Author Topic: Interesting Post On Weymolith's FB Page This Morning  (Read 43340 times)

Offline dodido253

Re: Interesting Post On Weymolith's FB Page This Morning
« Reply #105 on: December 22, 2013, 01:34:14 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5KQN-r7pXY

Learning to live Israel 19/7/2011 defenitly great version of the song  :metal

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2013, 03:28:17 PM »
Best. Christmas. Present. EVER.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2013, 04:05:42 PM »
Oh yeah. Definitely.

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2013, 06:13:45 PM »

:clap:

I love the care taken in to make sure each track was one that wasn't on LALP, and to ensure that we get a performance of each song from the tour!

That was the concept!

Considering that "To Live Forever" is here from the same show, I would expect the King Crimson cover of "21st Century Schizoid Man" to be present at the end of this compilation. It would be nice to have "Paradigm Shift" as well, just for completion's sake, but were I able to choose, definitely the cover, especially since it was a one-off performance (as with TLF and AD, both of which are present on here). It would fit nicely at the end of the 2nd disc as the "2nd Encore" after "As I Am".

As it stands, though, without the one final track, we've got nearly 2 hours of music here and I am completely ecstatic for it! I cannot wait to hear these songs!!!

"21st Century Schizoid Man" is copyrighted by King Crimson. We couldn't secure permission to include it.
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2013, 06:16:34 PM »
"21st Century Schizoid Man" is copyrighted by King Crimson. We couldn't secure permission to include it.

:sadpanda:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2013, 06:37:44 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5KQN-r7pXY

Learning to live Israel 19/7/2011 defenitly great version of the song  :metal

I'm so pissed I wasn't at that show. I was in the middle east at the time, but I had left Israel already and getting back from Egypt would have been such a bitch that I just couldn't do it.  :-[
"Ok, these guys are only catering to the hardcore fanbase that already bought the $8000 meet and greet package complete with signed LaBrie eye patch"

Online The Letter M

« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2013, 07:32:21 PM »

I love the care taken in to make sure each track was one that wasn't on LALP, and to ensure that we get a performance of each song from the tour!

That was the concept!

Considering that "To Live Forever" is here from the same show, I would expect the King Crimson cover of "21st Century Schizoid Man" to be present at the end of this compilation. It would be nice to have "Paradigm Shift" as well, just for completion's sake, but were I able to choose, definitely the cover, especially since it was a one-off performance (as with TLF and AD, both of which are present on here). It would fit nicely at the end of the 2nd disc as the "2nd Encore" after "As I Am".

As it stands, though, without the one final track, we've got nearly 2 hours of music here and I am completely ecstatic for it! I cannot wait to hear these songs!!!

What a treat, though! Thanks  to you and everyone involved, and the band as well, for providing us with this gracious gift! I wonder...will there ever be physical copies made, for those of us who enjoy collecting them? I wouldn't mind a limited-run, or a pre-order thing where funds from the pre-order campaign pay for the physical copies production, especially if there's already Syme artwork made for it - might as well print it if it looks good, right? :tup

And I guess this means the final track is "Paradigm Shift", eh? I'm okay with that! I mean, 3/4ths of LTE are on stage anyway for that song so it should be pretty awesome, and I'm interested in hearing MM play MP's parts on that piece!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2013, 08:30:38 PM »

That was the concept!

What a treat, though! Thanks  to you and everyone involved, and the band as well, for providing us with this gracious gift! I wonder...will there ever be physical copies made, for those of us who enjoy collecting them? I wouldn't mind a limited-run, or a pre-order thing where funds from the pre-order campaign pay for the physical copies production, especially if there's already Syme artwork made for it - might as well print it if it looks good, right? :tup

-Marc.

Oooooo, that would be cool.  I would definitely throw some cash down to get a physical copy.  For now though, I really can't ask for anything more. 

Offline KISS 76

« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2013, 12:17:57 AM »

That was the concept!

And I guess this means the final track is "Paradigm Shift", eh? I'm okay with that! I mean, 3/4ths of LTE are on stage anyway for that song so it should be pretty awesome, and I'm interested in hearing MM play MP's parts on that piece!

-Marc.

+1 here. I always hoped that the ytse jam releases would continue. Hopefully this is just the start of great things to come...

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2013, 02:07:03 AM »
I flew to Austin hoping to hear Beneath the Surface live, as it appeared to fall on a B set date.  Didn't happen, and I was kinda bummed that it didn't work out.  (caught BTS in San Diego)

Could not be happier that DT is spoiling the fans again.  And the fact that four tracks appear from my miscalculated trip to Austin is such a bonus.

Believe it or not, Wey and Debra were in the row in front of me, so I knew this would be a special show in any event.

Offline The Stray Seed

• There is no greater Evil than the indifference of Good men.
  • non mihi, non tibi, sed Nobis.
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2013, 03:26:42 AM »

THANK YOU WEYMO, THANKS DT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2013, 05:19:33 AM »

^ This.

Color me fully erect.  Ironic that UAGM as the opening track was the encore song in Phx (can't remember if it usually was the encore)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2013, 05:40:54 AM »
This is amazing, thanks to everyone involved.

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2013, 05:54:55 AM »
AMAZING christmas gift!  :omg: Thanks DT, what generous band!  :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy
And... a physical copy by Ytse Jam Records would be reaaally nice!   :tup ... with the blu-ray from High Voltage 2011? :biggrin:
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2013, 07:29:07 AM »
Wow!! Merry Christmas to DT fans everywhere!! Thanks to DT and everyone involved!!  :tup :tup

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2013, 08:28:24 AM »
So, with LaLP and this Christmas album (which, btw, we don't know the name yet) we have ALL I&W songs, except by TTT, which it's almost pretty obvious they will play on the AFTR tour.. Can't ask anything more...  :rollin
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #121 on: December 23, 2013, 09:02:41 AM »
Toyota

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #122 on: December 23, 2013, 09:20:21 AM »
Wonderful, just wonderful!!!!!!!

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2013, 09:23:54 AM »
This is super cool! Thanks to Wey and everyone else involved!

Like another poster mentioned, I have never used bit torrent either so this thread has been very helpful. Thanks IdoSC.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline IdoSC

« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2013, 09:50:01 AM »

^ This.

Color me fully erect.  Ironic that UAGM as the opening track was the encore song in Phx (can't remember if it usually was the encore)
All I know is that it was the opening song in Israel. I believe it was the first song before ADTOE came out, then it was the encore (sometimes) when they started to open the show with Bridges in the Sky.

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2013, 10:31:19 AM »
UAGM was the only intro ever used other than BITS, so I think that's why it's first even thoughts was the encore at that show. Also, when this comes out, is it going to be against the rules to post raw audience youtube links to these performances? And would it be wrong to make a home-made DVD using the videos on YouTube synced with the audio from this CD?

Online The Letter M

« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2013, 11:58:06 AM »
So, with LaLP and this Christmas album (which, btw, we don't know the name yet) we have ALL I&W songs, except by TTT, which it's almost pretty obvious they will play on the AFTR tour.. Can't ask anything more...  :rollin

Good point! And instead of TTT, we have TLF. And there's also a TINY chance that, in addition to "Take The Time", we could possibly get "Don't Look Past Me" as well, which would mean between last tour and next, this band line-up will have played all the IAW-era songs (excluding ACOS, because that ended up changing later on, and not counting "Eve", even though it debuted on the IAW tour, was not written until after the IAW sessions, IIRC - I could be wrong on that...).

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline John94

« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2013, 02:09:46 PM »
Good stuff. Does anyone know how to convert FLAC to MP3 for Windows (8.1) ? All2MP3 is a mac program.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2013, 02:19:01 PM »
By the way, I might be a little late to the party, but who is this Weymolith person, anyway?

Short story:  A long-time employee of the band.  He ran MP.com up until a bit after Mike left DT, and got kind of a bad rap among some fans because Mike wanted the forum run a certain way, and Wey wasn't afraid to run it that way.  He is one of the admins here because he helped me initially set up this place, and has been instrumental in helping me keep this place running smoothly behind the scenes.  He is also a great friend, and is currently the band's Social Media Marketing Manager (apologies if I got the title somewhat wrong).  He is also Debra's Significant Other. 

Enough info?

:weymolith:
What brand of underwear does he wear, and does he like tuna fish?
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2013, 06:21:03 PM »

At this time, I feel comfortable releasing the track list (subject to change... still waiting on a track from Richard Chycki.)

CD1:
01 Under A Glass Moon (Phoenix, AZ 12/4/11)
02 Forsaken (London, UK 7/24/11)
03 Peruvian Skies (London, UK 7/24/11)
04 Endless Sacrifice (Austin, TX 10/26/11)
05 Drum Solo (Austin, TX 10/26/11)
06 YtseJam (Austin, TX 10/26/11)
07 The Great Debate (London, UK 7/24/11)

CD2:
08 Another Day (Austin, TX 7/7/12)
09 Through My Words/Fatal Tragedy (Montreal, QB 10/7/11)
10 To Live Forever (Huntington, NY 7/19/12)
11 Learning To Live (Tel Aviv, Israel 7/19/11)
12 The Count of Tuscany (London, UK 7/24/11)
13 As I Am (Shibuya, Japan 4/24/12)

Concept : Rai “Weymolith” Beardsley
Produced By John Petrucci
Archive Management & Selection : James LaBrie & John Petrucci
Keeper of the Archives : Maddi Shieferstein
Live Sound Engineer : Nigel Paul (Tracks 1-3, 7, 11-12)
Mixing & Mastering : Richard Chycki
Artwork : Hugh Syme

Fu#king great!!!!! That's a hell of a setlist by itself!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2013, 08:28:34 PM »
Artwork by Hugh Syme? Sounds like a lot more than just a Ytsejam release to me.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2013, 09:53:37 PM »
Artwork by Hugh Syme? Sounds like a lot more than just a Ytsejam release to me.

I'm intrigued by this unreleased art, but it is Syme, so..
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2013, 10:14:20 PM »

So it's gonna look awesome at first glance, in spite the fact that within 5 minutes, someone on DTF will be complaining how there's a piece of cut-off image, watermark, lack of shadow, or something else that's wrong with it.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2013, 10:23:32 PM »

So it's gonna look awesome at first glance, in spite the fact that within 5 minutes, someone on DTF will be complaining how there's a piece of cut-off image, watermark, lack of shadow, or something else that's wrong with it.
:lol

This just seems like something completely out of the blue, so who knows how many little mistakes they'll be complaining about.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2013, 10:27:10 PM »
Still, the fact that they got both Chycki and Syme on it is pretty impressive. I mean, okay, there's always the possibility that they've been planning this release for a while, and asked Syme to make a cover for it while he was working on the DT12 stuff. But even that in itself would suggest that this is a lot more than just a last minute idea.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2013, 10:28:18 PM »
Why blame us for that? Syme is the one who makes those mistakes.

« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2013, 10:30:47 PM »

Well yeah, but I don't care that he does.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2013, 10:34:06 PM »

While that may be, I'm certainly not going to complain about the cover on a free bonus show that DT didn't need to give us at all.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2013, 10:37:43 PM »
While that may be, I'm certainly not going to complain about the cover on a free bonus show that DT didn't need to give us at all.

I might have missed something, but do we know it's gonna be free? I didn't even realize that. I was ready to throw my money at it.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2013, 10:43:50 PM »

I might have missed something, but do we know it's gonna be free? I didn't even realize that. I was ready to throw my money at it.

It will be available at 6:00am Eastern Standard Time and will continue to be available through AT LEAST mid-January....

It will be distributed via BitTorrent so once it's going, who knows how long it will go.

I have chosen a group of people (primarily members of Grateful Dreams Trading) to start downloading the torrent from me on Dec 23rd so there will be PLENTY of seeders once it goes live for the general public. There should be at least 50 seeders at that time so it will be a quick download.

The files are encoded in lossless FLAC. Tagged, with artwork!

Typically, the "6:00 on a Christmas Morning" gifts from DT, in the past, have all been free downloads, a treat for the fans. I don't recall the past ones, but this has been a long-running tradition, IIRC.

Also, for being a wide-spread BitTorrent download, I doubt they could keep track of it to charge money for it. It sounds like it will be completely free of charge. The only issues will be the lag the start where there will undoubtedly be thousands and thousands of leechers and only 50 seeders. After a few hours, though, provided the initial chunk of leechers have decent high-speed connections and leave their seeds running for most of the day (if not ALL day...c'mon, it'll be Christmas), the download rates for the torrent should speed up.

-Marc.