Author Topic: The Safety Fire [OFFICIAL THREAD]  (Read 561 times)

Offline PROGdrummer

The Safety Fire [OFFICIAL THREAD]
« on: November 28, 2013, 09:48:20 AM »
So I havent been able to find any thread on this forum dedicated solely to these guys whatsoever, and that's definitely a problem because they are quite extraordinary. They are a new progressive metal band from London, and they usually tour with bands such as Between The Buried and Me, Periphery, Tesseract, and Protest The Hero. But they dont really have that "djent" quality to alot of their music. It's more energetic and clean sounding, along the lines of BTBAM and more organic sounding than a band like Periphery. They have a pretty impressive vocalist, in my opinion, with good tone in both his aggressive and clean vocals. Incredible bass presence, too.

They are signed to InsideOut Records and have two studio albums, their 2012 debut Grind The Ocean, and theyre latest album that came out on September 2nd, Mouth of Swords.

Are there any fans of these guys here on DTF?  :)  I encourage anyone whose not familiar with them to check them out, you might be just as blown away as I was.

https://www.thesafetyfire.com/

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Re: The Safety Fire [OFFICIAL THREAD]
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 10:01:45 AM »
They're a great band. Both albums are really good, saw them live when they opened for BTBAM and Periphery, and seeing them live in January again when they open for Protest the Hero.  :metal

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 10:09:51 AM »
Loved these guys!  Saw them open for BTBAM, and even got to interview them for an episode of The Jammin Dude Show. 

Planning on picking up Mouth of Swords in the near future.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 10:17:06 AM »

Offline PROGdrummer

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 10:22:04 AM »
we did have one: https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=31115.msg1261788#msg1261788

but a new one is fine

oh, my bad. I truly combed this forum as best I could looking for a thread like that but I must have still missed it. Damn search tool isnt very helpful either  >:(
regardless  :D at least this is front page exposure for the band again.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 10:24:50 AM »
Mouth of Swords is fantastic. This kind of style had been wearing on me a bit, but these guys made a really solid album. Borderline top 10 of the year for me.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.