Author Topic: Adrenaline Mob v. *sigh*  (Read 56643 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Adrenaline Mob v. *sigh*
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2014, 08:13:19 PM »
That song Feel The Adrenaline - i can imagine that's what " Fuel " must have sounded like to proper Metal heads in 1997 who just wanted And Justice For All over and over and over.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2014, 08:15:53 PM »
That song Feel The Adrenaline - i can imagine that's what " Fuel " must have sounded like to proper Metal heads in 1997 who just wanted And Justice For All over and over and over.

I'm more stuck on:

"I HEARD YOU TOOK ONE TO THE FAAAAAAAAAAACE .....TO YOUR FAAAAAAAAACE"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2014, 08:20:09 PM »
Fuel by Metallica sounds like Master Of Puppets in comparison to Feel The Adrenaline.

And I thought " Mutha Fuckin Psycho Sane"  was laughable

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2014, 08:22:52 PM »

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2014, 08:28:02 PM »
Fuel by Metallica sounds like Master Of Puppets in comparison to Feel The Adrenaline.

And I thought " Mutha Fuckin Psycho Sane"  was laughable

Psychosane wasn't that bad.  This stuff, at least the first 3 tracks I heard were no good. Did any of them improve?

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2014, 12:00:29 AM »
No, it definitely didn't get better. The only thing of note was that several ripoffs were identified, like Sevendust and others.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2014, 07:59:17 AM »
No, it definitely didn't get better. The only thing of note was that several ripoffs were identified, like Sevendust and others.

Ripping off another shitty band.. excellent.
 :rollin

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2014, 11:23:12 AM »
Actually, we don't need a second thread.

I agree.

I know I'm on 50 ppp, but it's only 57 pages for me. We've gone more than that for others, haven't we?

This. Chat, post your pic, what are you listening to, and several other threads all go way longer than the old AM thread went. This only leaves two reasons I can think of:

1. A one-page derail

2. Unrelenting criticism of the band

If 1, you're gonna have to start making a lot of sequel threads if a short derail warrants a slash-and-burn.

If 2. you're deluding yourself if you think AM will ever have a DTF thread where at least 90% of the posts aren't negative.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2014, 06:15:49 PM »
It was sitting at 92 pages for the default forum setting, and if memory serves, anything over 100 pages-or however many posts that takes if you use different settings-runs the risk of making the forum software goofy. Pruning overly long threads is just a forum maintenance measure.

Now, clearly there shouldn't have been a new one, since no one here likes the band anymore apparently, but there's no deeper conspiracy to it.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2014, 06:29:02 PM »
I guess the reason some of us are confused is because there are threads that go much over what the other AMob thread did.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2014, 06:31:59 PM »
Maybe they were hoping we'd be kinder to AMob in a new thread.

They were wrong.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2014, 12:47:40 AM »
Why do many feel the need to openly bash AMob when in most other threads people stay away from threads about bands they don't like or listen to?
I don't really listen to AMob and therefor I usually avoid this thread but it seems like this thread only exists for one purpose.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2014, 02:15:40 AM »
So what you're saying is Nick likes the AMob bashing? I'm cool with that.

But really, lock this thread and throw it in the deepest darkest ocean before it grows.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2014, 04:27:01 AM »
Fuck Orlando annoys me.  I can accept most of his studio solos, but this is just shit;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2mbCJUFg9xM

Love the dude at 0:34 who just ups and leaves.  The dude that just stratches his head looks confused and unimpressed too.  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2014, 05:58:01 AM »
Why do many feel the need to openly bash AMob when in most other threads people stay away from threads about bands they don't like or listen to?
I don't really listen to AMob and therefor I usually avoid this thread but it seems like this thread only exists for one purpose.

I would normally - but everyone was bashing AMob in the other thread so I just joined in. ;D

I'll stop now.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2014, 06:19:37 AM »
Fuck Orlando annoys me.  I can accept most of his studio solos, but this is just shit;

Love the dude at 0:34 who just ups and leaves.  The dude that just stratches his head looks confused and unimpressed too.  :lol

That reminds me of the type of person - I used to go to jam nights once a week and as i've probably said elsewhere on the boards - I can't show off. I don't have the ability to plus I couldn't do it If I wanted to - i'd feel stupid.

But I used to play drums and i'd be constantly watching the other guys to watch for changes or ad libs etc etc and i'd just be keeping the beat - playing for the song etc.

Then you always get that one guy who gets up and starts drumming as soon as he sits down before anyone else has plugged in - doing huge drum rolls and double kicks thinking everyone loves it but really nobody is paying attention.

Then when they actually play a song - he isn't paying attention to anyone - just soloing away to himself.

Ugh indeed.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2014, 08:43:03 AM »

Love the dude at 0:34 who ,xc ups and leaves.  The dude that just stratches his head looks confused and unimpressed too.  :lol

Was that footage sped up?

Also, I get the impression that that guy is a tad full of himself.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2014, 10:56:06 AM »
I never ever understood the fascination or wow factor with being able to play " as fast as you can ".

That has never been impressive to me.

What impresses me is a guitar part that fits the song *perfectly* - has a ton of feel and emotion and isn't designed to show off your ability

first and foremost.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2014, 11:12:44 AM »
Man, watching that video makes you want to smash his wah.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2014, 11:17:06 AM »
I actually didn't hate that video.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2014, 06:11:04 PM »
The part from 0:34-0:56 actually worked really well. That video definitely has enough boring filler but I guarantee that people are giving the degree of criticism they are to it more because of the mob mentality dislike of them. I don't care for their music either but try to not be so biased.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2014, 06:15:12 PM »
I will say, Orlando clearly really enjoys playing guitar, which makes his playing more interesting to me than most mindless shred.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2014, 07:03:41 PM »
it wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't clearly trying to play as fast as he could for the entire time.

Ok it was an edited video - but he didn't slow down and play some tasty blues scale lick - it was all go go go !

• DT.net Member
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2014, 07:39:01 PM »
That's like criticizing a solo for not having any fast parts.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2014, 07:48:52 PM »
:dunno:

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2014, 07:54:32 PM »
It looked like he was having fun, but at the same time had that "look at how awesome I am" thing going on.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2014, 07:58:41 PM »
:dunno:

What I meant was your main gripe was the speed, not the quality of the solo itself. The timestamped part I mentioned very nicely agreed with the chord progression beneath it and was mostly in a complementary rhythmic structure.

It looked like he was having fun, but at the same time had that "look at how awesome I am" thing going on.

At least he had a charismatic presence without being a douche. If it was Yngwie, we'd have more of a smoking gun regarding the intent of the exuberance.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2014, 11:20:57 PM »
Orlando can't dial back. Hasn't been able to in this video, hasn't been able to on either Omerta nor on the new album.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2014, 12:22:45 PM »
What I don't get about Orlando's playing these days is I've heard his solo stuff, and while it certainly isn't slow and calm and melodic, he works the shred in far more tastefully. But with Amob he's just GO GO GO SHRED PHASE SHIFT terrible. It's perplexing.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2014, 12:51:47 PM »
I saw them with Mike because of Mike. This music is boring, and extremely formulaic. Its less interesting than almost any music in the genre. Now that Mike moved on, this band is over for me. No interest at all. I think Russell is a good singer but not so much on this project. Mike Orlando could not be more cliche as a guitar player.

But if you like them to each his own.

Just wanted to make a post that wasn't purely spam.

Carry on....
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2014, 02:10:53 PM »
You know what would be cool? People exploring new music and talking about to breathe some life back into this subforum, instead of spending so much energy on an awful band. But I guess it's hard to peel your eyes away from a trainwreck  :mehlin

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2014, 02:14:15 PM »
Well, discussing AMob does not necessarily preclude one from also discovering new music.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2014, 02:26:17 PM »
In fact it is actively encouraged :lol

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2014, 10:24:04 AM »
Didn't this get released the other day?

• DT.net Member
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2014, 01:32:02 PM »
If the others are anything like me, they've been too busy listening to it nonstop to have time to post about it in here.