Author Topic: Where to buy a quality walking cane?  (Read 545 times)

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
Where to buy a quality walking cane?
« on: November 24, 2013, 08:22:52 PM »
My father uses one, his current one is broken but still functional, and he has a birthday coming up.  There seem to be a bunch of online retailers, but I have no way to really know their quality, so I imagine the best advice might be to visit some place local.

I'm thinking something like this.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Where to buy a quality walking cane?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 08:52:40 PM »
Get that stupid one that can stand on its own.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 04:55:09 AM »
Think I'll be needing one soon as well....my knee is givin' me HELL...
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 07:04:26 AM »
My father uses one, his current one is broken but still functional, and he has a birthday coming up.  There seem to be a bunch of online retailers, but I have no way to really know their quality, so I imagine the best advice might be to visit some place local.

I'm thinking something like this.

I would suggest you make a trip to a local gentlemen's outfitter or men's department at some of the finer department stores such as Dillard's and Nordstrom. Check out brands and styles you like that feel sturdy. If you have the means, support the store. If not, take your list of brands and model numbers to Google and see what kind of deal you can get.

Also, in my town the local Tinder Box franchise has an excellent selection of walking canes. Maybe a cigar shop in your town is similar?

[edit] A quick Google led me to this affordable work of art! Cocobolo Knob Cane [/edit]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:10:36 AM by Podaar »
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens