Author Topic: The Carcass Thread  (Read 682 times)

Offline Dr. SeaWolf

• DT.net Member
  • Living in the pupil of 1,000 eyes.
The Carcass Thread
« on: January 02, 2014, 01:59:31 PM »
Didn't see any other threads specifically for Carcass on the forum, so I thought I'd start this one since I'm really loving the new album. Anyone else here heard it? Musically I'd say it's somewhere between Necroticism and Heartwork.

Offline gazinwales

Re: The Carcass Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 03:20:45 PM »
Hell yeah massive Carcass fan here and wow what an album after a 17 year absence  :metal
I remember buying Heartwork in 1993 before the internet days, bought on the review I read in Kerrang! magazine.
It was my first extreme metal album and is still one of the best if not the best death metal labums of all time.

I got to see them play live in 2008, was surprised how good they were, but nothing could have shocked me more than
hearing how good the new album is.

Offline Dr. SeaWolf

• DT.net Member
  • Living in the pupil of 1,000 eyes.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 12:02:57 AM »
Yeah, I was very pleasantly surprised by the new album as well, even after reading multiple positive critical reviews of the album before buying it.

Offline adace

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 01:22:54 AM »
Surgical Steel is one of my favorite metal albums of 2013. :metal

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 10:49:11 AM »
Surgical Steel is ridiculously good. Necroticism is one of the best death metal albums ever made, and Heartwork is up there too. Phenomenal band, and not one of their albums sounds like the last. They were always doing something new and different with their sound.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH