Author Topic: 2014 Setlist Predictions Thread  (Read 66122 times)

Offline dtrox08

Re: 2014 Setlist Predictions Thread
« Reply #665 on: February 25, 2014, 12:29:26 PM »
What's up with this keeping the same exact setlist every show? Will the entire tour be like that? Kind of upsetting. It's not a bad set or anything but I just like when they change it up more.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #666 on: February 25, 2014, 01:39:16 PM »
What's up with this keeping the same exact setlist every show? Will the entire tour be like that? Kind of upsetting. It's not a bad set or anything but I just like when they change it up more.

They want to have a really solid and dialed-in show this time around, both performance-wise and aesthetics-wise, that is the lighting and video show. I think it's a great idea for them to have a specific show that they want everyone to see. If they do a second leg of each region later on, I could see them having a different set though.

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #667 on: February 25, 2014, 09:50:15 PM »
Most bands keep a locked in set per leg. For each tour, there's usually some songs switched around. I've only ever seen DT do completely different sets every night honestly. Plenty of bands switch around songs here and there from time to time or even nightly, but with the production DT's showing off this tour, it's way better to have a permanent set list. There's no way they'll keep the same set for the entire tour cycle of DT12. That makes absolutely no sense to me. I've never seen a band use one permanent set for the entire duration of a tour cycle in support of a new album, especially when the set leaves off 3 of the songs.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #668 on: February 26, 2014, 07:58:47 AM »
Most bands keep a locked in set per leg. For each tour, there's usually some songs switched around. I've only ever seen DT do completely different sets every night honestly. Plenty of bands switch around songs here and there from time to time or even nightly, but with the production DT's showing off this tour, it's way better to have a permanent set list. There's no way they'll keep the same set for the entire tour cycle of DT12. That makes absolutely no sense to me. I've never seen a band use one permanent set for the entire duration of a tour cycle in support of a new album, especially when the set leaves off 3 of the songs.

Bands have done that, Iron Maiden, but I would expect the current set lost to stay the same through all currently scheduled dates. I would expect the set to then change if they tour Europe and NA a second time. Also if the tour extends to 2015, the anniversary songs don't make sense anymore.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #669 on: February 26, 2014, 08:53:26 PM »
PN09/BCSL10 had lots of variation and was aesthetically the best IMO.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #670 on: February 26, 2014, 11:01:18 PM »
For all those vying for A Change of Seasons in this thread: last night I saw Portnoy, Billy Sheehan and Chris Broderick (Megadeth) play Crimson Sunset at the Metal Masters show in Anaheim.  Quite unexpected.

It's not that unexpected if you've seen their live DVD.   ;)

Offline Thierry

« Reply #671 on: April 18, 2014, 01:32:59 AM »
Hello all,

I've seen DT twice this year already in Amsterdam and Dusseldorf. Will they shake up the setlist this summer. I have tickets for 2 shows now Gelsenkirchen and Tilburg, if they play the same set again I'll think I'll try to sell the tickets. I have no desire to see the same show 4 times in a row.

Thoughts?

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #672 on: April 24, 2014, 05:54:07 PM »
I hope so and I might even say I'm predicting so (I really really hope so). Looks like I'm going to go through another few months of withdrawal.. Ooh youtube and DTF how I will miss you again.

I'm hoping-

(FAS intro tape)
The Enemy Inside
This Dying Soul
---
Blind Faith
Enigma Machine
Surrender to Reason
Octavarium

--------intermission--------

Constant Motion
Only a Matter of Time
---(25 years)
Light Fuse and Getaway
The Killing Hand
Outcry
Disappear
Behind the Veil
Along For the Ride
Illumination Theory
----encore------
Take the Time

I am REALLY pleased with the current list, Awake being my favorite album, plus I really wanted to see TSF and FF, so that was really good. Hopefully I'm just as pleased if they do another leg with a new list!

Offline robwebster

« Reply #673 on: April 25, 2014, 12:25:40 AM »
They've said they're likely to make some changes if they revisit markets they've previously played, yes. I don't know how big the changes will be, and I don't know if markets refers to countries or just cities, but they've spoken about modifying the set.