Author Topic: Californication (TV Show) Thread v. Last Season In March  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Californication (TV Show) Thread v. Last Season In March
« on: January 13, 2014, 07:52:29 PM »
I didn't see a thread for this so I figured I'd start one. I only started getting into it religiously last year. Before that I had seen a few episodes here and there and thought the writing was brilliant.  My wife was away one weekend last summer and I decided to start watching it from season 1.  That weekend I finished the entire first season.  It left me wanting more.  Instead of going into the second season I watched some parts of the first season over, picking up on little things I missed the first time around. After the second time around, I realized I was Hank - well 90% of him.  The women don't come as easily anymore (being married and all) and his writing is somewhat better than my own.  Anyway..

Some great cameos throughout the series include Rick Springfield, Marilyn Manson, Tim Minchin, Kathleen Turner, and Rob Lowe - just to name a few. The upcoming final season is going to have cameos from Heather Graham and Michael Imperioli. It sucks that after going full ahead into this show that the ending is already upon me. I'm curious as to how they will end the show.  I suppose there are a couple of obvious conclusions but we shall see.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Californication (TV Show) Thread v. Last Season In March
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 01:05:09 PM »
Really?  Nobody here likes this show besides myself?    :\

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 01:15:06 PM »
I've seen the first season, maybe a bit more, and I really enjoyed what I saw of it and love me some Duchovny. Although I don't really have a way to watch it right now as I don't think it's on Netflix anymore (could be wrong about that, would love to be) and I don't even have a TV so...  :laugh: Bit hard for me to watch new ones. I don't even recall how I originally watched it, now that I think about it; it may have never been on Netflix, and if not then this was probably back in my torrenting days, so I probably watched it illegally... I've wised up and like to support the shows/music/etc. that I like so I'd have to find a way to watch it eventually...

But I heard they were looking to wrap it up with either this recent season or the upcoming one so that's good to know they have an end-game in mind and it's not just gonna keep rolling on and on. I digress. I loved what I saw and definitely want to catch up and re-watch what I did since it was while back...just gotta find a way how...without being screwed over by iTunes... I might have to wait and see if it does indeed come to Netflix since the show is ending relatively soon. I made that mistake with Dexter and started buying seasons...then...POOF it's on Netflix.  :facepalm: :lol

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 01:21:19 PM »
The upcoming season will be the last season.  You should definitely try to catch up if you can find a way. I was thinking about buying the DVDs for myself. There might be some extra stuff on there to watch. 

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 02:56:30 PM »
The upcoming season will be the last season.  You should definitely try to catch up if you can find a way. I was thinking about buying the DVDs for myself. There might be some extra stuff on there to watch.

:neverusethis:
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 05:20:27 PM »
 :lol

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 06:00:55 PM »
I remember really liking the first 2 or 3 episodes. Basically up until that episode when Hank gets arrested and Rocket Man is playing. After that, I feel like the show has just been going through the motions. Hank used to be a guy I was rooting for, but at this point he just continues fucking up all the time, and it would almost be comical at this point if he got a happy ending.

But yeah, I really liked the first 2 or 3 seasons.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 06:11:58 PM »
I know a few people who feel that way.  They feel like they are just looking for ridiculous ways to make him fuck up just to see how he manages to work his way out of it.   I didn't like when he was working for that rap star.  That character just bothered me so that wasn't my favorite season.  I did like the season when he was teaching.  One of my favorite episodes, which is from that season, is when everyone winds up at Hank's place.

I do feel he has improved since the first season in that he definitely is sleeping with less random women.  He knows that his time is running out and needs to fly right once and for all.