 PM »

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2052 on: May 10, 2017, 02:25:19 PM »

This is one of my favorite things ever.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2053 on: May 10, 2017, 02:44:16 PM »
:lol :lol yeah, I had never seen that particular version of that Vince reaction gif.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline PB1

« Reply #2054 on: May 10, 2017, 03:01:53 PM »
so i see a lot of threads for professional sports on the first page (ex nhl, mlb, etc). and i just have to ask

you guys know that wrestling is fake right?

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2055 on: May 10, 2017, 03:29:24 PM »
so i see a lot of threads for professional sports on the first page (ex nhl, mlb, etc). and i just have to ask

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0EZobdiJ4M
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #2056 on: May 10, 2017, 03:58:22 PM »

you guys know that wrestling is predetermined right?

Fixed that for ya.

Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2057 on: May 10, 2017, 06:34:30 PM »

Knew it was you before I saw your name.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2058 on: May 10, 2017, 10:42:17 PM »

If it's fake, then why did Robocop help out Sting? And how were there two Undertakers?

Checkmate!

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2059 on: May 10, 2017, 11:59:46 PM »

First of all, it's not fake. It's scripted. These are highly athletic performers executing difficult and sometimes dangerous stunts. Second of all, yes we know. But just like a movie of a tv show, the fact that what we're watching has predetermined outcomes doesn't stop us from enjoying it. Just like someone roots for their favorite characters to have success and get mad or upset when things don't go their way, we react the same way towards our favorite wrestlers. The two key differences between professional wrestling and tv shows or movies: the wrestlers all perform their own stunts and only get one take to get their lines right. They are trained professionals who are damn good at what they do and there are people who enjoy it just like any other tv show. If you don't like it, don't watch it and don't criticize or belittle those who do.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2060 on: May 11, 2017, 03:30:13 AM »
I hate when people say its fake. Its a true insult to this poor baby's memory

RIP baby. You will be missed  :'(

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2061 on: May 11, 2017, 03:44:56 AM »
Hey, you guys know that movies are fake right?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2062 on: May 11, 2017, 07:08:43 AM »

I have half a mind to just ban your account right now.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2063 on: May 11, 2017, 07:14:47 AM »

I have half a mind to just ban your account right now.

I can help convincing the other half if you want.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2064 on: May 11, 2017, 10:27:17 AM »
Fake or not, the Ric Flair chops to the chest in the 80's have got to sting just a bit