Author Topic: Google AdSense  (Read 1023 times)

Offline NotePad

Google AdSense
« on: February 18, 2014, 12:40:06 AM »
There aren't many forums that I frequent on a very regular basis. Other then here, which I have been posting on pretty regularly for the last couple months or so. So I thought I'd post here to see if I could get some opinions on something regarding websites/blogs.

On a whim I started a blog. It's not much so far, and I'm pretty sure next to no one so far knows about it. The URL is https://nicreport.blogspot.ca/. It's just something I started up for fun at first. I have a lot of opinions on things like art, books, music, movies, and what some may call Pseudoscience. So far I only have a few postings of my own, but I really feel like I could do more with it if I keep at it.

A friend of mine told me about Google AdSense. It sounds great. But I don't know much about it, which really means I haven't talked to anyone who has used it or knows anything about it. Obviously this is the internet we're dealing with, so my first thought is always a skeptical one. Starting AdSense requires me to give my mailing address, and possibly bank account info (not too sure about this one). Now, this is Google, so I feel confident there wouldn't be any type of scam associated with it. But I have never done something like this and I know little about it, except what I have read, but I haven't heard from any individual experience with it.

So if anyone can tell me more about how AdSense works, I'd appreciate greatly to hear from you. I just want to get more acquainted with the concept and how it works.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Re: Google AdSense
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 01:26:54 PM »
Hey Notepad: 

You need traffic before AdSense is worth exploring.  There's nothing wrong with taking a look at it, but keep in mind that it's a service that pays you pennies per click. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 02:23:00 PM »
Yeah what Barry said, you need a lot of followers before even worrying about it.  I have it on some of my youtube videos, I don't get a lot of views and over 2 years, I've made 15 dollars.  Unless you have thousands and thousands of constant views and clicks, it's pretty pointless.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 09:32:44 PM »
Oh really, cuz i just signed up and am waiting for them to review the application etc. I realize what is most likely is that i will make only pennies. But I still want to try it out. I just finished writing something and posted it on my site, which has actually gotten the most views of any of my blog posts. It's about how Chuck Palahniuk went from writing good books to writing, well, garbage books. I thought you could still sign up with out many of any followers, and still make makes pennies, which, like I said, I don't really care because I just want to have this experience and see where it leads.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 04:53:38 PM »
It's always fun to play around with a new technology, but realistically you shouldn't even expect pennies. The reason being, you will be in the lowest pricing tier (I think around $0.01 per click), and to actually get any money, people need to click on the ads on your site.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."