Author Topic: Adrenaline Mob v. *sigh*  (Read 56766 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Adrenaline Mob v. *sigh*
« Reply #490 on: July 18, 2017, 10:20:53 AM »
She looks a little like Casey Niccoli, former girlfriend of Perry Farrell (and cover girl on the "Classic Girl" single). 

I hope she pulls through.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #491 on: July 26, 2017, 07:12:14 AM »

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #492 on: August 01, 2017, 11:52:59 AM »
Anyone heard any updates recently?
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #494 on: August 23, 2017, 08:14:57 AM »
https://timesleader.com/news/672408/attorney-seriously-injured-singer-jane-train-took-turn-for-the-worse-over-the-weekend

“She’s literally fighting for her life".

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Mike Orlando and her significant other posted about a message they got from the hospital (I presume). Both of them said it was pretty bad news and they were asking for thoughts and prayers.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #497 on: August 23, 2017, 12:22:45 PM »
Damn. That's awful.  :-[
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #498 on: August 23, 2017, 12:24:05 PM »
That's so sad!  :'(
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #499 on: August 23, 2017, 01:42:55 PM »
Very sad news. RIP

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #500 on: August 24, 2017, 08:21:02 AM »
RIP

People like to say that "so and so would have wanted the band to continue", but 3 deaths later, I think it's best to call it quits.

As a skeptical person, I tend to not be very superstitious, but I'd stay far away from anything to do with that band if I were them.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #501 on: August 24, 2017, 09:35:24 AM »
I feel awful for everyone involved in this. The word tragedy gets thrown around a lot but this band has been defined by it. I jumped ship just because the music isn't for me but I think it would be incredibly hard to move on from this. If they choose to more power to them, if they don't I'd completely understand.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #502 on: August 24, 2017, 10:32:05 AM »
R.I.P.

And yeah, this has been a absolutely horrible tragedy and I think nobody knows what they are going to do at this point, not even those in the band themselves. This must have been an extremely traumatizing event. I hope they can get some funds trough legal means so they don't have to worry about their income for the coming time, they deserve that.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #503 on: August 24, 2017, 11:50:16 AM »
R.I.P.

And yeah, this has been a absolutely horrible tragedy and I think nobody knows what they are going to do at this point, not even those in the band themselves. This must have been an extremely traumatizing event. I hope they can get some funds trough legal means so they don't have to worry about their income for the coming time, they deserve that.

Yeah. I know Russell is getting ready for TSO. Mike Orlando, not sure what he does when he isn't doing Amob but there's a couple of pictures where he looks banged up (one of them has him using a walking cane). Really hope that the other guys who were injured are doing well. Fucking tragedy.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 08:06:29 PM by MinistroRaven »

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #505 on: October 26, 2019, 08:02:59 PM »
He saw it firstŃ

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rich-ward-looks-back-on-his-time-with-adrenaline-mob-two-members-of-the-band-got-in-a-fistfight-on-the-third-show/

Yep.  Rich Ward was bang on with the reasons why that band wasn't going to go far despite having all of these awesome players.  Also, for the record, confirmed by MP, MP was not one of the guys in that fistfight.

On another note, in that article, Rich Ward also thought that he likes where MP is heading towards when it comes to SOA.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #506 on: October 26, 2019, 08:32:50 PM »
That is some awesome gossip to read into because it basically confirms what a lot of us ('us' being a general term for MP/DT fans who are aware of Mike's activities) thought about the project. Not gonna lie I liked one or two songs but Rich is spot on with his commentary
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #507 on: October 26, 2019, 09:00:15 PM »
Sounds like two of the members went (mother fuckin') psychosane.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #508 on: October 26, 2019, 10:00:18 PM »
Man, Rich nailed it with this.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #509 on: October 26, 2019, 11:45:18 PM »

HAHAHAHA

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #510 on: October 27, 2019, 02:39:34 AM »
He continued: "Russell Allen, to me, is if not the best, one of the greatest voices of our generation. Jeff Scott Soto, Jorn [Lande], Russell Allen — there's a few guys. Anything they sing makes me weepy. And, to me, Russell is at his best when he's singing late-'70s KANSAS style — just that beautiful, bluesy, got grit in his voice. He can tell a story, and I believe every word he sings. He's magic. His voice is beautiful, and yet it has quality, it has a hauntingness to it. It's powerful. He can sing [Ronnie James] Dio — he does all these things. And in ADRENALINE MOB, he's doing stuff that could have easily been on a BLACK LABEL SOCIETY record or a DISTURBED album or something — it's kind of a more grunty, barky thing. I was, like, 'Why? Dude, you realize you have one of the most amazing voices of all time, a style that is so unique. That's how you should sing.' But how do you tell Russell Allen in his band — I'm the last guy in. They already are an established group of guys — four dudes — and they're looking for a rhythm guitar player. How do you tell them and how do you say to Portnoy, who's arguably one of the most talented drummers of all time, 'Don't play like Tommy Lee. Play like you.'

That's what basically everyone has been saying all along. I especially agree on Russell.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #511 on: October 27, 2019, 02:58:47 AM »
Yeah, I completely agree with the guy. But I do think Russel Allen was genuinely having a fun time singing this stuff, ultimately.

But man, I remember that early The Mob Rules live cover and had they focused on Dio/Sabbath esque music, they would've slayed. I do like some of AMob's material though, but a band like that had much more potential.

I hope the remaining (ex)members are in a good place now, following the tragic events.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #512 on: October 27, 2019, 07:21:17 AM »
 Mike Orlando is recording an album with a good friend of mine.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #513 on: October 27, 2019, 09:49:55 AM »

He didn't say, though:  did someone "take one to the FACE!"

(That's for you, Dave!)

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #514 on: October 27, 2019, 12:11:23 PM »
He saw it firstŃ

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rich-ward-looks-back-on-his-time-with-adrenaline-mob-two-members-of-the-band-got-in-a-fistfight-on-the-third-show/

Yep.  Rich Ward was bang on with the reasons why that band wasn't going to go far despite having all of these awesome players.  Also, for the record, confirmed by MP, MP was not one of the guys in that fistfight.

On another note, in that article, Rich Ward also thought that he likes where MP is heading towards when it comes to SOA.

So it was either Mike O. and Russell, Mike O. and Paul, or Russell and Paul.

I remember a while back, I think on this forum, somebody claimed Mike and Mike didn't get along and then said that Mike O. fired Mike P.  I said that no version of events at all indicated that as true and asked why he thought that. He then admitted he heard it second hand and that Mike O's roadie is a friend of his and was talking shit at a barbecue. At that point I was like, "hmmmm, that's not so second hand afterall."  :lol

The whole thing would be a lot more funny if they didn't experience so much tragedy

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #515 on: October 27, 2019, 01:24:31 PM »
He continued: "Russell Allen, to me, is if not the best, one of the greatest voices of our generation. Jeff Scott Soto, Jorn [Lande], Russell Allen — there's a few guys. Anything they sing makes me weepy. And, to me, Russell is at his best when he's singing late-'70s KANSAS style — just that beautiful, bluesy, got grit in his voice. He can tell a story, and I believe every word he sings. He's magic. His voice is beautiful, and yet it has quality, it has a hauntingness to it. It's powerful. He can sing [Ronnie James] Dio — he does all these things. And in ADRENALINE MOB, he's doing stuff that could have easily been on a BLACK LABEL SOCIETY record or a DISTURBED album or something — it's kind of a more grunty, barky thing. I was, like, 'Why? Dude, you realize you have one of the most amazing voices of all time, a style that is so unique. That's how you should sing.' But how do you tell Russell Allen in his band — I'm the last guy in. They already are an established group of guys — four dudes — and they're looking for a rhythm guitar player. How do you tell them and how do you say to Portnoy, who's arguably one of the most talented drummers of all time, 'Don't play like Tommy Lee. Play like you.'

That's what basically everyone has been saying all along. I especially agree on Russell.

Spot on. Russ has relied on his Angry Russ vocals for far too long. That's why I loved that Level 10 record he did with Mat Sinner. Angry Russ showed up only twice, if I remember correctly. The rest of the album is pure no-grit Russ.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #516 on: October 27, 2019, 01:27:43 PM »
I hope Dave_Manchester doesn't mind, because I just have to share this beautiful comment he made about Adrenaline Mob's 'next' album if they were to ever make one

"It is a cast-iron certainty that AMob will write a song about the crash on their next album, and I think we can say with confidence what kind of thing it will be. It'll be a toe-curlingly awful power ballad about savouring each day....because ain't no man can say...when death gonna come your way...'cause we all got a debt to pay...so come what may...let me hear you say...that I'm savouring each day...yay yay yay...(cue fly-in-a-tin-can guitar solo). And knowing this band's luck I wouldn't be surprised if a bolt of lightning blows Russell Allen's balls off as they play the outro, and that'll provide inspiration for the album after that ("I stopped acting like a BITCH and grew some baaaaaaalls...but then God blew them off...I took one in the GROOOOOIN", sung in a castrato voice). "
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #517 on: October 27, 2019, 05:28:45 PM »
I hope Dave_Manchester doesn't mind, because I just have to share this beautiful comment he made about Adrenaline Mob's 'next' album if they were to ever make one

"It is a cast-iron certainty that AMob will write a song about the crash on their next album, and I think we can say with confidence what kind of thing it will be. It'll be a toe-curlingly awful power ballad about savouring each day....because ain't no man can say...when death gonna come your way...'cause we all got a debt to pay...so come what may...let me hear you say...that I'm savouring each day...yay yay yay...(cue fly-in-a-tin-can guitar solo). And knowing this band's luck I wouldn't be surprised if a bolt of lightning blows Russell Allen's balls off as they play the outro, and that'll provide inspiration for the album after that ("I stopped acting like a BITCH and grew some baaaaaaalls...but then God blew them off...I took one in the GROOOOOIN", sung in a castrato voice). "

I feel bad laughing at this.

Unfortunately Russell has said he's more comfortable with the A Mob style than Symphony X. In SX he's playing a character. To me it's the other way around.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #518 on: October 27, 2019, 05:39:07 PM »
Unfortunately Russell has said he's more comfortable with the A Mob style than Symphony X. In SX he's playing a character. To me it's the other way around.

Agree, he has this "tough guy Russ" persona for AMOB and it doesn't really work.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #519 on: October 27, 2019, 05:51:35 PM »

I believe I made the same comment in the SX thread when that came out - spat my coffee when I read that he "plays a character" in SX after what he did in AMob.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #520 on: October 27, 2019, 07:11:36 PM »

I feel its because in AMOB he can write his own melodies and Just be open with his voice.

With Symphony X, he's singing Romeos melodies. That's maybe why he feels he's playing a character.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #521 on: October 28, 2019, 01:12:25 AM »

A bit mean but still funny.  :D

But then it's not only the imaginary A-Mob song here, but a lot of those "heartfelt" songs have lyrics that come straight out of the phrase book for generic emotional lyrics for aspiring song writers.  ;)
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #522 on: November 02, 2019, 11:10:44 AM »
That is some awesome gossip to read into because it basically confirms what a lot of us ('us' being a general term for MP/DT fans who are aware of Mike's activities) thought about the project. Not gonna lie I liked one or two songs but Rich is spot on with his commentary

In other words, "we saw it first."