Author Topic: My band is playing at the world famous Whisky A Go Go!  (Read 972 times)

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
My band is playing at the world famous Whisky A Go Go!
« on: January 05, 2014, 02:36:50 AM »
So you dudes who are in the Los Angeles area - my prog metal band, All Hail, is playing at the Whisky on February 21st. It's our very first show, so those of you who wanna witness history (heh heh), you should totally come down! We're opening for the super popular mariachi/metal band, "Metalachi".

We go on at 9:30. Tickets are $10 if you buy them from me, or $15 if you get them at the door!

It would be totally sweet if any of you guys could make it!  :metal

facebook.com/AllHailProg
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: My band is playing at the world famous Whisky A Go Go!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 10:22:21 PM »
I'm in Chicago, but of course I've heard of the Whisky.  Pretty cool that you're playing a gig there, on the same stage (?) that so many others have played.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 11:02:54 PM »
GODDAMNIT

Congrats. I've been wanting to see Metalachi for a while now. Too bad Hollywood is probably a no go for me.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 05:55:33 PM »
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios