Author Topic: 2014-04-08 - Burnsville Performing Arts Center - Burnsville, MN  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Volante99

2014-04-08 - Burnsville Performing Arts Center - Burnsville, MN
« on: February 11, 2014, 05:52:28 PM »
Any fellow Minnesotans around here? Who is going to be in Burnsville April 8th?

Anybody have the inside scoop on why they chose this venue and not the usual State Theatre in downtown Minneapolis? Has anyone even been to this venue? It looks nice, but I don't think they've ever hosted an act as big as DT or any rock/metal band for that matter, which makes me a bit nervous about the sound/acoustics. The seating is also super raised, which might be cool, but also seems weird for a rock concert (to me anyways). I'm not used to being higher than the performers in an indoor venue. That said, it looks like everyone is going to get a good view of the action.

Tickets seem to be going fast. I checked out ticketmaster and the best available for 2 seats was the last row balcony in the far left corner hehe.

Offline Volante99

Re: 2014-04-08 - Burnsville Performing Arts Center - Burnsville, MN
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 06:27:28 PM »
I noticed on the venue homepage the main ad link someone spelled the band name as "Dream Theatre". How did THAT happen?  :facepalm:

Apparently, whoever designed that link used a little "artistic license"   :facepalm:

I emailed the venue and told them they should correct it soon to avoid a potentially embarrassing situation.  :tdwn

Offline ty2k

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 10:01:06 PM »
I will be there!! I live in canada and Minneapolis is the closest place for me to see DT. I had just got used to driving to the Theatre area in minneapolis and they go and move to Burnsville! :P Oh well, thankfully I have gps.

The venue does look really cool. And I am glad to read that it's selling well!

Bring on April!

Offline Volante99

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 01:52:29 PM »
Tickets for 2 seem to be sold out on now Ticketmaster. That's pretty good being that it's nearly 2 months before the show.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 08:31:42 PM »
I should be there, although I typically help promote these shows. The Burnsville Center for the Arts has hosted the Art and all That Jazz festival, but none of the names I've seen there are the draw DT is. And that is outdoors, which this isn't. But it's the same place I believe.

Offline Volante99

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 02:27:49 PM »
Show is now sold out according to the venue.

Is this the first DT show to sell out for this NA tour?

Offline badger

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 04:47:30 PM »
Plenty of room at KC ::) 
When did we all let you down?

Offline Volante99

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 07:35:36 PM »
Got my 3rd row front and center. Paid dearly for them, but worth it!

Offline cosmicwxdude

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 10:39:42 AM »
This one is sold out and I did not get a ticket.  :facepalm:  I am planning on going down there before the concert and hopefully finding a scalper.  I've seen them about 6 times I believe. Should be a great show!

Offline Volante99

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 06:59:03 PM »
There are tickets available on stubhub (as of a week ago) and some of the other secondary sites. Plan on spending at least $100 (and that's not going to get you a great seat) a ticket though.

I wouldn't count on a scalper for a DT concert in the burbs...

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 12:22:22 AM »
Just a shot in the dark, but if anyone is not going but has a ticket, or knows someone with a sparer ticket, or not going and has a ticket. Shoot me a PM.

I am interviewing Mike Mangini tomorrow afternoon and do not have a ticket to the show as I was in the hospital when they went on sale and were sold out by the time I had a chance to buy any.

I will happily buy a ticket from anyone not going or not able to go tomorrow.
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline cosmicwxdude

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 11:11:42 AM »
I have no ticket either :-(   but I am coming down anyways to see if I can still get one someway, somehow.  Ya never know! 

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 04:19:39 PM »
Mike Mangini just helped me get two guest list tickets for the show tonight because one canceled out of it.

FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 04:24:13 PM »
Awesome news! Hopefully you'll share that interview here with us!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 11:08:44 PM »
Really good show tonight! Loud, energetic, one of the best shows I've seen. Crowd was really into it. Great intimate venue too, James made a comment on that.

Security was really strict though...
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 11:47:08 PM »
I will absolutely be sharing the interview here when i get it ready, hopefully by tomorrow night.

The show was fantastic, I got hooked up with 3rd Row CENTER tickets. Arguably the best seats in the whole damn venue. The show was incredible from start to finish. The band, the visuals, the setlist. EVERYTHING. I am on Cloud FUCKING 9 right now.

Offline Volante99

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 01:06:56 AM »
Really good show tonight! Loud, energetic, one of the best shows I've seen. Crowd was really into it. Great intimate venue too, James made a comment on that.

Security was really strict though...

Really? 1/4 of the people on the floor sat through the first 2 sets. Even JLB made a comment. It was embarrassing.

I truly believe the first two rows thought this was a Barry Manilow concert and got the wrong tickets. A girl in the front row CENTER was legit looking at her phone texting through 75% of the concert. The rest had ear plugs and looked bored. Since I was in the 4th row, it was a bit of a buzzkill for me.

On the flip side, the band sounded amazing. The sound far exceeded my expectations. James and Jordan totally stole the show!!

Offline fivestring

• I like cheese
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 09:57:20 AM »
This show was great!

A.) The Burnsville Performing Arts Center (Ames Center) is a great venue. The sound was really good, I really like how steep the seating was so no view was obstructed. I had row H seats, dead center, and I thought THOSE were amazing seats. The stage was the perfect size. I have to see more shows there.

2.) LoL at the front rows of people sitting. I loved James ripping on them. "So, did some of you get tickets that prohibit standing? 'Sitting Only'" The stage lighting seemed like it illuminated a fair amount of the audience, so I think that added to James' ability to address the crowd.

d.) I haven't read word one about any of the tour thus far. When set 2 started with The Mirror and Lie, I lost it! It totally kicked my ass! As if those 2 sets weren't enough, then the "encore" was playing all the most demanding pieces of music from SFAM! Dang!

Everyone was amazing. Like others have said elsewhere, MM's facial expressions were great and funny. All while, you know, being awesome. 

:metal :metal :tup
Quote from: Ben_Jamin
it's a great way to showcase the drum sound by introducing the album with that awesome drumming and sound.

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 01:40:29 PM »
I'm going to make my own thread for this but here's my interview with Mr. Mike Mangini:

https://youtu.be/wRJk1JffnmY

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 02:00:08 PM »
I'm going to make my own thread for this but here's my interview with Mr. Mike Mangini:

https://youtu.be/wRJk1JffnmY

Listening now! :tup
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 02:01:53 PM »
This show was great!

A.) The Burnsville Performing Arts Center (Ames Center) is a great venue. The sound was really good, I really like how steep the seating was so no view was obstructed. I had row H seats, dead center, and I thought THOSE were amazing seats. The stage was the perfect size. I have to see more shows there.

2.) LoL at the front rows of people sitting. I loved James ripping on them. "So, did some of you get tickets that prohibit standing? 'Sitting Only'" The stage lighting seemed like it illuminated a fair amount of the audience, so I think that added to James' ability to address the crowd.

d.) I haven't read word one about any of the tour thus far. When set 2 started with The Mirror and Lie, I lost it! It totally kicked my ass! As if those 2 sets weren't enough, then the "encore" was playing all the most demanding pieces of music from SFAM! Dang!

Everyone was amazing. Like others have said elsewhere, MM's facial expressions were great and funny. All while, you know, being awesome. 

:metal :metal :tup
Row H forever man! I was the first seat on the end on Petrucci's side.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:10:00 PM by SystematicThought »
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2014, 07:54:14 PM »
Can I also just say how much Space Dye Vest slays live
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Volante99

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2014, 09:03:32 PM »
Can I also just say how much Space Dye Vest slays live

Agreed. Space Dye Vest was one of the highlights!

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 01:57:22 PM »
Two things I didn't realize:
1) Mike Mangini's drum tech this tour is Lorne Wheaton--Neil Peart's drum tech. I swear I saw Eric Disrude walk in front of me during the intermission.
2) Really cool that Lasse Hoille did the videos for Overture 1928 and Strange Deja Vu
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen