Author Topic: 2014-03-28 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York City, NY  (Read 20260 times)

Offline sebasn777

Re: 2014-03-28 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York City, NY
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2014, 12:06:33 AM »
The show was insanely good. I was up in the second balcony and the view was great especially how you got to see all the lighting It was most likely at full capacity. You should not miss this if you are a fan. Simply epic. The only part I felt was off was a section in the dance of eternity. It just seemed a little off. 

and James messing up in the middle of lie was hilarious. He just stopped and said "I fucked up." It was no big deal though

Going again at count basie to get a closer view

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2014, 05:29:33 AM »
I couldn't have asked for a better first DT show than last night. Honestly, out of all the concerts I've been to in my young 20 years of existence, last night's show was probably one of top 5 concerts I've seen by far. I agree with As I Am, James was really the MVP of the night. To my ears at least, he  :censored nailed the "Cowards for salvation" line in Illumination Theory. The show's still sinking in for me, but the highlights for me were The Shattered Fortress, Trial of Tears, and pretty much everything from Breaking All Illusions onward. Oh and BTW, the intermission video was probably the most entertaining intermission I've seen. If anything, just on the basis of last night's show alone, I plan on seeing DT every time they play NYC.

I was standing at least 3-4 rows behind the barrier center stage in the GA section and the crowd at least the ones around me were insanely into the show and were singing alone and chanting on James' cue, etc. Got to the venue around 4:30 and was both surprised and not surprised that there were people already in line. The people I met and talked to during the show were super cool and enjoyed talking with them. If I met anyone here on the DTF, I was the short dude with the Steven Wilson Raven shirt.

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2014, 07:23:12 AM »
I couldn't have asked for a better first DT show than last night. Honestly, out of all the concerts I've been to in my young 20 years of existence, last night's show was probably one of top 5 concerts I've seen by far. I agree with As I Am, James was really the MVP of the night. To my ears at least, he  :censored nailed the "Cowards for salvation" line in Illumination Theory. The show's still sinking in for me, but the highlights for me were The Shattered Fortress, Trial of Tears, and pretty much everything from Breaking All Illusions onward. Oh and BTW, the intermission video was probably the most entertaining intermission I've seen. If anything, just on the basis of last night's show alone, I plan on seeing DT every time they play NYC.

I was standing at least 3-4 rows behind the barrier center stage in the GA section and the crowd at least the ones around me were insanely into the show and were singing alone and chanting on James' cue, etc. Got to the venue around 4:30 and was both surprised and not surprised that there were people already in line. The people I met and talked to during the show were super cool and enjoyed talking with them. If I met anyone here on the DTF, I was the short dude with the Steven Wilson Raven shirt.

Hey! You were standing behind me and then the one dude let you stand in front of him. Normally anywhere else i would say I'm the guy with the big beard and long hair... But ya know, metal show environment, that's like 80% of the people. I was literally right in front of you.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2014, 08:23:25 AM »
James missing the line in Lie was epic and his reaction was awesome. That was a great show and the place was packed which made it really awesome. My favorite part might have been the heavy faster part of strange déjà vu where there was actually a small mosh pit formed. Can't wait to have my seat and sit back for a different view/experience of the show.

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2014, 12:21:48 PM »
This was my 4th time seeing DT (3rd time with Mangini), and this was by far the best I have ever seen them play. Being on the floor amidst the racious NYC crowd made all of the difference. (SO ENERGY! POWAH!) I thought that James sang good the last two times I saw him during ADTOE, but he was CRAZY, OUT OF THIS WORLD good last night, especially during the Awake tunes.

After witnessing a mosh pit start to form during The Dance of Eternity, I can safely say that I have seen it all during a DT concert. Only in New York....

They HAVE to do a 2nd North American leg of this tour.
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline IdoSC

« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2014, 12:56:02 PM »
I really need to see a video of that Lie thing  :lol

Offline Grizz

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2014, 02:02:05 PM »
Wonderful show! It seemed to me that the band was a bit off at some points, but the sound and energy were better than Boston.
Also, if I was in GA I'd be pissed at all the people cutting in the gaps between storefronts.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2014, 02:17:43 PM »
Also, if I was in GA I'd be pissed at all the people cutting in the gaps between storefronts.
Believe me, there were several people who tried to shove their way from the back to the front of the barrier where I was. Unless you were saving your buddy's spot, I figured that DT fans wouldn't stoop that low but alas, it happens at every GA show I go to. Still, I enjoy GA shows a bit more than seated shows just because the crowd energy seems to have so much POWAH! which I personally like.

Offline Sad Wings

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2014, 03:09:38 PM »

I may have spoken to you - I was the blind dude with the cane.  I spoke to a dude from Agalloch's show in 2011, a girl who waxed on and on about Sonata Arctica, and a few other dudes.  It was by far the most energetic crowd I've been in at a DT show, and The Mirror and Lie were somethin else in that setting.  Unfortunately two people were yelling in front of me after Lie ended and therefore I couldn't hear most of Labrie's chatter about the album anniversary sections.  The sound was rather muddy, and James was hard to hear at times throughout the night.  The Boston show, while definitely too hissy-sounding, was better in that I could always hear James.

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2014, 04:45:07 PM »
Sad Wings! I was the guy who you spoke too Agalloch about. It was an extremely energetic crowd. There were two coked out guys that came up like half way through and just were yelling random things trying to start shit with people to get to the railing. Other than that it was a sweet show.

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2014, 05:29:57 PM »
I may have spoken to you - I was the blind dude with the cane.  I spoke to a dude from Agalloch's show in 2011, a girl who waxed on and on about Sonata Arctica, and a few other dudes.  It was by far the most energetic crowd I've been in at a DT show, and The Mirror and Lie were somethin else in that setting.  Unfortunately two people were yelling in front of me after Lie ended and therefore I couldn't hear most of Labrie's chatter about the album anniversary sections.  The sound was rather muddy, and James was hard to hear at times throughout the night.  The Boston show, while definitely too hissy-sounding, was better in that I could always hear James.
Yeah I definitely remembered speaking to you. We were talking about the Anathema show last year and Fates Warning.

Offline Sad Wings

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2014, 06:23:28 PM »
Ah, I remember you too. Seeing that Anathema's Fanbase is growing here in the states puts a warm feeling in my belly.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2014, 06:35:21 PM »
As for people getting to the front, I was on the far right maybe 6 people behind the barrier and the people by me were pretty curtius in terms of letting people leave to get drinks and bathroom but still come back to their spot but yea there were definitely others just trying to get close. Pretty normal. I was wearing a light blue miller light shirt by the way. I think I rocked out for the entire 3 hours and on my bad ankle.

Offline Laughingplace56

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2014, 09:28:20 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=INW0zneWv6k#t=389

I present to you, the fuck up.  :lol

:yarr  :lol Honestly, I think that it only added to the evening!
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2014, 07:17:47 AM »
I got screwed for this show. First off, I had a ticket that didn't exist! (only me) I had seat 12 in a row with 11 seats. That's fucked up. I was on the end of the 3rd row in the first balcony. An opera box blocked half my view of the stage. I couldn't see Petruci at all unless he walked towrads center stage.
The band was great but I paid 110 bucks for a shitty obstructed view seat and the actual seat on my ticket did not exist.
Good times.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2014, 07:30:31 AM »
I got screwed for this show. First off, I had a ticket that didn't exist! (only me) I had seat 12 in a row with 11 seats. That's fucked up. I was on the end of the 3rd row in the first balcony. An opera box blocked half my view of the stage. I couldn't see Petruci at all unless he walked towrads center stage.
The band was great but I paid 110 bucks for a shitty obstructed view seat and the actual seat on my ticket did not exist.
Good times.

Oh man, that totally honks!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Grizz

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2014, 08:45:46 AM »
That's really screwed up! Did you ask the venue people about that or file a claim with TicketBastard?
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2014, 11:01:25 AM »
TicketmASSter :neverusethis:
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2014, 01:16:54 PM »
Great show! JLB was on fire.

The only downside was that I couldn't see any of the visuals from my seat at the lower balcony. The roof was covering it  :facepalm:

Looking forward to the NJ show tomorrow  :metal :corn

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2014, 02:04:19 PM »
Boy am I glad that I did GA for this show. Sounds like everyone got screwed with their balcony seats, and payed a lot more to do so!

Offline Grizz

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2014, 05:19:04 PM »
Boy am I glad that I did GA for this show. Sounds like everyone got screwed with their balcony seats, and payed a lot more to do so!
And I'm glad that I could relax, see, not get a secondhand high, piss, inhale through my nose, eat beforehand, and not get repeatedly slammed into by a drunk mosher.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2014, 05:50:20 PM »
And I'm glad that I could relax, see, not get a secondhand high, piss, inhale through my nose, eat beforehand, and not get repeatedly slammed into by a drunk mosher.

I think I got to do all those as well as be on the floor. Only thing I didn't do was sit.

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2014, 06:18:41 PM »

I think I got to do all those as well as be on the floor. Only thing I didn't do was sit.

Ditto!

Offline sebasn777

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2014, 10:44:51 PM »
I was in the second balcony and view was perfect some of the lighting effects shined directly in my face lol I saw the entire stage. I would say it was better than the lower balcony.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2014, 05:49:28 AM »
That's really screwed up! Did you ask the venue people about that or file a claim with TicketBastard?
I just took it up the rear end and moved on. It sucks but I don't see Ticketmaster doing anything about it. The security guard who checked my ticket when the row filled up was confused. I had no seat and he didn't know what to do. He stuck me in the only empty seat in row 2.
I was ripped off for sure.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2014, 12:43:20 PM »
I called Ticketmaster today and explained I was sold a ticket that did not exist and I saw very little of the stage. The associate is requesting a full refund of $218.00 for the 2 tickets I purchased. Even if they don't refund me back at least I made the effort to explain they did wrong by me. That's all I can do.
They said I would know in 5 to 7 business days.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2014, 01:09:52 PM »
Hopefully you get your money back, that's so screwed up.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2014, 05:18:54 PM »
I talked to some guy outside who thought that Paiste cymbals were rebranded entry-level Zildjian cymbals and another guy who recognized the CT town on my marching band jacket and also said he was from Connecticut. I also made half of the upper left mezzanine row B get up twice so I could piss during the orchestral section, and was one of the two boys at the front of said section that looked like they belonged in GA.

So, did any of you see me?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2014, 09:24:19 AM »
Good times.

Oh man, that totally honks!
After fighting a battle with them, Ticketmaster just refunded my Visa card $90.00 bucks! :metal

I wanted both tickets refunded but I'll take this as a victory!