Author Topic: Live Recordings: DT Tour 2014  (Read 19887 times)

Offline phantom

• Turn the key, walk through the gate...
  • Another Bootlegs Maniac
Live Recordings: DT Tour 2014
« on: January 20, 2014, 10:11:58 AM »
Hi guys, it's been a while.
A new tour has just started as you all know.
That means possible new recordings.  ;D
Well I'm making this early amateurish post just to know how's the progress so far.
So if you've taped anything and want to talk about it, feel free to do it here.
If you plan to share your recordings somewhere, I guess you can post a link here as well.

Enjoy the show if you have a chance, otherwise wait in line (like me  :facepalm:) for DT to come to your town...

The Dreams & The Bricks

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: Live Recordings: DT Tour 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 10:52:57 AM »
Well so far there is an almost full Blu-ray quality show of opening night.  The only song missing is On The Backs of Angels.

Offline phantom

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 11:32:34 AM »
Alright, that's a great start.  :tup

The Dreams & The Bricks

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 11:04:34 PM »
Well so far there is an almost full Blu-ray quality show of opening night.  The only song missing is On The Backs of Angels.
Is this readily available anywhere yet?   :o

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 01:46:59 AM »

Oh, yes, it's on the hub!
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Progmetalfan

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 10:30:36 AM »
Any way possible to get it d/l'd without joining Hub ::)? Any other sources?

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 10:37:06 AM »
Any way possible to get it d/l'd without joining Hub ::)? Any other sources?

Try looking for previous posts by FrostbiteZ
- Marco

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 11:19:38 PM »

Marco, it's been years since I've been to the Hub.  How do I go about getting involved there again?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 12:35:48 AM »

Marco, it's been years since I've been to the Hub.  How do I go about getting involved there again?

Go to www.dreamtheaterhub.com and sign up to the message board.  Then follow the instructions in the following thread:

https://dreamtheaterhub.com/index.php?topic=83.0

Offline twanky

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 02:46:03 PM »
Can't seem to see any new shows on the Hub  :-[
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

Offline John94

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 07:38:21 AM »
Just signed myself up to the Hub. Can't access dimeadozen account, will be keeping an eye out for some of the UK dates.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 07:55:56 AM »
FYI, a few shows are being torrented on dimeadozen, including last night's show, Ludwigsburg (Jan 30), Paris (Jan 31) and Offenbach (Feb 1).
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 08:11:02 AM »
I was fearing a bootleg-lite european tour seeing the total absence of complete audio recordings for the first two weeks of the leg. Looks like the boots are coming all at once!

OT: your recent outburst of activity has brought you beyond the 1000 post threshold, Scotty.   :lol

ETA: I believe this is also the first Ludwigsburg bootleg since the not so famous 4/4/93 one?
- Marco

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 10:58:01 AM »
ETA: I believe this is also the first Ludwigsburg bootleg since the not so famous 4/4/93 one?

Was this the A Change of Seasons soundcheck?

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 11:49:59 AM »

Was this the A Change of Seasons soundcheck?

I really believe so. I think it was called "Kevin Moore Please Come To The Stage".
- Marco

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 11:51:48 AM »
OT: your recent outburst of activity has brought you beyond the 1000 post threshold, Scotty.   :lol
Would've never even noticed if you hadn't said anything!   :P

No clue - I never was that fervent of a bootleg collector, so I'm the wrong person to ask. However, they did do a few shows in Ludwigsburg after that 1993 show - 2 shows in 1995 and 1 in 1999. So if there's no boots circulating of those shows, then I guess this is the first one from that city since then.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 12:01:54 PM »

No clue - I never was that fervent of a bootleg collector, so I'm the wrong person to ask. However, they did do a few shows in Ludwigsburg after that 1993 show - 2 shows in 1995 and 1 in 1999. So if there's no boots circulating of those shows, then I guess this is the first one from that city since then.

Well, I'm a fervid collector, and for some reason I know the existing bootlegs from 92, 93 and 2004 (and probably 2011/12) by heart. The others, I don't really remember  :lol
I know, I'm a freak  :yeahright
- Marco

Offline phantom

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2014, 06:14:32 AM »

Well, I'm a fervid collector, and for some reason I know the existing bootlegs from 92, 93 and 2004 (and probably 2011/12) by heart. The others, I don't really remember  :lol
I know, I'm a freak  :yeahright

I'm a bootleg freak too man!  :tup
Anyway yes it's probably the first time they play there since KM's "little" show hahaha.

The Dreams & The Bricks

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 11:46:52 AM »
As far as I know two indipendent tapers will make bootlegs out of the Dusseldorf gig tonight. Stoked! :caffeine:
- Marco

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 12:38:31 PM »
Surprised that you didn't mention that Thierry uploaded his recording of the Amsterdam show (last night) on dimezdozen today.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 10:15:25 AM »
Just saw that Katowice (Feb 5) is up on dimeadozen, as is a second source for Manchester and Theirry's Dusseldorf recording. Also there's full videos of the gigs in Paris and Zurich on YouTube.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 10:20:48 AM »
Agh, I'll get Katowice ASAP!! :D
- Marco

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 11:48:54 PM »
I also noticed the Katowice and Dusseldorf boots on DIME, but unfortunately when I joined, I was not paying attention to my dl/ul ratio and I didn't seed anything. Now I have to keep seeding shows I got from the Hub that also exist on DIME until my ratio goes up. I'm still only at 0.06 :rollin Not making that same mistake with the Hub, I'm keeping DC++ open at all times. If someone manages to get those shows on the Hub I will be so so happy. :coolio

Offline Dreamer81

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2014, 04:27:53 AM »
there are bootlegs about the italian dates?? I can't fine anything...

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2014, 10:50:27 AM »
I also noticed the Katowice and Dusseldorf boots on DIME, but unfortunately when I joined, I was not paying attention to my dl/ul ratio and I didn't seed anything. Now I have to keep seeding shows I got from the Hub that also exist on DIME until my ratio goes up. I'm still only at 0.06 :rollin Not making that same mistake with the Hub, I'm keeping DC++ open at all times. If someone manages to get those shows on the Hub I will be so so happy. :coolio
That's a bummer - definitely need to keep track of that. It's a shame considering that dime essentially had free downloading for an entire month in celebration of it's 10 year anniversary. Once I realized that's why my download amount wasn't increasing, I downloaded a crapload of stuff I didn't want, just to up my ratio (as I downloaded stuff, I uploaded too). Currently I'm over 3.1! Not sure if you can salvage what you did if you don't have anything to upload yourself, but you may wanna watch for someone to start a torrent of a popular artist (Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Smashing Pumpkins, etc.) and jump on it right away so that you can be uploading at the same time as you're downloading. It's how I got started and increased my ratio until I discovered the free month of downloads I mentioned.   ;)

there are bootlegs about the italian dates?? I can't fine anything...
Nothing on dime yet for any shows from Italy, altho I do know there's complete recordings of both Milan and Rome that can be found on YouTube.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2014, 11:31:45 AM »
My dimeadozen ratio is currently floating between 16 and 17  :biggrin:
- Marco

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 12:26:04 PM »
I'm at .75 but I'm well over 1T on both. Seems since I went wireless, my uplaod speed has gone to shit.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2014, 03:05:17 PM »
That's a bummer - definitely need to keep track of that. It's a shame considering that dime essentially had free downloading for an entire month in celebration of it's 10 year anniversary. Once I realized that's why my download amount wasn't increasing, I downloaded a crapload of stuff I didn't want, just to up my ratio (as I downloaded stuff, I uploaded too). Currently I'm over 3.1! Not sure if you can salvage what you did if you don't have anything to upload yourself, but you may wanna watch for someone to start a torrent of a popular artist (Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Smashing Pumpkins, etc.) and jump on it right away so that you can be uploading at the same time as you're downloading. It's how I got started and increased my ratio until I discovered the free month of downloads I mentioned.   ;)

DIME doesn't let me download anymore because I went over 5GB of downloads, most of it was a Haken video boot which I stupidly deleted. :facepalm: So I have to get my ratio back up to 0.25 before downloading again. :(

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2014, 12:22:57 PM »
Gaspar, just upload one show that you have and that should happen fairly quickly.

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2014, 06:37:00 PM »
Gaspar, just upload one show that you have and that should happen fairly quickly.

I can't upload yet because my account hasn't been switched to 'Uploader'. That happens after a month has passed I believe.

Offline Panos_Ytsejam

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2014, 01:28:10 AM »
guys does anyone know where i can found the London gig? in dime is the only one that doesn't have... :-\

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2014, 03:59:02 AM »
Frostbite taped it. If he likes, he will make it available!

Anyway, Copenhagen is up on dimeadozen!
- Marco

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2014, 03:00:42 PM »
Copenhagen is up on dimeadozen!

And it sounds awesome!

I'm hoping a DVD shows up on Dime. FrostbiteZ's videos are great, but I can't sit at my computer for long stretches.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2014, 04:07:37 PM »
Copenhagen is up on dimeadozen!

And it sounds awesome!

I'm hoping a DVD shows up on Dime. FrostbiteZ's videos are great, but I can't sit at my computer for long stretches.

And you don't have a BD burner. A DVD9 version of his bootleg should be up soon, as far as I know.
- Marco

Offline FrostbiteZ

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2014, 04:32:33 PM »
Frostbite taped it. If he likes, he will make it available!

Anyway, Copenhagen is up on dimeadozen!

I'm uploading Wembley right now and should be up and available in about 24 hours