Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 207728 times)

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1400 on: March 30, 2016, 08:22:52 AM »
It's gonna be fun watching Roman get crapped on by the fans this sunday.

Offline Bruinsfan25

« Reply #1401 on: March 30, 2016, 09:58:58 AM »
Am I the only one that think Seth Rollins makes another appearance in the title match to try and redeem it?

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1402 on: March 30, 2016, 10:49:25 AM »
Am I the only one that think Seth Rollins makes another appearance in the title match to try and redeem it?

I think Seth helps Trips retain. Then eventually, Trips "turns" on Seth and sets up Seth going on a huge monster FACE run and beating Trips for the belt, say at SummerSlam.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:58:19 AM by Destiny Of Chaos »

Offline Bruinsfan25

« Reply #1403 on: March 30, 2016, 11:53:15 AM »

I think Seth helps Trips retain. Then eventually, Trips "turns" on Seth and sets up Seth going on a huge monster run and beating Trips for the belt, say at SummerSlam.

Thinking about it more I doubt they'll do anything but if I had to guess I think Seth tries to help HHH but messes up somehow and helps Roman win the belt inadvertently. We all know that Reigns is winning the belt it's just a matter of trying to keep the boos to a minimum. My scenario doesn't really solve the problem but at least people will be happy to have seen Rollins  :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1404 on: March 30, 2016, 04:48:37 PM »
I'm expecting Seth or Cena or both to show up in some capacity.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1405 on: March 30, 2016, 08:34:49 PM »
I'm not sure if they'll bring back Rollins to do anything at this point since he's well out from being ready to wrestle again, but I like that scenario a lot. Maybe Sting? I don't know. As much as Vince wants Reigns to have his WM moment, they can't let it go down clean cut. It's going to tank hard.
Apparently HHH wants the title match on last (of course he wants his match to go on last and headline the biggest WM ever), but Vince wants the Taker match last. To me it would work a lot better to have the Undertaker match last.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1406 on: March 30, 2016, 09:07:52 PM »
The world title match should always be last, but good luck convincing Vince of that, considering how many times the world title match was not the last match of WM (the first Cena/Rock match, the one with LT, WM8, etc.).

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1407 on: March 30, 2016, 09:23:22 PM »
Under normal circumstances I agree the title match should always be last, and I think it's been a slap in the face to the guys in the title match when it's not (like whenever Hogan had to go on last even when he didn't have the title, the Cena/Rock match over Punk's title match), but this year they've painted themselves into a corner with a title match nobody wants, with an outcome nobody likes. It's their own fault for awful booking.

I think they're going to look silly if they end their biggest WM ever with the crowd booing their intended top guy out of the building knowing full well it was going to happen. Of course, that's assuming the Reigns/HHH match goes down straight. They may have a backup plan that involves interference or a turn or something. They salvaged it well last year, so maybe they'll surprise us again.

Offline Bruinsfan25

« Reply #1408 on: March 31, 2016, 05:07:56 AM »
My thinking with having Rollins come in is to salvage the main event if it is in fact the last match on the card. Even then I don't know how it doesn't end with the crowd booing if/when Reigns wins. I think Taker v Shane should go last just because it has more ramifications. Whatever happens I'm curious to see if they can make it all work like they did last year. The only problem this year is they're missing so many big names I'm not sure how they pull it off.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1409 on: April 01, 2016, 07:30:22 PM »
T minus 30 minutes people :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1410 on: April 01, 2016, 08:24:11 PM »
All hail Jordan and Gable :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1411 on: April 01, 2016, 10:30:42 PM »
I got to say.  I like the Takeover show, solid tag team wrestling (with an exception of a botch).  A great debut for Shinsuke Nakamura where he hit all of his trademark stuff, a solid woman's match with an interesting ending, and a decent main event that kinda did not get its wheels moving for a bit due to the beginning (and was not as great as the two matches before it).

I am overall happy.  Not going to be watching Wrestlemania though.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:41:40 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1412 on: April 02, 2016, 08:55:03 AM »
That whole show was great.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1413 on: April 02, 2016, 03:46:35 PM »
Nakamura's new theme here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJjZM5zFGuA

After hearing it a few times, it reminds me of Lindsey Stirling.  It's all right.  I'm going to miss his NJPW theme though, it was good hype music.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1414 on: April 02, 2016, 05:54:02 PM »
What a show last night. Just watched Zayn-Nakamura for the third time :hefdaddy
Photobucket sucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1415 on: April 02, 2016, 07:30:36 PM »
Nakamura's new theme here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJjZM5zFGuA

After hearing it a few times, it reminds me of Lindsey Stirling.  It's all right.  I'm going to miss his NJPW theme though, it was good hype music.

For ages we've been joking about how he'd have the generic Asian music that all the Asian wrestlers get, and this is less bad than usual, although still pretty bland. He needs something higher energy and more rocking than that to fit his personality.
I watched Wrestlemania XX the other day, and in the Cruiserweight open title match, there were so many dudes with generic asian music. :lol Hey WWE, you can have an Asian wrestler without their music sounding "oriental". You can always tell the racial background of a WWE wrestler by their theme music.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1416 on: April 03, 2016, 09:22:45 AM »
^^ All right, I'll give you that.  Even from the beloved stars, back then, that did not have a stereotypical character like Eddie Guerrero and Booker T had certain undertones in their music that gives away their racial background.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1417 on: April 03, 2016, 10:25:37 AM »
One positive thing about tonight's show is, I can't think of a possible outcome for most of the matches. So no matter what I am gonna be surprised.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1418 on: April 03, 2016, 03:04:47 PM »
Takeover was amazing, as always. Hoping that WM is entertaining.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1419 on: April 03, 2016, 06:46:42 PM »
Geez, not a single decent finish so far. Awful booking. The matches themselves haven't been bad, but Ryder as IC champ? WTF? New Day losing? Come on. Jericho not having to put over Styles? Why? And obviously Lesnar was winning the street fight, but what a letdown finish.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1420 on: April 03, 2016, 07:04:54 PM »
Just logged into wwe to watch wrestling for the first time in like 15 years. It's pretty fun.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1421 on: April 03, 2016, 07:10:38 PM »
This women's match is gonna steal the show. Damn.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1422 on: April 03, 2016, 07:23:56 PM »
God damn. Goodbye shitty Divas title, and hello Women's title. Amazing triple threat match, and I really dig the new belt.

You''re putting on Reigns HHH last? Fuck you HHH. Of course you don't want to follow up the best damn match on the card, and of course you have to put yourself on last.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1423 on: April 03, 2016, 07:32:47 PM »
The women's match was dope, but they should have pulled the trigger on Sasha.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1424 on: April 03, 2016, 07:41:11 PM »
That would have been good, but I didn't care who won that match, they were all deserving. And the finish left it open for the feud to continue, so I don't mind. Sasha will get there.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1425 on: April 03, 2016, 08:00:02 PM »
Ugh, why is Shane being booked as a legitimate competitor here? There's no way in hell he should be kicking out of the last ride. Ever. Or putting Undertaker is a believable submission hold. You're not a wrestler, Shane. This is awful. The upcoming pre-planned Shane bump can't save this booking.

I blame HHH for this entire Wrestlemania.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1426 on: April 03, 2016, 08:54:40 PM »
How do you think HHH gets addressed in board meetings? Triple H? Hunter? Paul? Mr. Levesquoo?

He can get some of the blame, but Vince is planning Wrestlemania the day after the previous Wrestlemania. Of course he couldn't have anticipated all the injuries on the roster, but if anyone deserves blame, VKM deserves the majority of it. God knows he would take the credit for it if it was a success.

Wait! I just read an update! Shaq entered the Battle Royal. Glorious! Of course I have no idea who the winner is. What I get for not following NXT.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1427 on: April 03, 2016, 09:07:57 PM »
Some NXT dude won the battle royal. No idea. And they just wasted half an hour on a worthless Rock promo where he adds nothing except burying the current talent. It was only marginally better than last year's awful time waster. And then they wonder why they have to keep relying on the old talent as a crutch. At least Cena is back. Thank god.

I hope the crowd boos this title match out of the building. You can't put enough padding before this thing as much as they tried. Worst Wrestlemania of the 2000s. The women's match is the only redeeming match, it stole the show.

Oh my god, this Triple H intro is the worst thing in the history of ever. Fuck, just rub in how awful you've made this event. Stephanie, just die.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:16:15 PM by BlobVanDam »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1428 on: April 03, 2016, 09:53:35 PM »
So they decided to put Reigns winning the title on last with no curveballs at all? BWAHAHA. Oh but they muted the audience and dubbed in some cheers when he won. Now everyone will love Reigns. That match tanked hard.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1429 on: April 03, 2016, 09:57:51 PM »
There's no way in hell he should be kicking out of the last ride. Ever.

I definitely don't agree with that.  I mean, I understand the sentiment of your point, but Shane's entire in-ring career has centered around getting his ass kicked and refusing to quit.  This is the same Shane McMahon that kept fighting after Kurt Angle had to take a second shot at suplexing him through a fucking window.  If he had stayed down after the first big move Taker had hit him with, I would have been sorely disappointed. 

That being said, I don't disagree with your larger point.  The booking of the match definitely didn't make much sense to me. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #1430 on: April 03, 2016, 10:02:12 PM »
Haven't watched any of that but from what I read, this is quite insulting to Undertaker. If he is to be in any match with a McMahon, it should at the very least look like one of the early Kane matches when he was introduced. In and out in under 3 minutes, total domination.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1431 on: April 03, 2016, 10:24:20 PM »
I cant wait for HHH to take over. Vince has lost it completely

I did like ryder and corbin winning though
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1432 on: April 03, 2016, 10:30:22 PM »
Great show.  The Shane-Taker match was 10X better then I thought it was going to be.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1433 on: April 03, 2016, 10:42:50 PM »
There's no way in hell he should be kicking out of the last ride. Ever.

I definitely don't agree with that.  I mean, I understand the sentiment of your point, but Shane's entire in-ring career has centered around getting his ass kicked and refusing to quit.  This is the same Shane McMahon that kept fighting after Kurt Angle had to take a second shot at suplexing him through a fucking window.  If he had stayed down after the first big move Taker had hit him with, I would have been sorely disappointed. 

That being said, I don't disagree with your larger point.  The booking of the match definitely didn't make much sense to me. 

Shane McMahon is not a wrestler, he's just a regular man coming in against THE UNDERTAKER. There's a difference between refusing to quit, and being physically unable to continue. It made the Undertaker look weak rather than making Shane look strong. Even though the Last Ride isn't his current finisher, it is still a powerful move that real wrestlers rarely got up from, so Shane definitely shouldn't have kicked out. It wasn't believable.
The whole match was stupidly booked. Obviously Undertaker wasn't losing. Undertaker's true last WM match would main event. There wasn't ever any pretense of Shane winning, because otherwise the Authority would have actually given a shit and had someone at ringside, anyone, doing anything to protect their spot in the company. No other McMahons involved at all. So in a one-on-one match of Undertaker vs Shane, it should be no contest, at all. That was the whole point of choosing the Undertaker, since he had no real part in the storyline, aside from later tacking on the retirement stipulation. It was the toughest guy in the company with over 20 WM wins (including 3 against HHH) against a regular middle aged desk dude. The reason he always had to resort to the huge spots was to overcome his obvious deficiencies in fighting real wrestlers, but his high spot had none of that impact, because they made him look competitive beforehand. It was just a spot in a match with no believable stakes. He didn't even need to resort to that many weapons to wear down the Undertaker. It was impossible for me to get invested in that match because there was no suspension of disbelief for the entire situation. It was also hard to buy how serious and brutal the match would be when he brought out his kids in his entrance and sat them at ringside. Here kids, watch me get killed!

Most of the event was booked terribly.
Zack Ryder winning the IC belt. What is a Zack Ryder anyway? They could have finally given Ziggler a deserved WM moment (they're just trolling us at this point), or actually given Zayn some impact on the main roster (I didn't even realize he was on the main roster now?) and have him feud with Owens for the belt. And it was a very run of the mill ladder match to boot. Same old stuff, like a watered down version of last year's identical match.

AJ Styles losing. I don't get that. Otherwise, it was a pretty good match.

The League of Nations beating New Day was pointless. As much as I love Austin/Foley/Michaels, that whole spot was pointless too. Pure nostalgia to boost the show. Still nice to see those guys though.

The Ambrose/Lesnar match was completely underwhelming. They had a few chairs in the ring, then cockteased with a weapon you knew they'd never use in 2016, a very bland match that could have gotten more time. I wanted Lesnar to win, but they could have continued to elevate Ambrose here with this match, but made it a whatever loss. And they could have utilized Brock Lesnar so much better. This should have been a big match, and it didn't deliver.

The women's match. I couldn't stop grinning after that. Well done to all of them for what they've achieved here. The one saving grace of WM32.

I always like battle royals, but I found it weird. Tatanka appearing with zero fanfare, random DDP appearance was fun, Shaq, hyping all of the big guys even worse than usual, some guy I've never heard of winning.

Then the Rock comes out to waste a huge amount of time for no reason (for the second year in a row) that could have been used to give someone else a match. The Rock's appearances do not help the company at all in the long term, only in the immediate short term. The Wyatts have been jobbers for a while, and having the Rock bury them and beat Rowan in record time does not help them. If insurance won't let you wrestle, then don't wrestle. Don't give us this garbage instead. I'm glad Cena is back, but he was also pointlessly tacked in.

That title match was awful. The crowd was on HHH's side, and 100% against Reigns. If Reigns doesn't turn on Raw tomorrow, I just don't know what they're thinking. Stephanie McMahon screaming her head off at ringside in her NASA designed dominatrix gear did not help either.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 10:57:00 PM by BlobVanDam »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1434 on: April 03, 2016, 11:11:50 PM »
The suspension of disbelief was lost every time Shane pulled his shirt down. Or any time a wrestler gets beaten to a pulp, but still has to get his hair out of his eyes.