Author Topic: Lucien's Roulette - THE END  (Read 12703 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Lucien's Roulette - 4: Ambient RESULTS
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2014, 03:35:04 PM »
Ah.  Didn't realize it was that few # of rounds.

Never mind then!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
Re: Lucien's Roulette - 4: Ambient RESULTS
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2014, 03:35:50 PM »
Yeah, it'll be done soon. It may be a very long time before I try another one though  :lol
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
Re: Lucien's Roulette - THE END
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2014, 07:36:21 PM »
-Shadow Ninja 2.0
The Ocean - Signals of Anxiety
The first thing that came to my head was movie soundtrack. Then it gets better and better... A building up like many good pieces I love. Everything is great. Even the vocals are just.. hugely powerful. A certain desperation in the voice, being cast into that ocean that the album is famous for. Drowning, slowly...
18/20

-Buddyhunter1
Riverside - Escalator Shrine
Instantly we descend into airy ambient territory. Oh wait, is that Home I hear? Oh wow, this is jazzy. The vocals are really nice. Sounds a lot like the older pop rock, except with a progressive hue. Wow, it got a ton more metal, and I'm really liking this. Awesome riffs in between the vocals. The quiet section afterwards is really great, then afterwards towards the end of the song, when the vocals come back. The outro is beautiful
17/20

-Adace
Ulver - Blinded by Blood
Another ambient piece by Ulver, I see. The beginning of the piece is rather minimalist, which I enjoy. Then, from behind the mix comes a rather creepy sounding synth part, but it is overshadowed by the beautiful chorus-sounding synth. The real vocals are really great, and I LOVE those synth string chords. Beautiful. Not much else to say. Just beautiful. Though those images in the video you sent me were rather distracting, so I found a different video.  :lol It certainly didn't take 19/20

-Senecadawg2
Sigur Ros - Svefn-g-englar
Oh my God. Oh. My. God. I don't even know what to say. This is just...  :omg:  :'(  :laugh: This is all I could have hoped to find in this roulette. Seneca, I thank you. Everyone, listen to this song. It's... amazing.
20/20

-Ben_Jamin
David Maxim Micic - Daydreamers
Wow. When this piece actually started, it SMACKED me. Soaring female vocals, amazing guitar and bass work. This is really, really great. The instrumental sections are phenomenal, and there is something exceptional about the riff under the chorus. Like, really exceptional. The piece is really great. The quiet section in the middle and at the end is really great, and is that a child singing during that? Interesting. This is really great.
18/20

-Elite
Maurice Duruflé - Requiem: IX. In Paradisum
Yay, classical! Beautiful choir, and the harmonies are achingly divine. The piece is simply amazing, if perhaps too short. I would have loved to hear like an entire symphony movement focus on that kind of sound.
18/20

-LieLowTheWantedMan
Psychotic Waltz - Out of Mind
And so we jump RIGHT IN to ridiculous guitar work, drumming, and even vocals. The vocalist has a really nice falsetto. And talk about a riff! And those chugging chords! This piece does not fail to surprise me, though it does feel like a few of these ideas need a little bit more time to develop. I bet I would like this piece a bit more if it were like 6-8 minutes long. Really great though.
17/20

-Lonestar
IQ - The Seventh House
The instrumental work at the beginning, with the little harmony reminds me of a certain video game. This is an interesting piece. The real development happens 3 minutes in, when the electric guitar enters with a smack. The piece feels very cinematic, and it has a very open feel to it. The mix is wonderful, something I forgot to mention about most of the songs here. Amazing progressive rock.
19/20

Shadow Ninja -  81
Buddyhunter - 86
Adace - 88
Seneca - 91
Benjamin - 85
Elite - 86
Lielow - 83
Lonestar - 87

That's all, folks!
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2014, 07:51:08 PM »
Woohoo! I'm really glad you enjoyed the Sigur Ros song- I had a feeling you would, mainly because I thought it did a good job of combining all the themes you selected for the earlier rounds. I can't recommend their music enough, but the best albums to begin with imo are ( ), Agaetis Byrjun, and Takk.

Also, thanks for running the roulette. I know it didn't move as fast as a lot of us would have liked (definitely myself included), but I enjoyed playing nonetheless. Pacing aside, sharing music always makes me happy, and even more so when other people like what I share  :smiley:
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2014, 08:11:29 PM »
I knew you were going to send that, Seneca. :lol
Congratulations! (Though there's plenty of songs on ( ) that are better :P)
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2014, 08:21:59 PM »
I'll agree that there are better tracks on ( ), especially 8. I just think that sven-g-englar makes more sense for roulettes as I think it stands alone a little better.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2014, 10:04:30 PM »
I thought about sending Untitled 8, but I didn't wanna steal your thunder.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1