Author Topic: MLB 2014 v. GIANTS LAY PIPE ON MLB 2014 WORLD SERIES STYLE  (Read 62298 times)

Offline Dream Team

Re: MLB 2014 v. Opening Day!
« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2014, 06:18:39 AM »
So let's see; Rays 2 hit batters no ejections - Sox 0 hit batters 4 ejections. How much did that ump have on the Rays to win?  :tdwn

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2014, 07:21:46 AM »
All that and the sox still took it :metal
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2014, 09:06:02 AM »
So let's see; Rays 2 hit batters no ejections - Sox 0 hit batters 4 ejections.

Because a) the Red Sox threw at a Rays hitter after the warning had been issued*, and b) the Red Sox coaches acted like children when arguing with the umpires.

*If you throw BEHIND a hitter after a warning has been issued, you are getting tossed, without question.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2014, 09:44:12 AM »
Yeah, the Red Sox coaches were stupid. Also, no surprise to see Ortiz be the first guy all up in other people's faces and cursing all the way.

If he wasn't well-liked then he would be a thug, but since he is he's just passionate!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #214 on: May 31, 2014, 12:23:09 PM »
Yeah, the Red Sox coaches were stupid. Also, no surprise to see Ortiz be the first guy all up in other people's faces and cursing all the way.

If he wasn't well-liked then he would be a thug, but since he is he's just passionate!

upvote

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #215 on: May 31, 2014, 12:27:14 PM »
There's been a thing going on with the Sox and the Ray for a long time but this time the Sox should have not cried about the stolen base when down 5 when the night before they came back from 5 down.  you play to win.  Everybody is too touchy in Baseball these days.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #216 on: May 31, 2014, 12:29:56 PM »
Between McCann's antics late last year and all that's happened so far, this "unwritten rules" shit is retarded.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #217 on: May 31, 2014, 12:33:08 PM »

Ortiz is an asshole, plain and simple.  Has been for years, and it's hilarious how many fall for his great guy with a big smile "Big Papi" fake persona.  He acts like a child.

Everybody is too touchy in Baseball these days.

Amen to this.  I have said for years that pitchers are the most gutless athletes in sports, especially ones in the AL.  Yeah, it takes real guts to throw a fastball at a hitter in general, and it's even worse when you don't have to bat and face the music (in the AL).  Gutless.  This whole idea of "I am gonna bean a guy because he admired his HR two seconds longer than he should have" is total crap and just makes pitchers look like whiny vaginas.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #218 on: May 31, 2014, 12:39:20 PM »
What happen to the days of plunking a guy in the ass or thigh?  We all know pictures have the control to do that so what's with the head hunting the last few decades?  Don Baylor would lean into a fastball and say,"Thank you" and take first.  Now you throw a little inside and the batter stares down the picture like he owns the plate.  Crazy man, just crazy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #219 on: May 31, 2014, 12:44:34 PM »
My favorite is when a pitch is right down the middle and Derek Jeter throws his ass backwards like he is dodging a bullet. :lol :lol  It's gamesmanship; I get it.  But it borders on ridiculous more often than not.

And plunking a guy at all is lame, if you ask me.  I know it's part of the game, but I just think it's gutless.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #220 on: May 31, 2014, 01:29:23 PM »
They should call out batters who crouch over the plate and twist their elbow more into the strike zone so they purposely get hit by a pitch more often. Even though it's so blatant they usually get the base every time.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #221 on: May 31, 2014, 05:53:34 PM »
ma-kun  :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #222 on: May 31, 2014, 07:12:45 PM »
So let's see; Rays 2 hit batters no ejections - Sox 0 hit batters 4 ejections.

Because a) the Red Sox threw at a Rays hitter after the warning had been issued*, and b) the Red Sox coaches acted like children when arguing with the umpires.

*If you throw BEHIND a hitter after a warning has been issued, you are getting tossed, without question.

Why wasn't Price tossed when he hit a batter after the warning? I get you don't like the Sox, but c'mon. "Intent" cannot be discerned by a third party.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #223 on: May 31, 2014, 07:46:58 PM »
Price was not tossed and should have.  There's a story about Ortiz calling him last year to work things out and then the first at bat....WHAM!! :lol

https://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2014/05/30/david-ortiz-on-david-price-i-have-no-respect-for-him-no-more/

But even funnier is the umps reasons for not throwing Price out!

https://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2014/05/31/umpiring-crew-chief-jeff-kellogg-explains-why-david-price-was-allowed-to-stick-around/

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #225 on: May 31, 2014, 11:32:18 PM »
That's hilarious that Price called Ortiz for using the war analogy.  Perhaps Ortiz can think of a rebuttal while sitting on the bench the whole game waiting to bat. :lol :lol

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #226 on: May 31, 2014, 11:40:16 PM »
David Ortiz is an asshole. I thought everyone knew that.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2014, 04:53:05 AM »
That's hilarious that Price called Ortiz for using the war analogy.  Perhaps Ortiz can think of a rebuttal while sitting on the bench the whole game waiting to bat. :lol :lol

They were all good last night but bet on it the hate between these 2 teams will erupt again this season. :lol

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2014, 05:31:22 AM »
It's humorous how much a baseball team can get some people all twisted up in knots.  :lol   It's just a game  :lol

Anyway, I'll be at today's game at Fenway with my Mom.  We've got a pair of Mike Barnicle's season tickets.  Two rows up from the fence right in front of the Red Sox on deck circle, about 8 feet away.  My wife usually gets a few pairs of tickets each season.  Her boss is Mike Barnicle's attorney.  He's a season ticket holder but he only goes to the games when they're playing the Yankees at home.

Oddly enough, the Rays are quickly becoming the team with the biggest rivalry against the Sox.

Should be a fun time today.  I'll try to post a few pictures to show where our seats are.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #229 on: June 04, 2014, 01:42:13 PM »
Neat pic

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #230 on: June 04, 2014, 03:10:05 PM »
Kirk, we were at the same game! Seemed more like the Pawtucket Red Sox if you ask me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #231 on: June 04, 2014, 07:35:07 PM »
RIP Don Zimmer.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2014, 05:50:38 AM »
>yankees

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #233 on: June 05, 2014, 06:15:16 AM »
.....meanwhile in Toronto.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #235 on: June 05, 2014, 05:30:07 PM »
After watching the first 3 picks of the MLB draft being pitchers and the long list of TJ surgeries already this year: do you guys think teams need to change this "grow the arms, buy the bats" mentality? (Especially prevalent in AL teams)

Seriously, the Marlins picked a high-schooler who throws 100+, because they don't already have a young kid with a high velocity fastball in the DL with a TJ!!

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #236 on: June 06, 2014, 05:15:47 PM »
Well, as the famous quote goes, "there's no such thing as a pitching prospect". 99% suffer career-ending arm injuries at some point.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2014, 05:20:55 AM »
This season is crushing my soul.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #238 on: June 16, 2014, 09:54:46 AM »
Rest in peace, Tony Gwynn...the greatest pure hitter of all time! :sad:
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #239 on: June 16, 2014, 01:48:41 PM »

Eh, Ted Williams might have that. But certainly one of the best to ever live. What a sad, sad day :(

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2014, 01:56:11 PM »

Eh, Ted Williams might have that. But certainly one of the best to ever live. What a sad, sad day :(
I'll rephrase it to best of my baseball era from the 70's to the present. and in the conversation at least for any era.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2014, 01:57:29 PM »
I'll rephrase it to best of my baseball era from the 70's to the present. and in the conversation at least for any era.

Definitely!  :tup

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: MLB 2014 v. RIP Tony Gwynn (1960-2014)
« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2014, 02:31:09 PM »
Tony Gwynn had the best laugh in sports ever. In a business full of individuals that can be hard to root for, he was one of the few it would be hard to root against.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #243 on: June 16, 2014, 02:31:35 PM »
I just stumbled across this

#Padres Tony Gwynn faced Greg Maddux 107 times in his career, more than any other pitcher; Gwynn batted .415, Maddux never struck him out.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #244 on: June 16, 2014, 02:39:35 PM »
Tony Gwynn had the best laugh in sports ever. In a business full of individuals that can be hard to root for, he was one of the few it would be hard to root against.
I agree. It was pretty much impossible to not like Tony Gwynn. Humble student of the game. All around statesmen.