Poll

How much would you be willing to pay to see MM vs. MP in an hour long drum battle?

$20 - $40
$41 - $60
$61 - $80
$81 - $100
$100 +
$0 - $19

Author Topic: The most amount of money you would pay to see a Mangini vs. Portnoy drum battle?  (Read 4793 times)

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
Pretty sure he was talking about prog metal.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
While I am WAYYYYYYYYYY more "pro Portnoy" than Mangini, in a "drum battle" MM would destroy MP because he is way more technically proficient than MP. But as I have stated before, while I really like MM, I would take MP in a band setting any day of the week. The man just plays with such feel and passion and less "robotic".

Offline jakepriest

The only thing I dislike about MM is how his cymbals and octobans sound like absolute trash. Give that man a proper set like the one on the auditions and he sounds amazing.

Offline TheSilentHam

• Bringin' da bacon
I wouldn't want something like this to happen because I don't like turning art into a pissing match.  However, if this did happen, I honestly would have a hard time staying away and missing an opportunity just to see two of my favorite drummers perform.

Offline haceeb

• When you surrender to the light, You can face the darkest days
  • I am bent, not broken
i can pay $1000 + for MM  :tup

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
but progressive drummers are really boring, and predictable. Give me Thomas Pridgen

... isn't Pridgen a progressive drummer?

He played in a progressive band, but he has a gospel background, and he's currently in a more funk oriented rock band.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
As much as I love drum solos-and I'm a guy who listens to multiple versions of John Bonham solos from successive nights of a tour, some of them as long as 30 minutes-yeah, I wouldn't pay to see this.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline farsight

I'd like to see it, but then it would be terribly one sided. Portnoy rarely won drum battles.

I would really like to pay $5 for the spit guards JP removed when Mike left though. It'd be gross, but hey, it's history.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
$1

I already know what each guy is capable of and brings to the table.

Except for the $1 part.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
Added a $0 - $19 option.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline son_ov_hades

You need a $0-$0 option. :P I can't vote for 0-19 because that implies I'd be willing to spend anything.  :biggrin:
"Ok, these guys are only catering to the hardcore fanbase that already bought the $8000 meet and greet package complete with signed LaBrie eye patch"