Author Topic: "Tickets to be picked up at the venue"  (Read 1525 times)

Offline RodrigoAltaf

"Tickets to be picked up at the venue"
« on: December 26, 2013, 11:05:36 PM »
 Hey guys, I got tickets to DTīs upcoming tour VERY early in the game - June 2013, as soon as they went on sale - and got a message confirming the purchase and saying that the tickets should be picked up at the venue. No specified time, not even for the ones involving meets & greets, and no other special instruction. Previous to that, Iīve always purchased tickets on the internet but they were mailed to me months or weeks before the show, and/or with proper instructions. So I was just wondering if any of you have purchased tickets to the 2014 European leg and got the same info - is there anything else I should know? Iīm travelling for these shows and donīt want anything to go wrong - please help!

Offline Infinite Cactus

• DT.net Member
Re: "Tickets to be picked up at the venue"
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 01:06:01 AM »
Usually, you'll get an email with a time for willcall etc. All the other details should come as they are sorted out. If you are nervous, you can always call the venue before you leave to go to the show. Lastly, always bring confirmation.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 01:34:12 AM »
Thanks mate. I'm worried because I'm flying all the way from Rio to Spain for these shows. I think it should be fine though, I'm usually overzealous with this kind of thing.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 01:00:31 PM »
If it's just a normal will call sort of deal, the will call line usually opens up one or two hours before the show. No worries at all. If it's a meet and great package deal, I think they get in touch with you before hand to hash out the details. Just make sure they have a good means of contacting you even if you're in Europe; traveling email addy and a couple of phone numbers.

If it makes you feel any better, I flew to Germany without tickets to the show I was planning to attend when they didn't arrive on time. In fact, I've traveled to many shows without having the tickets in hand, and it's always worked out swell. The simple and highly reassuring fact is that you're only fucked if you can't scare up another ticket at a moment's notice, and that's just never the case. If the worst happens with these, you buy another one online from your hotel the day of the show and enjoy the concert. Worry about the refund later after your vacation. Given how they release tickets as the show approaches, you might well wind up with better seats.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 04:25:10 PM »
 Thanks El Barto. I have now opened a service call to find out if everything is ok with my order. But it should be fine, itīs a mixture of worriyng about what could go wrong, but also anticipation for the shows and for my looong overdue and well deserved vacation. These 15 days are still from my vacation in 2012, which I hadnīt managed to book until recently!!!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 04:35:26 PM »
My advice is to not worry about it, or anything else for that matter. Like I said, the worst possible outcome is that you have to buy a ticket in Madrid, and even though that's highly unlikely, it's also damned easy to pull off if it becomes necessary. I learned a long time ago that the single best thing you can do for traveling is be relaxed going into it. I pack a few days in advance, and rest secure in the knowledge that the hard part's done and anything that goes wrong is easily fixable. A concert ticket definitely falls into the easily fixable category.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson