Author Topic: 2014-03-21 - Bell Center - Montreal, QC  (Read 4572 times)

Offline jmasterx

2014-03-21 - Bell Center - Montreal, QC
« on: December 20, 2013, 07:01:45 PM »
I noticed there was not a thread for this venue yet so I decided to make one! I managed to get 2x Row D Floor Left in the presale. I'm really psyched! Who else is going :) ?

Offline New Millenium

Re: 2014-03-21 - Bell Center - Montreal, QC
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 07:01:29 AM »
I will be coming from Toronto with my son to catch this one. Section 114 near the corner of the stage.

I notice that they have the smaller "bowl" seating for this one rather than using most of the venue. Have you watched shows before in this format? Are all the sightlines good?

Offline jmasterx

Offline New Millenium

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 02:22:06 PM »
Thanks for that. I suspect the seats will be just fine.

I am curious though whether they will actually follow through on their "threat" of filming a DVD shoot at the Montreal show. At the screening of LALP in Toronto in September JLB stated that Montreal was a consideration for the next shoot. I doubt he would simply pull that out of the air. Though it seems rather odd to be shooting it so early on the second night of the North American leg.

Time will tell.  ???

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 02:56:03 PM »
They could very well have another North American leg right?

Offline New Millenium

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 06:18:46 AM »
I should think so. I can see the late summer/early fall as the target for N.A. They still have to do S.A., possibly Japan or other Asian cities (or even Down Under) and then maybe some festivals through the summer months.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 04:02:30 AM »
How was it?

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 10:52:14 AM »
Yeah.  How was it for those that were there?  Was it pretty packed?

Offline hotkey

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 11:32:11 AM »
My two cents...
Looked pretty much packed from where I was seated. 
Great show, keyboard broke halfway through Breaking All Illusions, fortunately there were able to fix it before the end of the song.
James was great, powerful, nailing most of the tough notes. 
One of the highlight for me was Space Dye Vest - great rendition, and looked amazing with all the lighters in the crowd.
Sound was meh, lots of distortion.  Next time I'll grab a seat a bit farther away, I think I was too close to the speakers.

People, please learn how to turn off the flash on your phone.  And to the dude in front of me:  I don't understand why you paid almost 100$ (+ at least 40 bucks in beer...) to text through the whole show.

Offline jmasterx

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 07:38:23 AM »
I was in the 4th row toward the left and it hurt (and somewhat damaged) my ears. Definitly bringing ear plugs to the next show. The sound really was meh and ridiculously distorted. They put on a great show though. JP went into World Domination Mode during the Breaking All Illusions Solo while some guy was helping JR fix his keyboard. The 'lighters' / phones during Space Dye Vest were pretty cool.

Offline Cirone328

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 01:44:22 PM »
I'm going to the Philly show. Does anyone know if they accept Visa at the merchandise tables? Thanks!

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 10:48:18 PM »
I'm going to the Philly show. Does anyone know if they accept Visa at the merchandise tables? Thanks!

They usually do.  At least at all the LA shows I've been to do.

Offline Cirone328

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 10:46:34 AM »
OK thanks!!

Offline FrankFountain

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 03:20:07 PM »
The show was awesome as always but man the crowd was horrible. I've never such a sleepy and boring crowd. James Labrie had trouble rallying everyone during the awesome finale.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 09:09:50 PM »
totally blown away by this gig — still reeling! TOT was mind-numbingly awesome (beyond the obvious other highlights).

did the VIP thing; the band looked fairly exhausted but Jordan especially was pretty 'meh' about the signing and photo bits, so i kinda wonder if he'd been having trouble with his keys rig during soundcheck and was expecting something to go wrong (like it did), unless he's always like that during the 'signing factory' part. also, when his rig went down, it looked like he and his tech were waiting for it to restart, and he improvised one of the keyboard breaks with his iPad — was hilarious watching him blandly drag his finger around the screen and then go right back to figuring out the problem  :rollin

really, really hope they release that EM "DT vs. DT" video as an extra on the doubtlessly upcoming Bluray for this tour!

Offline red barchetta

• don't worry, I'm being watched lol
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 10:01:16 PM »
Hi guys, I was in section 117.  The sound was great there, not too loud.  You're right about the crowd.  Maybe DT should have played a bit more of old songs.  By itself, the crowd was not showing much excitement.  I think there was just about 4000 people there.  Beside me and around were empty seats.  The last time they played a smaller place (Place des arts) and the whole place was packed (3000 seats).  I knew the set list they were gonna play since they are playing the same set list on the North American tour but to me it is disapointing.  Too much songs from the last 2 albums.  I noticed that only JP is doing backing vocals and it might be a problem without Portnoy who was doing very nice vocals.  They may have to skip some songs with more vocals, more harmonies.
With all respect, sincerely yours