Author Topic: VOYAGER: Australian Melodic/Prog/Gothic/Metal Band Thread  (Read 22663 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: VOYAGER: Australian Melodic/Prog/Gothic/Metal Band Thread
« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2023, 02:57:23 PM »
Just coming in here to say the song Twisted is maybe my favorite from the band.  Fearless in Love is easily my favorite album by them.

Hit me where it hurts now :metal

Absolutely YES to Twisted being a fantastic song. I think it might be my favorite from their latest record.

Twisted is great. Daydream is another banger as well. Really, the whole album is killer! My favorite from this year for sure!

Yeah, Daydream following Twisted is amazing

Offline WardySI

« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2023, 06:43:41 PM »
Just coming in here to say the song Twisted is maybe my favorite from the band.  Fearless in Love is easily my favorite album by them.

Hit me where it hurts now :metal

Not my favourite album that would still be The Meaning Of I but yes Twisted is easily the best song on the album fer me  :metal

Offline Lethean

« Reply #247 on: December 15, 2023, 09:05:27 PM »
+1 to Twisted being awesome, as well as the whole album.  Just listened to it again today.   :metal

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #248 on: December 17, 2023, 04:46:58 AM »
Also my favourite album of the year, and Twisted followed by Daydream is the peak!  :)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline WardySI

« Reply #249 on: December 17, 2023, 06:01:07 PM »
Also my favourite album of the year, and Twisted followed by Daydream is the peak!  :)

While I have a soft spot for Dreamer I gotta say the album explodes with The Lamenting for me. 

From The Lamenting through to the album's last song it's just song after song of ear candy addiction and two of these songs were older singles which I would normally have tired of by the time the album drops but not on this occasion! :metal

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2023, 10:03:38 AM »
Has anyone heard anything about Danny's health? The UK dates that were postponed have now been rescheduled for Autumn 2024. So that sounds like good news?

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: December 18, 2023, 01:21:09 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about Danny's health? The UK dates that were postponed have now been rescheduled for Autumn 2024. So that sounds like good news?

I was curious about that as well.  I thought he might lose his trademark hair as a result of chemotherapy treatment, but it looks like he still has his locks.  Hope he's doing well now.  Great guy.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2023, 12:25:47 AM »

I was curious about that as well.  I thought he might lose his trademark hair as a result of chemotherapy treatment, but it looks like he still has his locks.  Hope he's doing well now.  Great guy.

Me too. What they do has really connected with me (in a way that things typically don't at my somewhat advancing years) and the EuroV buzz was so right for them as a band so fingers crossed.

Offline nick_z

« Reply #253 on: December 19, 2023, 09:45:20 AM »

While I have a soft spot for Dreamer I gotta say the album explodes with The Lamenting for me. 

From The Lamenting through to the album's last song it's just song after song of ear candy addiction and two of these songs were older singles which I would normally have tired of by the time the album drops but not on this occasion! :metal

I think I can agree with this. The quality is consistent throughout, but it's almost like the album kicks into even higher gear in its back half. All the way through the closer, Gren (Fearless in Love), which at times feels like a modern-day Mystic Rhythms. Fantastic stuff.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #254 on: December 19, 2023, 11:43:58 PM »
I hear you on FiL, and I love it when an album flows that way. (Hate it when a record is front-loaded and whimpers out as it goes on...)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 09:54:36 AM by DoctorAction »