Author Topic: Isn't it time to get choristers along for the ride?  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Octavarious

• Scenes from a Mesmerism
Isn't it time to get choristers along for the ride?
« on: January 04, 2014, 11:17:46 AM »
I mean, the more I see JP singing play back to 90% of LALP songs where there was a choir/backing vocals, the mmore I think DT should do like PF back in 1973... Get 3/4 choir members with them on each gig.
I think that would be amazing! What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:50:10 AM by cyberdrummer »
From Rome, with love.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
Re: Isn't it time to get choiristers along for the ride?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 12:06:52 PM »
To bring external musicians along for a whole tour is a rather big endeavour, I'm not sure it would work out financially. For a single show or for a couple of special shows, why not!
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 12:08:26 PM »
Laaaaaaame

For the most part, idk.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 12:19:24 PM »
It might be a nice idea for one or two special shows, but I don't see any need for backing vocalists on a full tour. I mean, DT don't even have a second guitar player at their shows so why would they need a choir?

Offline jmasterx

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 05:57:15 PM »
What they really need is an orchestra, Score was ammmaaazing, and IT needs one.

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 11:10:52 PM »
When they do the live DVD (that i'm assuming they will do, as there's only 3 albums in their whole catalog without an officially released one), I'm sure they'll have an orchestra, but i doubt for a full tour or even for just one leg.

I don't think they need a choir. I don't know why they don't just have JP sing the backup live instead of using a backing track.

Offline Octavarious

• Scenes from a Mesmerism
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 04:16:40 PM »
When they do the live DVD (that i'm assuming they will do, as there's only 3 albums in their whole catalog without an officially released one), I'm sure they'll have an orchestra, but i doubt for a full tour or even for just one leg.

I don't think they need a choir. I don't know why they don't just have JP sing the backup live instead of using a backing track.
This is the issue, probably JP cannot sing, or better can sing only to a quite limited extent.
In my view, technically speaking, a choir would do for a good part of their setlist, including many recent songs. I don't mess with financial speculacation of what they can afford or not, I only know there are hundreds of musicians around the world touring with choir with significant less average budget per concert vs DT. This is a fact. I don't need to make names, just think about recent concerts eg in your home town, wherever you leave and whoever was playing, and you'll probably have the evidence, think about all these mid-budget show productions...
Going back to the choir, it would be an added value if it would include male and female singers, leveraging poor John from being the big pretender in 90% of cases...
I see you have all different views than mine, still I think this would be a wise move, also because in the long run this would be a clever support to JLB... and would be a huge added value if they select the right people (like PF did at the time).
From Rome, with love.