Author Topic: New Jake E Lee song- Red Dragon Cartel  (Read 5676 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: New Jake E Lee song- Red Dragon Cartel
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2014, 02:52:04 PM »
I love this track. Jake is on fire. Throws in a quick Thank God For The Bomb pulloff/harmonic thing in the solo too.
Singer seems a bit of a tosser but I don't mind the vocal here. Certainly seems Jake is aiming at his Ozzy fanbase (and maybe auditioning for a return?).

He is an arrogant cocky prick on stage.  Nice guy in person.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2014, 02:53:37 PM »
Nice shirt!  :tup
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2014, 07:28:11 PM »
Get a new singer, Jake. Guy just doesn't work. Good song otherwise.

I tend to agree - the vocals in the verses sound right off to me ...... and I really like the few HS tracks Darren sings on so I have nothing against him in general.  Just don't like the sound of this.

I'll still get the album as Jake is one of my all time favourite artists.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2014, 08:33:35 PM »
I love this track. Jake is on fire. Throws in a quick Thank God For The Bomb pulloff/harmonic thing in the solo too.
Singer seems a bit of a tosser but I don't mind the vocal here. Certainly seems Jake is aiming at his Ozzy fanbase (and maybe auditioning for a return?).

Now that would be something! Never gonna happen though.  :-\
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2014, 02:08:14 AM »
Not til Ozzy give Jake some writing credit for Bark At The Moon.

And I agree with the problems everyone is having with this singer. Unfortunately this guy doesn't seem like a good fit. Although I do like his voice during the chorus to Deceived. Kinda has a Chris Cornel vibe to it during that section. That's about it for me though.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2014, 08:24:38 AM »
My opinion upon hearing the album isn't too different from what I thought from the released songs and samples. A few good songs, and several meh ones, and the vocals could be better. I'm more accustomed to the vocals now though, so they don't bother me, except in Wasted, where the vibrato is really wide and flickery like it's due to either pitch correction or something.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2014, 08:26:03 AM »
My opinion upon hearing the album isn't too different from what I thought from the released songs and samples. A few good songs, and several meh ones, and the vocals could be better. I'm more accustomed to the vocals now though, so they don't bother me, except in Wasted, where the vibrato is really wide and flickery like it's due to either pitch correction or something.

The vocals killed the album for me. One listen through I may not listen again for some time.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2014, 08:27:39 AM »

The vocals killed the album for me. One listen through I may not listen again for some time.

I don't find them near that bad, but I can't blame you either. I'd give it another chance to see if you can get used to them a bit. Or at least listen to the tracks that feature different vocalists.