Author Topic: 2014-03-25 - Opera House - Boston, MA  (Read 65539 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
2014-03-25 - Opera House - Boston, MA
« on: December 17, 2013, 03:01:49 PM »
DREAM THEATER
--GRAMMY-NOMINATED PROGRESSIVE METAL TITANS--
INVITE THE ESTEEMED BERKLEE COLLEGE OF MUSIC
TO JOIN THEM FOR A ONE-OF-A-KIND SHOW
AT THE BOSTON OPERA HOUSE ON TUESDAY, MARCH 25, 2014

THIS EVENT WILL BE RECORDED FOR RELEASE AND IS PART OF THE BAND’S “ALONG FOR THE RIDE” NORTH AMERICAN TOUR LAUNCHING MARCH 20 IN SUPPORT OF THEIR NEW SELF-TITLED ALBUM

TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE HERE: https://HTTPS://TINYURL.COM/N2FWVDX

THE BAND RECENTLY EARNED THEIR SECOND GRAMMY NOMINATION
FOR “BEST METAL PERFORMANCE” FOR THEIR SINGLE “THE ENEMY INSIDE”

DREAM THEATER--Grammy-nominated progressive metal titans--have invited the esteemed Berklee College of Music to join them for a one-of-a-kind show on the band’s upcoming “Along For The Ride” North American tour, when they visit the Boston Opera House on Tuesday, March 25. Tickets for this event start at $35 and are available here: https://tinyurl.com/n2fwvdx.

DREAM THEATER was founded in 1985 when founding members--guitarist John Petrucci, bassist John Myung, and former drummer Mike Portnoy--attended the Berklee College of Music.

Also adding to the significance of this collaboration: Mike Mangini (drums), who joined the band in 2010, is a former faculty member of the Berklee College of Music.

This special homecoming will be captured and recorded for a later release. DREAM THEATER will be joined by special guest ensembles the Berklee World Strings and the Berklee Concert Choir for the second half of the set. The ensembles will layer distinct dramatic elements to DREAM THEATER's production. The World Strings are an international group of creative improvisers who play with rhythmic qualities seldom heard from string instruments. The Concert Choir stretches its repertoire from traditional and contemporary music through a wide range of genres.

DREAM THEATER recently earned a second Grammy nomination for “Best Metal Performance” for the single “The Enemy Inside” from their current self-titled worldwide smash album (released September 24, 2013 on Roadrunner Records).

“DREAM THEATER” made a spectacular debut this past fall, topping Billboard’s “Hard Rock Albums” chart while simultaneously entering at #7 on the overall Billboard 200. The extraordinary chart position marked the group’s third consecutive top 10 debut, and also saw "DREAM THEATER" making top 5 chart debuts in Japan, Germany, Italy, Canada, Argentina, Switzerland, Holland, and Finland, as well as top 10 debuts in Denmark, Austria, and Norway, with career high debuts in the United Kingdom and Australia.

The band recently announced new tour dates for their North American headlining run which will pick up on March 20th in Toronto, ON following the band’s European tour.

For up-to-the-minute news, tour dates and ticket information, please visit https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=24446

OK, Finally!!

Don't know where The Opera House is, but I guess I'm gonna find out. Taking the little TACs to this show as well.

Now if I can figure out the Presale...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:33:48 AM by cyberdrummer »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Serpentor

• I am faster than 80% of all snakes
  • DT.net Member
  • I don't want a large Farva, I want a liter of cola
Re: 2014-03-25 - Opera House - Boston, MA
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 12:17:08 PM »
Presale now open for Boston.    Order through the DT site via Crowdsurge.  Only Orchestra Left and Orchestra Right available at regular price.  VIP tix get you Orchestra Center
Dear Santa,
Please kill Icy for Christmas.

Love,

Everyone

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 12:40:34 PM »
I'm trying to order, but it won't go past the sign up page..WTF??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:20:41 PM »
Orch Left Center, Row I Seats 5-7-9-11

:metal :metal

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 02:48:04 AM »
10th Row, center.  This will be my 37th show, and my girlfriends first.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:23:30 PM by RaiseTheKnife »

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 02:51:55 AM »
37th? Great effort.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 02:57:03 AM »
Thanks!  It will be 39 by the end of NA leg, including Riverside and Los Angeles (Gold and Platinum tickets, respectively).   

BTW, Riverside VIP's are selling like hotcakes.  I was shocked that I was only able to get Row N (gold) within the first half hour of ticket sales.  Thought I'd at least get Row E or G.   

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 11:26:02 AM »
Finally DT seems to have ditched the awful Orpheum as a venue. However, now they're playing in the "Opera House". Has anybody ever been, is it any good?
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 11:41:47 AM »
Years ago Rumbo I took my wife there for "The Sound Of Music" featuring Richard Chamberlin.  I was in the second row and it sounded great but the orchestra was underneath the stage so I don't know how a rock concert sounds there.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 02:32:17 PM »
Interesting that the Crowd Surge site is only offering tickets from rows A  and up.  All the seating plans show that the first ten rows start in the AAA, BBB and move to AA before finally starting on the A's.  So I'm not sure if I got fourth row (D) or twelfth.  Its a Gold VIP ticket, but even the Platinums did not offer AAA.  Scalp sites seem to be offering row AAA, but I'm not sure if those are just phantom tickets.  Perhaps it is just the way they mapped out the seating chart.  Any ideas?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 03:56:44 PM »
Finally DT seems to have ditched the awful Orpheum as a venue. However, now they're playing in the "Opera House". Has anybody ever been, is it any good?

No shit. The Orpheum is one step above the Palladium.

The Opera House looks nice. Since we're taking the kids, at least if we need to take them to the lobby for a break, it will be much better than the other shit hole.

Does this show really start at 6;30??

Offline Awaken

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 02:16:18 PM »
Just picked up tickets - this will be my wife's first DT show.  Can't wait - I've seen a few shows in 'opera houses' locally (Bonamassa in Hartford) lately and the acoustics were stellar.  Hoping this will be even better.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 06:17:46 AM »
Got my 2 tickets.  See you folks there!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 10:33:29 AM »
Awesome. Is Mrs. King going?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 02:49:37 PM »

Now my drummer friend who I was with the last tour.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 11:41:36 AM »

Now my drummer friend who I was with the last tour.
Dude, let her out of the house, will ya?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 07:30:10 PM »
 :lol

The old maid doesn't want to ask her boss to get the time off.  I don't get it either but her boss is a maniac.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 01:42:00 PM »
So, I just bought the platinum VIP thing for $200

Ain't I supposed to get access to some good seats now?

How does this work?

Do I just buy a ticket like every other schmuck?

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 02:01:37 PM »
Fuck it, I bought a ticket to the mezzanine - Row A seat 12.  Yes, I will be able to sit for the entire show  :hat   :tup 

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 03:39:56 PM »
And you get to meet the band!

VIP seat tickets for Boston sold out in the second day I think.   As it turns out, that block of tickets was not that good anyway.  The best seats were released to the public in the presale by another vendor.  I purchased Row D in the orchestra via Crowd Surge.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 01:41:42 AM »
Petrucci hints that something "especially special" will happen at this show!

Offline Awaken

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 05:07:55 AM »
Probably not it, and I'm only going on the pics from their site, but a performance at this venue would look amazing on blu-ray

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 08:26:27 AM »
Well this show sounds pretty special. Explains the venue choice as well.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 05:07:45 PM »
I'm going to be there, assuming I don't screw up in my old man's eyes.
My old man has angry eyes.
My school releases grades at horrible times.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Sad Wings

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2014, 01:39:02 PM »
I would like to go if I can get a good ticket.  Their seem to only be mezzanine seats left.  If anyone has a ticket in the pit or orchestra sections, please let me know.  I will take up to three tickets, but if only one is available I will take that.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 01:42:09 PM »
I'm 95% in for this show. Just have to get confirmation that my gf can take off and I'll be buying tickets.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 06:29:03 AM »
I'm 95% in for this show. Just have to get confirmation that my gf can take off and I'll be buying tickets.
Awesome!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 03:45:07 PM »
Awesome!

Well, looks like we'll finally meet! :D

Bought tickets up near the top, but dead center and on an aisle.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 04:19:43 PM »
Cool! :tup

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »
Tim, are you heading down early?  I'd like to get us together for a meet up.  Let me know.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2014, 10:02:25 AM »
Tim, are you heading down early?  I'd like to get us together for a meet up.  Let me know.

The Lovely Mrs TAC, as well as TAC Jr. and TAC III are also coming so a meetup will be tough. We're going to try and find some pizza nearby before the show.

We'll be hanging in the lobby a bit too so if you see us, please say Hi.

Same goes for you, Nick. I'll have my eye out for both of you.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »
Awesome.  We'll get there a little early in the lobby then.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2014, 05:22:28 PM »
Man... missing this by one week!  Stupid conference I go to every year in Boston is on the 19th.   :facepalm:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Grizz

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2014, 05:27:31 PM »
I plan on getting some photos of this show. These wouldn't be considered leaks or anything of that nature and banned here, would they?
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2014, 06:57:21 PM »
Since the show is being filmed and released as an official DVD, I would avoid sharing personal recordings.   In this case, I ere on the side of letting the band first present the show as they intend.