Author Topic: Between the Buried and Me  (Read 131773 times)

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
Re: Between the Buried and Me
« Reply #1295 on: May 02, 2023, 07:22:31 PM »
and Dustie’s response…

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1296 on: May 02, 2023, 07:25:46 PM »
I will therefore be taking some time to spend with my family to focus on maintaining my several years of sobriety

What a strange comment given the situation.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1297 on: May 02, 2023, 07:27:06 PM »
The response seems very oddly worded. Is it just me or does it seem like he’s not explicitly denying the allegations?

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #1298 on: May 02, 2023, 07:57:57 PM »
I will therefore be taking some time to spend with my family to focus on maintaining my several years of sobriety

Yeah like what? Implying that if he did go on tour he'd be at risk of doing something like this again?

I'm glad he's sitting out the tour, makes things less awkward for everyone, especially for his bandmates and the members of Thank You Scientist and Rivers Of Nihil who I'm sure weren't thrilled to hear that someone in the band they're about to tour with was accused of rape. Makes things easier for me too, since I already bought my ticket a while back.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1299 on: May 02, 2023, 08:07:35 PM »
I really have issues with these types of statements when Alcohol is involved and I'll just leave it at that.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1300 on: May 02, 2023, 08:11:48 PM »

It's not a strange comment at all. He is recovering Alcoholic, and these types of things can make one go down that dark path again. It's hard to recollect what you have done when you are in a bad bout of Alcoholism, and there are things you are unware of when in this inebriated state. Feelings and emotions can take over and you have no control over how you react to these feelings because of being under the influence of a substance.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1301 on: May 02, 2023, 08:26:15 PM »
I really have issues with these types of statements when Alcohol is involved and I'll just leave it at that.

I agree. But in the text messages, he openly admits to remembering a lot of things that she did not. But in his defense, he sounds rather shocked that she didn’t remember and does make it sound like she initiated much of the contact.

Yes, I know. “Never have sex with someone who is drunk.”  It’s just not always that easy when they’re throwing themselves at you and you know they’re not gonna remember later and you’re not completely sober yourself.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1302 on: May 02, 2023, 08:51:02 PM »

It's not a strange comment at all. He is recovering Alcoholic, and these types of things can make one go down that dark path again. It's hard to recollect what you have done when you are in a bad bout of Alcoholism, and there are things you are unware of when in this inebriated state. Feelings and emotions can take over and you have no control over how you react to these feelings because of being under the influence of a substance.

I understand why he said it, but to throw it in there is odd IMO.  Almost like he's throwing a bone out for people to feel sorry for him and cut him some slack because he's a recovering alcoholic?  He obviously remembers the events of that night so what does one thing have to do with another?

Almost seems like a Hail Mary deflection tactic.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1303 on: May 02, 2023, 09:03:05 PM »

I agree. But in the text messages, he openly admits to remembering a lot of things that she did not. But in his defense, he sounds rather shocked that she didn’t remember and does make it sound like she initiated much of the contact.

Yes, I know. “Never have sex with someone who is drunk.”  It’s just not always that easy when they’re throwing themselves at you and you know they’re not gonna remember later and you’re not completely sober yourself.

I guess I'll just speak out on it...

That's my point. You don't have control over these sexual emotions and feelings when under the influence of alcohol. I used to be completely trashed, but I also presented myself well enough that if you didn't know me, you wouldn't even know I was drunk off my ass, this was how I was able to buy so many shots of liquor within an hour timespan. I will also admit that my sexual feelings were enhanced when I was drunk, I would actively do things I wouldn't normally do sober just to get fulfillment of my desire, such as going to some video stores and using dating apps. I know how I was when I was drinking and I do not want to go down that dark path again. I admit to my mistakes and the stupid decisions I made when I was drunk. Stupid decisions that could have gotten me killed. 

My issue with regards to these situations and Alcohol is taking that accountability for being drunk, stupid, and admitting to that mistake. If I were to have gotten raped, left for dead, I would also take into account it was also my choice to drink and drink and drink to the point of not being aware of my surroundings, and having friends that contribute to it more and don't bother taking me out of these situations.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1304 on: May 02, 2023, 09:16:55 PM »
Wow so crazy.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #1305 on: May 02, 2023, 10:29:48 PM »
So who are they going to get to fill in for Dustie?

John Petrucci is looking for work right?  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #1306 on: May 15, 2023, 02:42:36 AM »
I was pretty bummed to heat these news and seriously hope that these claims are not true.

I hope this is not insensitive, but I would really like to talk some music again in this thread, as I am currently checking out Parallax I and II. I wasn't very impressed with Alaska, and Colors I didn't have the maturity of the later albums I already knew by BTBAM. Colors II is better in every way in my opinion. I have yet to check out The Great Misdirect. But since the band is touring and performing the complete Parallax II I thought I'd give both I and II another listen. I have heard both before, but just 2 or 3 times.

Good lord, what is going on here  :lol This is seriously a 100 minute long maelstrom of crazy ideas, awesome performances and some great hooks. I put on Parallax I on iTunes and my laptop put on Parallax II immediately after, I didn't even realize the transition. So I tend to treat it as one big thing. I think the production is perfect as well, might be the best sounding BTBAM album(s) I have heard. Thought I am still more of a clear vocal guy, I can listen to this album just fine. I still have to digest all the stuff happening on this double decker, but I am absolutely loving it  :metal
any rock can be made to roll

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1307 on: May 15, 2023, 04:02:43 AM »
Incredible album.  I think Part 1 is easily one of the greatest things they have done.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1308 on: May 15, 2023, 08:01:16 AM »
Incredible album.  I think Part 1 is easily one of the greatest things they have done.
Indeed! I think it's just a slight step down from The Great Misdirect.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1309 on: May 15, 2023, 02:04:45 PM »
I honestly never rated TGM all that highly.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1310 on: June 30, 2023, 05:30:42 PM »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Willthescout7

« Reply #1312 on: July 02, 2023, 12:10:12 PM »
The Mrs surprised me with tickets to their show in Kansas City tonight. My first time going to a non-Dream Theater or Neal Morse concert that doesn't have seats lol. Pretty excited.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1313 on: July 02, 2023, 02:41:08 PM »
Another update regarding the Dustie situation

https://metalinjection.net/news/dustie-warings-lawyer-issues-lengthy-statement-regarding-recent-allegations

Wow!
Gosh yeah, that was my reaction too. A very strong rebuttal, seemingly with a lot of confidence about the evidence.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1314 on: July 02, 2023, 06:13:00 PM »
If they indeed have the evidence to prove what the lawyer is saying here then it looks more positive for Dustie.

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1315 on: January 09, 2024, 10:43:59 AM »
There was a tour poster that leaked out, revealing that BTBAM is doing a tour in March called ‘The Colors Experience’. 2 nights in each city, with Colors in full night 1, and Colors II on night 2 🤘😛🤘
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 11:24:22 AM by fadetoblackdude7 »

Offline NoFred

« Reply #1316 on: January 16, 2024, 09:28:32 PM »
There was a tour poster that leaked out, revealing that BTBAM is doing a tour in March called ‘The Colors Experience’. 2 nights in each city, with Colors in full night 1, and Colors II on night 2 🤘😛🤘

Thanks for the heads up I knew to look out for this… presale started today (code I used I got on the BTBAM reddit, could be different per venue not sure.) Chicago dates are back to back nights which is nice, saw a couple that had a day off between the two shows.

https://www.betweentheburiedandme.com/tour-dates/

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1317 on: January 16, 2024, 09:51:18 PM »
I hope I can make the Sacramento show.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline icarus4321

« Reply #1318 on: January 17, 2024, 10:26:48 AM »
I might have to try to catch the Chicago show.  I think the last time I saw BTBAM was when they were here with Leprous and Devin Townsend.  Now that was a great show!
Please check out our band, Agora Forte, www.reverbnation.com/agoraforte

My last.fm Profile

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1319 on: January 17, 2024, 10:28:23 AM »
Got my tickets for both Chicago shows. So excited, I never miss these guys!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1320 on: April 08, 2024, 05:44:51 PM »
Another update on the Dustie situation…

« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 05:51:08 PM by Metro »

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #1321 on: April 08, 2024, 06:25:58 PM »
Oof.  Really don't know what to make of all of this, just as most of us shouldn't since we don't have all the facts.  But the timing does take a bit of the wind out of my sails before seeing them tonight and tomorrow..  :sad:

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1322 on: April 08, 2024, 06:40:50 PM »
Wow, this is getting pretty ugly.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #1323 on: April 09, 2024, 01:12:15 PM »
Wow, this is getting pretty ugly.

Yea, just been checking out the thread on reddit and ugly is right. It's made me realise I haven't really listened to the band much since Colors II, which I really enjoyed. Guess I could give them a bit of a spin.