Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 206476 times)

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1470 on: May 06, 2016, 04:52:48 PM »
I really hope Sandow goes to LU.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1471 on: May 10, 2016, 09:12:13 AM »
Photobucket sucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1472 on: May 10, 2016, 09:15:03 AM »
:lol WTF? And I liked the Crazy Train knockoff stock rock too.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1473 on: May 10, 2016, 09:28:19 AM »
I didn't even have the sound on since I'm at work. Dinosaurs throwing headscissors ftw :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1474 on: May 21, 2016, 06:16:56 PM »
Pretty excited for Extreme Rules tomorrow.  I looked at the matches and I only really know Chris Jericho who I am pumped to see.  Was a huge fan of his from WCW and then loved his Y2J stuff in the WWE.  Then liked his first two Fozzy albums of cover songs which actually is how I discovered my favorite band, Iron Maiden.  Well not discovered, I knew the hits, but Fozzy did The Prisoner and Where Eagles Dare which is what really got me to listen to IM more. 

I'm giving my extra ticket to my friend so we will be boozing at my house before and then hopping on the train to Newark.  First event in at least 12 years for me.  :metal :metal

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1475 on: May 22, 2016, 07:35:49 PM »
Pretty excited for Extreme Rules tomorrow.  I looked at the matches and I only really know Chris Jericho who I am pumped to see.  Was a huge fan of his from WCW and then loved his Y2J stuff in the WWE.  Then liked his first two Fozzy albums of cover songs which actually is how I discovered my favorite band, Iron Maiden.  Well not discovered, I knew the hits, but Fozzy did The Prisoner and Where Eagles Dare which is what really got me to listen to IM more. 

I'm giving my extra ticket to my friend so we will be boozing at my house before and then hopping on the train to Newark.  First event in at least 12 years for me.  :metal :metal

Hope you're enjoying the show. I probably would have gone if not for serving as my cousin's confirmation sponsor today. The IC title fatal four way is probably my main roster match of the year so far.
Photobucket sucks.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1476 on: May 22, 2016, 08:01:57 PM »
Cody Rhodes asked for his release, I believe, yesterday, and got it today.  Here's what he has to say.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjF5AxQVAAAG53q.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjF5AxxWkAAX2QS.jpg

The thing is where would he go?  ROH is not really known for good storytelling (even if the matches are good at times albeit seems meaningless imo), and I can't see him adapt to the harder-hitting style that NJPW has.  LU?  Doing something with Stephen Amell?

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1477 on: May 22, 2016, 08:58:16 PM »
Rollins is back!!!
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1478 on: May 22, 2016, 09:08:19 PM »
Rollins is back!!!

That was a nice surprise and made up for AJ not winning.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1479 on: May 22, 2016, 09:17:59 PM »
How long before Rollins injures someone else?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1480 on: May 22, 2016, 10:59:08 PM »
So much fun at the show tonight  :metal :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1481 on: May 22, 2016, 11:49:11 PM »
https://youtu.be/v4FBLnDoF4o

Could not stop laughing when I came home and watched this video.  We were so drunk and just chilled by the entrance to our seating area and the attendant was so nice.  She had to kick some people out of our seats earlier so we were chatting with her for some time before this happened.  We kept joking around with these guys too and so while we didn't know them, we just kept cracking jokes and this guy attempted to sit in the handicap seats  :lol :lol

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1482 on: May 23, 2016, 12:04:13 AM »
I have to say, I really enjoyed Reigns vs Styles tonight.  Admittedly, Reigns kicking out of two Styles Clashes was a bit obnoxious, but I don't feel like Styles was made to look bad.  I've seen some people online acting like Reigns won with just one spear, but Styles actually took quite a lot of damage.  Body dropped through a table, planted with a pretty high impact powerbomb, punched off the the top rope out to the floor, powerbombed again through another table, speared outside the ring, superkicked repeatedly by the Usos... Reigns may have won, but it wasn't just a spear.  And even the spear itself was a pretty sick one.   

It was a pretty fun match, in my eyes.  I would have liked to see Styles win, but that was never a realistic possibility, and I think they did a pretty good job overall.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:09:48 AM by Jaffa »
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1483 on: May 23, 2016, 08:34:26 AM »
Knowing that Styles was never going to win, it was a solid match. I think their last one was better, but again Styles wasn't made to look bad at all. WWE needs to learn that having people kick out of a million finishers doesn't make someone look strong, it just waters down the move. The Styles Clash isn't a move that should be devalued. And I'll never accept a punch and a tackle as a finisher. It's lame as shit. The crowd was amazing during that match. Absolutely amazing. And thank god Rollins is back.

Another very strong PPV overall. It was actually excellent up until the Ambrose/Jericho match, which lost the crowd until the main event. They continue to make Ambrose look silly, with gimmicky booking, and a feud over a pot plant. I'm surprised they allowed the thumb tacks to actually get used, but it was wasted. That match was a lost cause. The women's match could have gotten more time, and the interference was lame, but that wasn't a bad match.

That fatal four way lived up to all expectations and stole the show. They set up the groundwork perfectly at Payback, and developed it well over the month, and it paid off. I wish Cesaro wasn't down for so long before the pin, but he took a lot during the match and looked very strong, and it was a good heel win for Miz. Everyone continued to get elevated with this storyline. There's still steam left in the rivalries here for the next couple of months too.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1484 on: May 23, 2016, 08:56:04 AM »
I feel like the Styles Clash really hasn't been built up as a move that ends matches in WWE, so last night didn't really de-value it so much. He beat someone random (I want to say Curtis Axel) the first time they let him use it here, and then the second time he used it was for a false finish against Jericho.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1485 on: May 23, 2016, 09:02:01 AM »
Yeah, I wasn't thinking in WWE, I'm more thinking of before that, being a move with a reputation for breaking necks. :lol
I get that they probably don't want it to be his big finisher for that very reason, but if you do let him do it, having people kick out of it multiple times isn't the best idea imo. If they'd left it at one, no big deal, but having a second one on a chair with another kick out, bleh. It just makes me dislike Reigns even more.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1486 on: May 25, 2016, 07:38:47 AM »

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1488 on: May 25, 2016, 08:23:51 AM »
Assuming they do this right, I think this was the only call given the size and quality of their roster. The best proposal I heard was that the world champ, the women's champ, and tag champs would bounce between both brands, with each of them getting one out of the IC and US titles as brand specific.

I think that gives a lot of opportunity to give more people something to do. The way I'd do it is having a number one contender's match PPVs with a representative from each brand (occasionally expanded to two from each brand for a fatal four way match), that way you can have one feud around the brand specific title and one feud around who gets to be that brand's rep in the #1 contender match
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1489 on: May 25, 2016, 08:33:21 AM »
The big news here is Smackdown going live. The brand split has happened and been successful before but Smackdown has never been live. This will put more pressure on the superstars to peform to their fullest every night (since there's no do-overs or post production editing when live) and can only enhance the product. Hopefully they bring back brand specific ppv's (four for each) and make SummerSlam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, and WrestleMania the only four full roster ppv's so that the big four feel special again. Besides Mania, the other three ppv's, especially SummerSlam and Survivor Series, felt like every other ppv.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1490 on: May 25, 2016, 08:33:35 AM »
The brand split was terrible, and that was when they had a more developed roster, and better writing that wasn't entirely one track minded. The brand specific PPVs felt budget, and in the era of the devalued WWE Network era of PPVs, that would be even worse. The only positive that came of it was having Heyman in charge of Smackdown to develop a lot of the best talent of the time.

Assuming they do this right, I think this was the only call given the size and quality of their roster. The best proposal I heard was that the world champ, the women's champ, and tag champs would bounce between both brands, with each of them getting one out of the IC and US titles as brand specific.

This would certainly make the idea work a lot better, as the abundance of titles really watered them down, and one title was always worth less than the other.
But I haven't watched Smackdown....... ever, and I haven't bothered with Raw since Wrestlemania, so there's no way I'm watching 5+ hours of WWE a week.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1491 on: May 25, 2016, 08:57:00 AM »
I definitely wouldn't do brand specific PPVs again, just a couple big matches from each brand on each PPV.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1492 on: May 25, 2016, 09:40:02 AM »
If they avoid brand specific PPVs and belts (aside from US/IC which makes sense since they're theoretically comparable), it wouldn't be too bad.

And none of this crap with the commentators talking about how much better their show is. You're the same damn company, and it's annoying. It's like having your parents split up, then constantly tell you how shitty your other parent is.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1493 on: June 04, 2016, 08:23:08 AM »

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1494 on: June 04, 2016, 10:14:05 AM »

-MirrorMask

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1496 on: June 04, 2016, 10:12:52 PM »
 :|
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1497 on: June 04, 2016, 10:19:28 PM »
I think that's unintentionally brilliant :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1498 on: June 19, 2016, 10:28:52 PM »
AMBROSE!!!!!!!!!!! What a way to end the PPV with all three former Shield members holding the world title in one night.

-MirrorMask

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1499 on: June 20, 2016, 03:17:55 AM »
AMBROSE!!!!!!!!!!! What a way to end the PPV with all three former Shield members holding the world title in one night.

Wow!!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1500 on: June 20, 2016, 07:28:42 AM »

Yeah, that was something!

The only downer is that it brought down the fact Rollins beat Reigns cleanly, because you knew Ambrose was cashing in at that point. Still, Ambrose was long overdue for a legit title win, so I'm happy with how that turned out. All three Shield members holding the title in one night. Damn!
So it will probably be Ambrose/Rollins next month, then a triple threat at Summerslam with the three of them. Reigns will probably win it back.

The MITB ladder match itself was great too, as expected. The only weak link in the match was Del Rio, so it had to be good. I think Cesaro put on the best performance there.

Cena/Styles was also as good as expected. I'm sure the next 5 consecutive matches will be even better. :neverusethis:

Thank god they have Cena and Rollins back.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1501 on: June 21, 2016, 04:22:51 PM »
Good timing on the title change...
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1502 on: June 21, 2016, 07:28:28 PM »

I think that maybe they knew before the PPV and that's why they had him lose clean to Rollins. They had to have him lose before they could suspend him. Why they would then set up a triple threat is beyond me. I guess he will be back in time for Battleground but do they really want him in the main event?

-MirrorMask

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1503 on: June 21, 2016, 11:20:57 PM »

I think that maybe they knew before the PPV and that's why they had him lose clean to Rollins. They had to have him lose before they could suspend him. Why they would then set up a triple threat is beyond me. I guess he will be back in time for Battleground but do they really want him in the main event?

I'm sure Vince loves Roman no less than he did, and it might not have been a huge violation anyway.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1504 on: June 22, 2016, 01:37:48 AM »
At least he admitted his mistake, whatever it was