Author Topic: MLB 2014 v. GIANTS LAY PIPE ON MLB 2014 WORLD SERIES STYLE  (Read 62287 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: MLB 2014 v. Billy Butler Steals Second, and Our Hearts
« Reply #630 on: October 15, 2014, 07:48:30 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Royals sweep the whole postseason at this rate. They're just flat-out refusing to lose.

This is what I want to happen.  I like their style of play, and like the Pirates it had been a long time since they had tasted success.

I have a feeling that the Royals are going to end up screwing themselves for flying through the AL teams. The Cards and Giants (I believe) are going to go at least 6 games, most likely 7 and they will be hard fought games and the winner of that series will not have any 'down' time. If the Royals sweep.....they are sitting for at least 5 days.....it's tough to maintain momentum when you're not playing.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #631 on: October 15, 2014, 09:27:25 AM »
Oh and by the way: Randy Choate, more like Randy Choke AM I RIGHT?!?!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #632 on: October 15, 2014, 11:37:52 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Royals sweep the whole postseason at this rate. They're just flat-out refusing to lose.

This is what I want to happen.  I like their style of play, and like the Pirates it had been a long time since they had tasted success.

I have a feeling that the Royals are going to end up screwing themselves for flying through the AL teams. The Cards and Giants (I believe) are going to go at least 6 games, most likely 7 and they will be hard fought games and the winner of that series will not have any 'down' time. If the Royals sweep.....they are sitting for at least 5 days.....it's tough to maintain momentum when you're not playing.
Didn't stop them for the ALCS...
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #633 on: October 15, 2014, 05:09:49 PM »
Proud of the Orioles. No Wieters. No Machado. No Davis, but they still had a hell of a season. Swept the Tigers in 3 tight games and swept by the Royals in 4 even tighter games. I've never, ever seen a sweep victim look so good. The Orioles played great, the Royals were just out of this world. They did all of the little things right and had some terrific plays. So congrats to Kansas City! As for the Orioles.... we'll be back!

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #634 on: October 15, 2014, 05:11:04 PM »
Good lord. If the Royals aren't the favorites to win it all yet, I don't even know.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #635 on: October 15, 2014, 05:19:36 PM »
Good lord. If the Royals aren't the favorites to win it all yet, I don't even know.

They haven't run into team with recent World Series experience. They will next week, and as great as Kansas City has looked, I wouldn't be surprised if SF or St.L are favored in the WS.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #636 on: October 15, 2014, 05:41:55 PM »
Not the team wearing blue that I was hoping for.  At least the Dodgers are finally making moves at the top.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #637 on: October 15, 2014, 09:21:19 PM »
I have so many issues with the way Mike Matheny has horribly managed the game against SF tonight that even though it's not over (yet) he fully deserves for the Cardinals to lose this game because of the ridiculous ways he's managed this game. It's embarrassing how bad it's been.....

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #638 on: October 15, 2014, 09:24:37 PM »
Wait for it..............

:GiantsMetal:

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #639 on: October 15, 2014, 09:31:20 PM »
Wait for it..............

I'll PM you my e-mail here in a bit so you can send me the Avatar.....this series is about a swing away from being over. The Cards won't beat SF tomorrow and they ain't coming back tonight.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #640 on: October 15, 2014, 09:52:25 PM »
I'll wait to send till we got this thing. Never count the chickens till they're butchered and in the oven.

Aaaaaaaaaand one more!!!!!!!! Fuck. Yes.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:12:24 PM by lonestar »

Offline dparrott

« Reply #641 on: October 15, 2014, 10:50:48 PM »
Heh yeah.  After the Red Sox swept the Yanks in that ALCS, anything's possible in the playoffs.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #642 on: October 16, 2014, 05:14:45 AM »
Proud of the Orioles. No Wieters. No Machado. No Davis, but they still had a hell of a season. Swept the Tigers in 3 tight games and swept by the Royals in 4 even tighter games. I've never, ever seen a sweep victim look so good. The Orioles played great, the Royals were just out of this world. They did all of the little things right and had some terrific plays. So congrats to Kansas City! As for the Orioles.... we'll be back!
My condolences bro. Buck deserves a ring.

But GO ROYALS!! They were my childhood favorite team.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #643 on: October 16, 2014, 07:54:42 AM »
After a night to sleep on it I still maintain Matheny horribly managed that game....strictly concerning pitchers. Why have Wacha on the roster if you aren't going to use him in long relief stints....like he could of when he SHOULD have took Miller out after the 4th inning. Leaving Miller in to start the 5th and the subsequent cluster  :censored that ensued as far as wasting Martinez with only 1 inning of work and then putting in an over used, tired....clearly butt puckered Gonzales was just retarded.

Then, in typical Giants baseball fashion they get (2) runs by hitting 2 balls that together traveled less than 60 feet because Matt Adams apparently forgot how to make a couple routing plays that he's been making since he was 12. But, that's the way the Giants have been winning so more power to them.

It'd be great to see the Cards get thier head out of thier a$$ and stop handing games away and get this series back to StL where then the pitching match ups heavily favor them....but it ain't gonna happen. Thank goodness it's hockey season.

RJ.....I anxiously await the avatar.......

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #644 on: October 16, 2014, 08:45:06 AM »
I long for the days when the Cardinals had great defense.  Catching droppable fly balls, blowing routine infield plays, etc.  Brutal.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #645 on: October 16, 2014, 09:20:36 AM »
I long for the days when the Cardinals had great defense.  Catching droppable fly balls, blowing routine infield plays, etc.  Brutal.

I hate the fact that they haven't played a clean game yet. Like I said, the Giants are capitolizing on the Cards mistakes....as teams should....it just bugs the heck out of me that these losses have had less to do about the Giants doing things to win these games and more about the Cardinals doing things to lose them. Walks and errors....don't equal 'victories'.....and then compound that with Matheny's questionable managing the past game or two....it's been mind numbing. Speaking of Matheny's managing choices.....great article by Miklasz today that describes it perfectly.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/bernie-matheny-too-slow-with-the-hook-for-miller/article_1ceec0e2-4753-5790-a1a8-1195daaa0a8e.html

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #646 on: October 16, 2014, 09:17:09 PM »
Ehhh....good job SF? I guess....for taking advantage of a Cardinal team that most likely didn't deserve to be there. Anyway....seasons over....I just erased a two paragraph rant....I'll summarize it by saying Mike Matheny is a dick for what he just did to Michael Wacha. Period.

Good job RJ....I'll shoot you a PM with my e-mail so you can send me my new AVATAR I'll wear while watching the Royals kick the  :censored out of the Giant   ;)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #647 on: October 16, 2014, 09:41:08 PM »
Yeah, maybe. But Randy Choate had just, in consecutive days to boot, literally thrown the game away and then barely able to throw a strike and Rosenthal has been bad all series. :/
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #648 on: October 16, 2014, 09:59:38 PM »
Fuck. Yes. :GiantsMetal:

Gary, I'll send your pic before I crash, just got off work, about to board a train full of happy Giants fans!!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #649 on: October 17, 2014, 07:23:28 AM »
Yeah, maybe. But Randy Choate had just, in consecutive days to boot, literally thrown the game away and then barely able to throw a strike and Rosenthal has been bad all series. :/

You still don't put a kid in to that situation who hasn't pitched in 26 days. If he's looking for consecutive innings Martinez or even Maness could do that. But the kick in the butt was Neshak allowing a guy who was up to bat to do nothing but hit a home run.....hit that home run. Anyway....whatever.....it'll be interesting to see if SF can beat at team in 7 games that doesn't make mistakes. They capitolized on Washington and StL's every mistake but KC is playing clean....inspired baseball.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #650 on: October 17, 2014, 08:06:51 AM »
Well, that sucked.  I like Matheny as a manager, but he really mismanaged last night's game, from constantly taking his starters out in the last few innings for pinch runners and defensive replacements, to leaving Wacha in to give up the walk-off when he clearly had nothing after having not pitched for three weeks.  Not good.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #651 on: October 17, 2014, 08:51:19 AM »
Well, that sucked.  I like Matheny as a manager, but he really mismanaged last night's game, from constantly taking his starters out in the last few innings for pinch runners and defensive replacements, to leaving Wacha in to give up the walk-off when he clearly had nothing after having not pitched for three weeks.  Not good.

"Why didn't you pitch Rosenthal in the 9th?" Matheny: "We can't bring him in then, it's a tie game and we're on the road".  :facepalm: Managing for the save stat instead of to win.  Why do GMs tolerate this from their managers?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #652 on: October 17, 2014, 08:53:20 AM »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #653 on: October 17, 2014, 09:07:14 AM »
Good to see our bats finally find some distance last night, gonna be a tough road in KC, they seem destined. Bochy is teh man.

Gary, Lou Seal looks good on ya bro :GiantsMetal:

Offline masterthes

« Reply #654 on: October 17, 2014, 09:30:53 AM »
That was a great game last night and what a way to end it. I'm hoping we get a great World Series from these two teams

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #655 on: October 17, 2014, 09:31:49 AM »
I hope the Royals slaughter the Giants in 4.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #656 on: October 17, 2014, 10:56:34 AM »
The Royals are looking like a team that will not deal with a loss right now. I wouldn't be surprised if they sweep the entire Postseason.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #657 on: October 17, 2014, 11:41:45 AM »
I hope the Royals slaughter the Giants in 4.

Preach!

Edit: my coworker from KC missed the first game against the a's. Bless her fucking heart, she hasn't watched a game this entire post season. Thanks Andrea!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #658 on: October 17, 2014, 11:51:57 AM »
Bochy is teh man.

I hear you on Bochy.....he may be my favorite manager. One of the largest differences in him and Matheny is that even though Bochy used to be a player.....he doesn't manage like he's still playing. Matheny hasn't learned how to do that yet....his decisions to me look like he still thinks he's a player.

Typically in a 'rivalry' the opposing team has players on it I can't even stand to look at....and other than not being able to figure out how a 300 lb man can play 3rd base and hit the ball the way Sandobol does....I don't 'hate' any player on SF. It's hard to not like a team that's managed by a good manager and has players that show up to play ball.  That being said....I will be rooting for KC because of the history of not winning and the fact that they are just balling right now.

Gary, Lou Seal looks good on ya bro :GiantsMetal:

It's actually a cool Avatar....I was thinking you'd throw something at me far more embarassing so I'll take it  :tup   

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #659 on: October 17, 2014, 02:01:06 PM »
There was a pic I found of a cardinal splattered on the road, but I thought to have some positive fun instead :D

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #660 on: October 17, 2014, 02:05:58 PM »
Hey, at least we didn't trot out Mark McGwire for some pre-game nonsense in this series, unlike the Giants, who had the roid king Barry Bonds and his shrunken head out there representing the team. :P :biggrin:

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #661 on: October 17, 2014, 02:07:35 PM »
Casual observation:  Whatever argument someone is trying to make, if it starts out with "at least we....," they probably already lost before they even started.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #663 on: October 17, 2014, 02:16:47 PM »
Casual observation:  Whatever argument someone is trying to make, if it starts out with "at least we....," they probably already lost before they even started.

At least we won the World Series last year, Oh wait.. :facepalm:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #664 on: October 17, 2014, 02:41:45 PM »
I do think it's great that the Giants and Cardinals have had way more success after their roided out freaks left town.

Now the Cubs.... that's another story.

Not rooting for either team in the World Series..... my team's out of it, and there are no rivals to root against. I'd be happy for long suffering Kansas City fans if they win it, that's for sure.