Author Topic: 2014-03-20 - Massey Hall - Toronto, ON  (Read 19204 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
2014-03-20 - Massey Hall - Toronto, ON
« on: December 17, 2013, 04:06:50 PM »
Roll call.  Ima definitely gonna be there.  Hoping to get pre-sale announcement info before Friday.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:59:40 AM by jingle.boy »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: 2014-04-20 - Massey Hall - Toronto, ON
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 04:33:49 PM »
Hoping to get pre-sale announcement info before Friday.

If you get the presage info let me know please!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline pinchylarue

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 05:37:59 PM »
I would really like to know a presale link if anyone gets any info, please let us know

Offline pinchylarue

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 07:49:16 AM »
anyone know if toronto will have a presale today at 10am?
also, how much will platinum vip and gold vip be?

just trying to make a hard decision here haha

Offline New Millenium

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 08:05:35 AM »
The "pre-sale" takes place tomorrow. But I believe you need to be part of the "FriendsFirst" program run through Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall. I registered earlier this week through the MH website so I believe the window opens up at 10AM tomorrow to grab tickets ahead of Friday's public sale.

Also seeing them in Montreal the night after the T.O. show and then in NYC on the 28th with my wife coming along. This is going to be good.  :D

Offline pinchylarue

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 08:10:16 AM »
i just bought tickets for massey hall on dream theaters website. left center floor row E

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 02:08:27 PM »
i just bought tickets for massey hall on dream theaters website. left center floor row E

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

VIP?  Didn't know they were selling tickets directly from their website.   >:(  Now, it says they are unavailable - so I'll need to wait for pre-sale, or general public.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 02:09:36 PM »
You need to just give up this madness altogether and make your travel plans for S.F.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 02:11:40 PM »
You need to just give up this madness altogether and make your travel plans for S.F.

Hardly... If I can swing the Warfield, I'll be going to this show as well!

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 02:16:37 PM »
Platinum ticket here LCF Row A Seat 29...Isle seat pretty much dead centre.  :metal
Merry Christmas from my wife & kids   ;D

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 05:06:08 PM »
It says the pre-sale is already sold out. Am I screwed?

Offline johnnysuperfan

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 06:05:47 PM »
Platinum ticket here LCF Row A Seat 29...Isle seat pretty much dead centre.  :metal

im behind you, don't block my view, me not tall, lol  ;D

just got my meet 'n greet 2nd row left center row b seat 28, VIP  :biggrin:

excited  :biggrin:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 06:13:49 PM »
I'm not feeling like shelling out for VIP.  I sat front row centre in Phx last tour, so I've had my moment.  There's not a bad seat at Massey Hall (unless you're over 6 feet, and up on the 3rd level).  I'll take my chances Friday at noon.  Live Nation confirmed they don't have a pre-sale.

The "pre-sale" takes place tomorrow. But I believe you need to be part of the "FriendsFirst" program run through Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall. I registered earlier this week through the MH website so I believe the window opens up at 10AM tomorrow to grab tickets ahead of Friday's public sale.

Also seeing them in Montreal the night after the T.O. show and then in NYC on the 28th with my wife coming along. This is going to be good.  :D

I'm considering the Mtl show.  Not sure how mrs.jingle will feel about me blowing out for a Friday night though.  So, you shelled out the $100 to join that Friends First program?

Offline johnnysuperfan

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 06:26:59 PM »
I'm not feeling like shelling out for VIP.  I sat front row centre in Phx last tour, so I've had my moment.  There's not a bad seat at Massey Hall (unless you're over 6 feet, and up on the 3rd level).  I'll take my chances Friday at noon.  Live Nation confirmed they don't have a pre-sale.

I had my VIP moment back in 2009 Molson Amp, this will probably be my last for $300, its still a lot to shell out, I wasn't going to pay $100 to get on the buddyfirst list, I really wanted 2nd deck in the center, but they're probably gone in the presale, so I went for VIP. Im excited to meet the band again, don't have to wait at the bus this time, lol

Not worried about picture taking or whatever during the show since the last time at Massey it was strictly enforced, lol . Been there, done that. 3 hr DT show is gonna be sweet  ;D

Offline New Millenium

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »
Hey folks,

I'll bet you don't have to worry about snagging seats for MH if you weren't able to secure them through the DT site. The floors all went but the balconies and galleries will be available tomorrow through FriendsFirst and then on Friday during the public sale.

I also managed to snag really decent seats for MTL and just grabbed floors for NYC to get the full "crowd experience" for at least one show.

Makes you wonder though, doesn't it? They could easily have added a second show at Massey or even booked something in Hamilton to catch the western NY state crowd and Toronto people that would be willing to see them a second night. Who knows? Maybe they do just that in the late summer/early fall.

BTW...is it just me or does anyone else get the sense that the Bell Centre gig may just be a DVD shoot? JLB has stated several times that they would consider a shoot there. Why else play a big venue like that but limit yourself to the standard music halls for the rest of the tour?

Offline New Millenium

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 06:31:54 AM »
Sorry Jingle.boy.......didn't see your question until later.

Yeah I did put up $100 for FF. Sort of tough at this time of year but I figure I will see some other bands at Massey through the year as already their line-up is looking good for Q1. Plus it is my son's fisrt concert (he is a big DT fan now too) so I figured we would make it a grand experience and get some solid seats. I'll let you guys know very shortly if it was worthwhile.  ::)   

Offline New Millenium

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 09:08:45 AM »
Third row, right-centre balcony at MH. Very happy with the seats.

Now the agony of waiting three months to see them begins.   :metal

Offline dream416

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 09:17:16 AM »

Lol not that tall either....no worries... :biggrin:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 09:39:55 AM »
Third row, right-centre balcony at MH. Very happy with the seats.

Now the agony of waiting three months to see them begins.   :metal

hhhmmmm... if that's the best that the MH 'friends' get, I'm wondering if I'll be up on the third balcony come tomorrow morning.  I saw TSO from there a couple of years ago, and it was very uncomfortable.  The seats are so small up there, I literally did not have room to sit normally without spreading my knees apart, or holding them off the ground.  If my lap is 24" long, there's only 22" of leg room up there.  Guess there weren't a lot of 6'+ people back in the lat 1800s when it was built.

Offline New Millenium

Re: 2014-03-20 - Massey Hall - Toronto, ON
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 10:46:03 AM »
Sounds a lot like flying Air Canada.  ;)

I sat in almost the exact same seats for Yes years back and was quite satisfied. In Montreal we have seats in the stands but in the first row so I figured a bit of variety on perspectve wouldn't hurt.

Offline rubenchitito

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 11:19:41 AM »
Bought my ticket yesterday! Can't wait!

C$340 (fees included) is a hell lot to spend on this, and I am probably not buying the platinum ticket again, but since this is my very first Dream Theater concert, I figured I better experienced this and then next time just buy regular tickets.

Offline johnnysuperfan

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2013, 05:22:39 PM »

Lol not that tall either....no worries... :biggrin:

:biggrin:

enjoy the show, i'm pumped  :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 10:08:32 AM »
Ok... kinda happy, but mostly peeved.

First, LiveNation FB confirms to me that there was no pre-sale from LN.  I go to Ticketbastard this morning, and they do in fact list that there was a LN presale yesterday?!?!  :wtf:

No biggie... as I log in to get tickets, and because I don't have any friends that like DT, I'm just getting a single seat.  RCF, aisle seats, rows D thru M are available.  Wahoo!  By the time I select row D, and type the make-sure-you're-human code, Rows D thru J are gone.  Unreal.  So, I end up with Row K.  The good news is, somewhere between D and K is the price drop point, so instead of it being $109, it was $83.

Overall, I'll take it.

Offline New Millenium

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 12:32:24 PM »
This whole ticketing process seemed to be rather haphazard. Hopefully they will provide more clarity on future tours as to pre-sale dates and what the specifics are.

So do you guys think this gig will sell out?

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 12:42:15 PM »
I agree on the ticket thing. I wish it wasn't so unclear. I got lucky with my seats though.

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2013, 01:35:18 PM »
This whole ticketing process seemed to be rather haphazard. Hopefully they will provide more clarity on future tours as to pre-sale dates and what the specifics are.

So do you guys think this gig will sell out?

Does it usually sell out? I've never checked on that.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2013, 02:19:19 PM »
The two other times I've seen them at Massey, it certainly seemed like it was a sell-out.  There may have been individual seats here and there that weren't filled, but it was certainly packed.

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2014, 09:30:34 PM »
I got tickets with my roommate to this show!! We will be in the Gallery, in seats C-48 and C-49. 70-80% of the seats in the entire building look good based on the interactive seat planner, and those seats are included in that category. So freaking excited!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2014, 10:07:40 AM »
I got tickets with my roommate to this show!! We will be in the Gallery, in seats C-48 and C-49. 70-80% of the seats in the entire building look good based on the interactive seat planner, and those seats are included in that category. So freaking excited!

You're right, there isn't a bad seat in the house for listening or viewing.  But, if you're up on level 3, and taller than 6', it's going to be a bit of a physically uncomfortable experience.

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2014, 02:28:02 PM »

You're right, there isn't a bad seat in the house for listening or viewing.  But, if you're up on level 3, and taller than 6', it's going to be a bit of a physically uncomfortable experience.

I think I'll be fine then. :P

Offline dtrox08

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2014, 02:49:29 PM »
I have never been to Massey Hall for a concert before. Is Right Side Floor bad? I know its the floor and I'm a few rows from the front pretty centred there but from the seating plans it looks like it is way off to the side. Is that true?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2014, 03:52:09 PM »
I have never been to Massey Hall for a concert before. Is Right Side Floor bad? I know its the floor and I'm a few rows from the front pretty centred there but from the seating plans it looks like it is way off to the side. Is that true?

Yes.  Depends on your definition of "way".  You are completely outside of being in front of the stage, but bear in mind Massey Hall was built to be a concert hall - sound is awesome, sight-lines are good everywhere.  I sat in that area, about 12-15 rows back on the Score tour.  Not a bad location at all.

Offline New Millenium

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2014, 05:04:19 PM »
I've never seen DT at MH but I watched various other acts - mostly in the balcony and once in the Orchestra section. Not a bad experience to be had. Yes, the acoustics are really good and the hall has a sort of majesty (sorry guys... ::)) to it. I think you will be pleased when all is said and done.

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 04:11:37 PM »
It's still over two months away, but is anyone here planning on recording this show?

Offline rubenchitito

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2014, 07:43:47 PM »
Did you guys receive your tickets in the mail?

I ordered them when they came out and it said that it was going to be 2 weeks. I am not sure if something is happening with my order or this is normal and I will be getting them later.