Author Topic: Adrenaline Mob v. *sigh*  (Read 56730 times)

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
Re: Adrenaline Mob v. *sigh*
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2014, 12:22:53 PM »
I thought it too.

I'm going to hell.  :lol
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2014, 12:27:41 PM »
I think that whenever anyone gets in an accident. 

I'm glad no one was injured.  Must be snowing
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2014, 01:28:01 PM »
The drummer quits.

Nobody goes to the shows.

The album is dreadful.

All their gear gets destroyed.

BUT STILL THEY COOOOOMEEE !!!

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2014, 01:55:10 PM »
The drummer quits.

Nobody goes to the shows.

The album is dreadful.

All their gear gets destroyed.

BUT STILL THEY COOOOOMEEE !!!

Feelsbadman.jpg

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2014, 02:02:47 PM »
:dunno:

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2014, 02:12:26 PM »
I... WANNA STAY ALIIIVEEE

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2014, 03:44:28 PM »
Damn, I was actually hoping to be the one that bumped this thread with this news.  Sad to hear about this news though.  Getting them on tour with A7X was probably their best chance in getting over with any type of audience.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2014, 04:37:38 PM »
I hope everyone is ok

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2014, 06:12:26 PM »
Getting them on tour with A7X was probably their best chance in getting over with any type of audience.
that is so mean and so true simultaneously

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2014, 06:26:54 PM »
Probably not the most appropriate time to make fun of the band, as the accident sounds like it could have easily been a major disaster.

Glad no one was seriously hurt.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2014, 08:00:56 PM »
Damn that sucks for them. They were going to tour for another month or so according to this image.

The attendance to their headlining shows must be pretty bad though at this point. Also from FB:

Saw you last night in Burlington, VT. I was one of the few that made the trip. Such a great show, glad to see you in such an intimate setting!!
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2014, 02:46:03 PM »
MetalTitans: How hard was it for you to leave Adrenaline Mob? You were there from the beginning and helped launch that band.

Mike Portnoy: It was really hard for me to walk away from Adrenaline Mob because I invested a lot of time in that band. I spent two years  really giving it my all. I invested a lot of money into the band; I spend money helping to get the band out on the road. I ‘ve said this before; since leaving Dream Theater I’m not going to commit to just one band. I said it before my intention was to plant many musical seeds and I wanted to see which ones grew. I gave two solid years to Adrenaline Mob and gave it my all but it was growing at a very slow pace. They were clear that they were willing to get in the van and play small clubs for the next 10 years if needed.

They wanted to know if I was willing to do that with them exclusively. I said to them “Look guys I love this band and I love this music but I’m a 47 year old man with a family that I need to provide for.” I had a Transatlantic record to work on and then there was The Winery Dogs record in progress; unfortunately I just couldn’t fully commit to what Adrenaline Mob needed from me. They needed someone that was willing to get into the van and bang it out for a year straight. Sadly they had to do it without me because The Winery Dogs album took off and there was a lot of touring and demand for this band. I had to go where the gigs are and with the bands that are working are. I had to let one shoe drop and unfortunately it had to be ‘The Mob.’ I wish them all the best  and I know that they’re out there doing very well. They are putting their heart in soul into what they’re doing and they’re out in the van banging it out. God bless them.

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2014, 03:57:59 PM »
So basically Mike leaving AMob is because they weren't going to make enough money for him.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:12:25 PM by JRundquist »
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2014, 05:02:57 PM »
weren't ? **

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2014, 05:12:50 PM »
weren't ? **
Or were not, depending on your English preference.
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2014, 07:01:34 PM »
weren't ? **

Were not.  It's a perfectly legit word.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2014, 07:04:01 PM »
Do you guys in the UK not have "weren't"? I thought that was kind of a universal thing.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2014, 07:13:21 PM »
Common word in the English language I thought.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2014, 07:32:46 PM »
Common word in the English language I thought.
What about Psychosane? Is that a word too? :D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2014, 07:34:36 PM »
weren't ? **

Were not.  It's a perfectly legit word.

Ho Ho Ho. I was correcting his post because he forgot to include it at all. Hence the Edit.

Good day.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2014, 09:41:58 PM »
So basically Mike leaving AMob is because they weren't going to make enough money for him.

That's pretty much what most of us assumed all along.  At least he came out now and actually said it.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2014, 10:31:20 PM »
I won't fault him either. Russell always has SX to fall back on anyway despite their earning potential being far below DT's. The Disturbed bassist may have it rough though if AM disbands since the band's been on hiatus for a long time now. Tony Orlando can sustain himself off of shredded cheese alone.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline The Dark Master

• Veteran of the Psychic Wars
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2014, 11:38:26 PM »

That's pretty much what most of us assumed all along.  At least he came out now and actually said it.

To be fair to Mike, he said as much in his interview for the Classic Metal Show last year :https://www.spreaker.com/user/cmsrocks/interview_with_mike_portnoy.

Honestly, I'm not that surprised.  To say A. Mob got a mixed reception from the metal community would be a gross understatement.  To have a band with two progressive metal giants turn out to be so.... mundane, was surely a disappointment to a great many metal-heads.  It was no surprise for me to hear that A.Mob did not turn much of a profit. 

As for Russ, considering that Symphony X only does two albums per decade, I don't know how much of a revenue stream that provides for him.  I've long postulated that SX's lack of activity is why he does so many projects on the side, from Atomic Soul to Allen/Lande to Ayreon to Star One to WhateverArjenAnthonyLucassesndecidestocallhislatestproject.  I would not be surprised at all if Russ becomes one of the more regular singers for TSO, now that he got his foot in that door last year.  That was probably a big payday for him, and it exposed him to literally millions of people who have probably never heard of him before.  I know if I were him, I would be wanting to make TSO as much of a full-time gig as possible, and not just because I'm a huge Savatage fan....

Offline Cruithne

« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2014, 03:03:17 AM »
I would not be surprised at all if Russ becomes one of the more regular singers for TSO, now that he got his foot in that door last year.  That was probably a big payday for him, and it exposed him to literally millions of people who have probably never heard of him before.  I know if I were him, I would be wanting to make TSO as much of a full-time gig as possible, and not just because I'm a huge Savatage fan....

I hope so, but if it came down to a straight choice between him and Nathan James I'd go with Nathan James for TSO performances.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2014, 05:33:39 AM »
Tony Orlando can sustain himself off of shredded cheese alone.

This made me fucking lol.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2014, 10:51:10 AM »
Tony Orlando can sustain himself off of shredded cheese alone.

This made me fucking lol.

............. Me too. I feel dirty.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2014, 07:42:12 PM »
Yeah, I always took "spreading a lot of musical seeds" to mean "I'll try a lot of things and see what sticks". Amob wasn't going anywhere, that was obvious from the moment they released their EP.
With their recent unfortunate event and their " support band of support band " status I wouldn't be too surprised if Amob folds some time soon too.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2014, 07:58:06 PM »
Make him sounds like a whore if you ask me.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2014, 09:46:41 PM »
Wtf, why? I think you need to be realistic about professional musicians. They can't just live off musical notes, you know.
And it's not that he's whoring himself out to some godawful act just to bring in the money. I fully believe that he is/was musically behind the bands he's been in.
All MP is doing is not betting on a horse that can barely walk at this point.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2014, 05:35:34 AM »
Wtf, why? I think you need to be realistic about professional musicians. They can't just live off musical notes, you know.
And it's not that he's whoring himself out to some godawful act just to bring in the money. I fully believe that he is/was musically behind the bands he's been in.
All MP is doing is not betting on a horse that can barely walk at this point.

I get what he is doing, and I know professional musicians need to earn a living where they can.  But he jumped into so many projects at once, he really didn't give anything a chance and IMO, it affected the quality of what he was involving himself with. 

The term 'spreading a lot of musical seeds' was the main reason for my comment, not so much what he is doing.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2014, 08:10:36 AM »
Well, you have to remember that he is not really a songwriter (he is more of an organizer when it comes to taking what others have written and helping piece it together nicely), so he has to sort of luck into finding musicians to work with who are a) good songwriters, and b) not already in established bands.  Not an easy task, especially for a guy his age.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2014, 08:20:39 AM »
Right. And C) willing to let MP rearrange what they've written.

To me this is what sucks about MP leaving DT. As great as DT continues to be, I loved MP, but now he's disappeared from my music fandom.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2014, 08:10:37 PM »
To me this is what sucks about MP leaving DT. As great as DT continues to be, I loved MP, but now he's disappeared from my music fandom.

Yeah, agree.  I only enjoyed Flying Colors, but not specifically because of Portnoy.  Everything else he's done hasn't really interested me.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2014, 08:56:53 PM »

Yeah, agree.  I only enjoyed Flying Colors, but not specifically because of Portnoy.  Everything else he's done hasn't really interested me.

I have had ZERO interest in everything he has done since DT.  I guess the Yellow Matter Custard thing is kind of interesting only because I have a fleeting interest in The Beatles and I have a weird interest in tribute bands to see how they interpret stuff differently while trying to sound the same. 

It is interesting to see his wardrobe choices for the different projects.  A7X - trucker hat, aviators, sleeveless T.  Transatlantic - tinted john lennon glasses, artsy jacket, Flying color - casually sensual, Winery Dogs - neo hippy, bandana-riffic, Adrenaline Mob - a  scent of vomit and air fresheners

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2014, 10:18:10 PM »
t is interesting to see his wardrobe choices for the different projects.....Adrenaline Mob - a  scent of vomit and air fresheners

:slowclap:
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon