Author Topic: 2014-03-31 - Count Basie Theatre - Red Bank, NJ  (Read 14869 times)

Offline As I Am

• Banned
2014-03-31 - Count Basie Theatre - Red Bank, NJ
« on: January 10, 2014, 11:28:59 AM »
4th row on aisle in front of JP for this one! Can't wait! :metal
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:44:14 AM by cyberdrummer »

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: 2014-03-31 - Count Basie Theatre - Red Bank, NJ
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 11:56:48 AM »
4th row on aisle in front of JP for this one! Can't wait! :metal

You're going to see his muscles pulsating.  :biggrin:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 04:02:13 PM »
Anyone interested in doing a meet up?  I am going to the NYC show with my friend, but since this is a Monday and Red Bank is only 15 minutes from my house, I may end up just going alone.  Id be down for a meet up at a bar in Red Bank.  Im very familiar with the area since I live close so I can help anyone who may have questions.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 07:47:19 PM »
I work up in Hackensack and will probably head to the show straight from work.  A friend of mine will probably be joining me and quite possibly the wife.  So I would be totally cool with meeting up at some point before the show.

Offline sebasn777

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 09:02:31 AM »
How come on the count basie site another event by the Nj symphony is scheduled the same time as dream theater.  I hope they don't cancel the show I'm going with 3 other people.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 09:17:03 AM »
How come on the count basie site another event by the Nj symphony is scheduled the same time as dream theater.  I hope they don't cancel the show I'm going with 3 other people.

Interesting.  Either they are playing with an orchestra or someone messed up the dates on the website.

Offline sebasn777

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 11:14:29 PM »
Shouldn't be a problem theatre probably messed up. I was looking at the capacity of this theatre and its only a little over 1,500. I think it's gonna be a nice intimate show!

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 07:50:25 AM »
So I bought a VIP Ticket and i'm dead center 3rd row! I'm going by myself to this one so if anyone wants to meet up and hang I'd love to. Just let me know

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 08:35:15 AM »
I ordered my tickets this past weekend, top level first row all the way on the right. Got tickets for myself my brother and my father. My father isn't into DT but he likes music and when I invited him he initially said he may not want to go but when I said its only DT and for about 3 hours of only DT, he changed his mind.

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 09:11:48 AM »
I'll be at this show too. I was stoked when they announced a show in Monmouth county, aka my hood :D. I'm going with my mom and dad, I've gotten them into Dream Theater over the years. Dad was always into 70s prog rock so it wasn't a stretch and my mom loves the ballads. I've also got some friends going too, should be a great time.
"Ok, these guys are only catering to the hardcore fanbase that already bought the $8000 meet and greet package complete with signed LaBrie eye patch"

Offline sebasn777

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 07:53:35 AM »
I'm taking my family as well my Dad's in same age range as dream theater and has been a fan since they started playing. This will be my first DT show. I wonder if you could somehow upgrade one ticket to vip but keep the seat it'd be cool if my dad could meet them all. Or maybe I'll just stick around after the show lol. I am pumped though looking forward to this

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 12:05:39 PM »
I can't seem to find tickets on Ticketmaster? Where did you guys get your tickets?

Edit: Nevermind. Found it here... https://www.dreamtheater.net/tour

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 12:20:46 PM »
The dream theater website didn't work well for me. I used the count Basie website which allows you to pick your exact seats.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 01:07:04 PM »
The dream theater website didn't work well for me. I used the count Basie website which allows you to pick your exact seats.

Thanks for the heads up about this.

I'm already going to the NYC show but I was curious about this show because it's only an hour drive from me and at a more intimate venue. My seats are at the balcony for the NYC one. I decided to check out what's available anyway and saw that there is a seat in the 5th row right in front of Petrucci! That's too good to miss so looks like I'm going to this one too  :metal 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 01:34:34 PM »

I'm already going to the NYC show but I was curious about this show because it's only an hour drive from me and at a more intimate venue. My seats are at the balcony for the NYC one. I decided to check out what's available anyway and saw that there is a seat in the 5th row right in front of Petrucci! That's too good to miss so looks like I'm going to this one too  :metal

Hlad to help. I'm the exact opposite. I have to travel further for the NYC show and got GA tickets but for red bank, its close to my house and i got cheap seats on the balcony.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 01:38:57 PM »

Hlad to help. I'm the exact opposite. I have to travel further for the NYC show and got GA tickets but for red bank, its close to my house and i got cheap seats on the balcony.

Nice! Should be a good show  :metal

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 03:01:38 PM »
LOTS of tickets remain for this show :facepalm:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 03:13:08 PM »
Yea, kind of upsetting.  The last two NJ shows I went to were half empty.  The PNC Bank Arts Center is understandable because its a huge venue, but when I saw them in Asbury Park, I was really bummed because it was so empty.  I really hope more tickets get sold for this.  I don't think it helped that they announced it later than the NYC show.  The two venues are maybe only an 1.25 hours away, more with NYC traffic.  And then Red Bank is only 1.5 hours from Philly.

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 04:27:51 PM »
I bought my tickets at the box office the day they went on sale, saved a bunch of fees and bullshit. I'm pretty disappointed that the show seems empty. I was at that Arts Center show too and I remember LaBrie saying something like "We've been coming here since 98. Great venue, not very well known though." I'll be pissed if they pull a Symphony X and don't play in the state for years.  :-\
"Ok, these guys are only catering to the hardcore fanbase that already bought the $8000 meet and greet package complete with signed LaBrie eye patch"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 04:30:51 PM »
I bought my tickets at the box office the day they went on sale, saved a bunch of fees and bullshit. I'm pretty disappointed that the show seems empty. I was at that Arts Center show too and I remember LaBrie saying something like "We've been coming here since 98. Great venue, not very well known though." I'll be pissed if they pull a Symphony X and don't play in the state for years.  :-\

PNC Arts Center not very well known is a pretty poor excuse, the place is a huge venue right on the garden state parkway where HUGE bands normally play when they do summer tours.  I do hope they continue playing in NJ, but for DT, playing NYC, Long Island, NJ, and Philly is a lot for a fairly small area.

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 04:58:47 PM »
Oh I know, I live in Monmouth County and have been going there for 10+ years. For a band as big as Dream Theater not playing in New Jersey would be bullshit imo.

Offline sebasn777

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 06:53:23 PM »
Well they are playing at the paramount before the day before this one and it's only 320 in capacity and there is already more than that at this show so far. I think it should fill up by the time the date rolls along.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 11:03:04 AM »

PNC Arts Center not very well known is a pretty poor excuse, the place is a huge venue right on the garden state parkway where HUGE bands normally play when they do summer tours. 
JLB was being sarcastic!

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
Yea, kind of upsetting.  The last two NJ shows I went to were half empty.  The PNC Bank Arts Center is understandable because its a huge venue, but when I saw them in Asbury Park, I was really bummed because it was so empty.  I really hope more tickets get sold for this.  I don't think it helped that they announced it later than the NYC show.  The two venues are maybe only an 1.25 hours away, more with NYC traffic.  And then Red Bank is only 1.5 hours from Philly.

The Morristown NJ show in '11 for the ADTOE tour looked just about sold out. They just don't have a great fan base in the states, and honestly have been losing attendance (at least at all the shows outside of NYC I've been too) for a long time. BUT, NOTHING was close to as embarrassing as that PNC show in '12. :blush

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 11:30:29 AM »
Damn....I just did a count and I see only 719 seats sold for this show as of now. The place holds 1,543, which means there are more UNSOLD seats (824) than seats sold :tdwn I know the band probably took a hit when MP left, but this is really ridiculous. It kills me when I see sh*t bands with no musical talent selling out arena's when a truly magnificent band (both musically & technically) plays to these small crowds! >:( :censored

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2014, 01:41:08 PM »
Wow. That is pretty sad.  Two months away.

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2014, 02:40:40 PM »
I know the band probably took a hit when MP left, but this is really ridiculous.

... is this really the case?  Can we actually blame the poor attendance on the lack of MP?  The house was pretty full when I saw the ADTOE tour in Chicago, and it seems like attendance was pretty strong throughout the majority of the tour.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 02:51:46 PM »
I know the band probably took a hit when MP left, but this is really ridiculous.

... is this really the case?  Can we actually blame the poor attendance on the lack of MP?  The house was pretty full when I saw the ADTOE tour in Chicago, and it seems like attendance was pretty strong throughout the majority of the tour.

I KNOW a lot of DT fans (when I say a LOT, I mean like 10 :rollin) who still buy their cd's but won't pay to see them anymore without MP. That of course doesn't mean anything across the nation though, but I assume it had at least some affect on the concert attendance.

I've seen them on every tour since FII and up through the Train of Thought tour, the attendance was growing. But, I sense a downward trend in attendance starting with the Octavarium tour (aside from Radio City of course which really was a) a special show & b) their "high water mark" as far as attendance in the states). I think the two progressive nation tours (while great ideas) possibly didn't go over as well as MP might have thought, and then you had the ADTOE tour which had very up and down attendance.

While I really LOVE ADTOE and DT12, I think maybe, MP had the right idea about the band taking a few years off and give fans some time to miss them. Then again, WTF do I know! :loser: :facepalm:

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 03:07:58 PM »
This might be the case in the US, but attendance certainly isn't decreasing in Europe. It's not going up a huge amount either, but it's staying pretty steady.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2014, 03:24:47 PM »
I can't speak for other parts of the nation, ice only seen DT in the NYC, NJ, and Philly areas and from my experience, attendance has been great everywhere I've seen them except in NJ the two times I've seen them (which I mentioned earlier as Asbury Park and Holmdel).

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2014, 03:26:24 PM »
So maybe Jersey had a higher concentration of diehard MP fans or something?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2014, 04:09:16 PM »
I don't really get why someone who would by their new albums but no longer want to see them without MP. I could understand if the new drummer made their live music suck, but MM is as good a replacement as you can get.

My opinion is that the area is over saturated with concerts since they are playing LI, NYC, NJ, and Philly in a matter of days. There's a lot of people who live here but I don't think they are big enough to have people go to all those shows and a lot of people in north jersey will see them in NYC and people in south jersey will see them in PHilly leaving the concerts in NJ lower in attendance.

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2014, 06:07:15 PM »

PNC Arts Center not very well known is a pretty poor excuse, the place is a huge venue right on the garden state parkway where HUGE bands normally play when they do summer tours. 
JLB was being sarcastic!

Obviously, but it wouldn't have been funny if the place wasn't half empty.

My opinion is that the area is over saturated with concerts since they are playing LI, NYC, NJ, and Philly in a matter of days. There's a lot of people who live here but I don't think they are big enough to have people go to all those shows and a lot of people in north jersey will see them in NYC and people in south jersey will see them in PHilly leaving the concerts in NJ lower in attendance.

I completely agree. Playing the big cities on either side of the New Jersey dates has to have a big drain on ticket sales.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 08:58:15 PM »
This might be the case in the US, but attendance certainly isn't decreasing in Europe. It's not going up a huge amount either, but it's staying pretty steady.

True, that's why I really tried to specify the states. The euro fans are much more savvy! :metal

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »
I can't speak for other parts of the nation, ice only seen DT in the NYC, NJ, and Philly areas and from my experience, attendance has been great everywhere I've seen them except in NJ the two times I've seen them (which I mentioned earlier as Asbury Park and Holmdel).

I've been to EVERY show at the tower theater in Philly since they started playing there and in 2002 (SDOIT tour) the place was packed. Every tour after that, the crowd was smaller and smaller...so small in fact that once the upper level was closed off, and then the lower AND upper was closed off the next times. The show was pretty full last time in Philly, but that was at a smaller place than the tower. And, judging by the open seats available for the March show, they'll probably be closed again! :facepalm: