Author Topic: 2014 Setlist Predictions Thread  (Read 66378 times)

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
Re: 2014 Setlist Predictions Thread
« Reply #630 on: January 15, 2014, 06:28:04 AM »

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #631 on: January 15, 2014, 06:55:23 AM »
Clearly made by an amateur, it's only a single-set show!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #632 on: January 15, 2014, 06:57:37 AM »
Let the guesses commence (on setlist.fm)

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2014/coliseu-do-porto-oporto-portugal-3bc58c50.html

:tdwn for this idea!

I don't know what would be ":tdwn" about it other than not being an Evening With show, and thus shorter.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #633 on: January 15, 2014, 12:32:26 PM »
OK my set list prediction.

False Awakening Suite
The Enemy Inside
The Looking Glass
Beyond This Life
Lifting Shadows Off A Dream
Take The Time
The Bigger Picture
Trial Of Tears

A Nightmare To Remember
Only A Matter Of Time
Behind The Veil
Disappear
Surrender To Reason
On The Backs Of Angels
Along For The Ride
Illumination Theory

Encore:
Space Dye Vest
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:39:37 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #634 on: January 15, 2014, 12:58:51 PM »
my set list prediction.

False Awakening Suite
The Enemy Inside
You Not Me
The Looking Glass
Beyond This Life
Enigma Machine
Only A Matter Of Time
The Bigger Picture
Take The Time

The Glass Prison
Lie
Behind The Veil
Surrender To Reason
On The Backs Of Angels
Along For The Ride
The Spirit Carries On
In The Name Of God

Encore:
Space Dye Vest
Illumination Theory

Offline kolahola

« Reply #635 on: January 15, 2014, 12:59:23 PM »
It's my first time with DT, so i seriously NEED them playing The Spirit Carries On. No, they cant play it (almost) every time since Scenes From a Memory and now stop playing it.
It would be like a bad joke, or worse...
I guess it would be great to play a few songs from DT12:  FAS, Enemy Inside, Looking Glass, Along for Ride, IT... and then play some epics like The Count of Tuscany, ACOS, and the rest of amazing songs (The Root of all Evil or This Dying Soul, Learning to Live, Metropolis for sure, Misunderstood, Trial of Tears, and Breaking All Illusions).
Of course a plenty of  Awake and Scenes from a Memory, cause of their 15 and 20 (Scenes: Strange Deja Vu, Home, Dance of Eternity, TSCO...)  (Awake: Scarred, 6:00, Innocence Faded, Scarred, Space Dye Vest)
Oh and I forgot In The Name of God, and an instrumental.

Do you agree?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #636 on: January 15, 2014, 01:10:22 PM »
Space-Dye Vest would be a fine encore, but a terrible choice for the last song of the night.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #637 on: January 15, 2014, 01:16:35 PM »
Space-Dye Vest would be a fine encore, but a terrible choice for the last song of the night.

Agreed, but if you paired it with IT, that would be epic!

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #638 on: January 15, 2014, 01:29:42 PM »
my set list prediction.

False Awakening Suite
The Enemy Inside
You Not Me
The Looking Glass
Beyond This Life
Enigma Machine
Only A Matter Of Time
The Bigger Picture
Take The Time

The Glass Prison
Lie
Behind The Veil
Surrender To Reason
On The Backs Of Angels
Along For The Ride
The Spirit Carries On
In The Name Of God

Encore:
Space Dye Vest
Illumination Theory
Something tells me the bolded song won't be played for at least another eternity.  :P

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #639 on: January 15, 2014, 11:03:23 PM »
I made a version of the set used in Portugal to create a very similar but slightly altered set that I would like for Toronto. I took out OTBOA and replaced it with Misunderstood, took out Lifting Shadows, both to add The Bigger Picture, and because the Awake set is a whole 10 minutes longer than the SFAM encore set, which is pretty unfair. :P I didn't want to include ALL of DT12 minus one song (which I would have to do to keep the set time similar), so I only added TBP. Keep in mind I would still be happy with the set they just used, I just think this is a nice alternative.

False Awakening Suite (tape)
1. The Enemy Inside
2. The Shattered Fortress
3. Misunderstood
4. The Looking Glass
5. Trial of Tears
6. Enigma Machine (w/ drum solo)
7. Along for the Ride
8. Breaking All Illusions
---intermission---
9. The Mirror/
10. Lie
11. Scarred
12. Space-Dye Vest
13. The Bigger Picture
14. Illumination Theory
---encore---
15. Overture 1928
16. Strange Deja Vu
17. The Dance of Eternity
18. Finally Free

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #640 on: January 15, 2014, 11:38:33 PM »
took out Lifting Shadows, both to add The Bigger Picture, and because the Awake set is a whole 10 minutes longer than the SFAM encore set, which is pretty unfair. :P

Honestly, I would've cut Space-Dye Vest before Lifting Shadows. (Space Dye-Vest being slightly longer and Lifting Shadows being the better song in my opinion, but to each their own.  ;D )
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline Jinx

« Reply #641 on: January 16, 2014, 02:12:58 AM »
That SFAM Encore is 26 mins (if they play it at album speed). So they can easily swap that with ACOS or Octavarium. But I think I would prefer the SFAM. My friend who is coming to Wembley with me in Feb wants to see two songs: ACOS and Panic Attack  :metal

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #642 on: January 17, 2014, 12:15:44 AM »
I think at this point it's safe to say we won't see many songs from the last tour. Assuming we get set rotation (so far 2 nights of the same set). I think the SFAM Encore will be exchanged for another Epic. I really have a feeling about ITPOE, it's almost the exact same length. But Also ACOS would probably get a lot of people excited. Also, Breaking all Illusions might get exchanged for In the Name of God? I don't know how established BAI is as a set closer, it's an awesome mini epic and I'm glad it's back but a lot of people have already seen it played aswell and it's been really awesome to see they're clearly trying to vary their sets and dig into their extensive back catalogue.

Also incoming Take The Time.. Okay I dunno, but probably. :P
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:30:21 AM by Rodni Demental »

Offline Jinx

« Reply #643 on: January 17, 2014, 12:45:54 AM »
If there is to be any rotation perhaps we might see it tonight,  the 2nd night in Spain.I'm kinda sad they didnt put LNF or TITL back into the set after they only started playing it on the last US leg last tour. We missed it completely :(

Offline aprilethereal

« Reply #644 on: January 17, 2014, 09:15:47 AM »
I think the SFAM Encore will be exchanged for another Epic. I really have a feeling about ITPOE, it's almost the exact same length.

I guess there is almost zero chance that this will happen. It's SFAM's anniversary, and they are already playing their latest epic. Not only would playing two epics take up a huge lot of time, but also two epics back to back would be a bit too much both for the band and the audience imo.

Also, Breaking all Illusions might get exchanged for In the Name of God?

As much as I love BAI, seeing ITNOG live would be freaking awesome :metal
It might work even better as a set closer than BAI, and it's my in my top 5 DT songs :D

Also incoming Take The Time.. Okay I dunno, but probably. :P

Hopefully not :P

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #645 on: January 17, 2014, 09:22:20 AM »
Yeah, the only song I hope gets swapped out for the US tour is Breaking All Illusions. They played it nearly every night on the first US leg, and then again at every concert in the second leg.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #646 on: January 17, 2014, 09:33:05 AM »
Bosk said that according to Wey there won't be any rotation in the setlists:
No, I know.  But Wey said there would be no rotating, and he is in a position to know, so unless he is deliberately trying to mislead us until a few set lists are out, I would say that is a sure bet.

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #647 on: January 17, 2014, 09:38:29 AM »
No, I know.  But Wey said there would be no rotating, and he is in a position to know, so unless he is deliberately trying to mislead us until a few set lists are out, I would say that is a sure bet.
Does this mean for every show they do the entire tour cycle, or just for the Evening With shows?

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #648 on: January 17, 2014, 09:43:03 AM »

Yeah, but does he mean even between legs? I assume it to be so, but I sure would love for BAI to go bai  bai  :lol
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #649 on: January 17, 2014, 09:44:24 AM »
I assume it to be so, but I sure would love for BAI to go bai  bai  :lol
I approve (and agree) of this  :tup

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #650 on: January 21, 2014, 04:28:39 PM »
I assume it to be so, but I sure would love for BAI to go bai  bai  :lol
I approve (and agree) of this  :tup

If they are going to play songs from ADTOE then Id say stay.  If they are going to get away from playing songs from that album, then I would welcome it leaving.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #651 on: January 21, 2014, 06:01:42 PM »
ADTOE songs should go "Bye Bye-O"

Offline A_Change_Of_Seasons

• Real name, Cesar.
« Reply #652 on: January 22, 2014, 03:53:22 PM »
Really hoping they finally bring back "ACOS" at some point on this tour. It's the only DT song that I still feel I NEED to see.
It's a 50 50% chance that they probably play it live this tour for the North American Leg, and if they do, they will have to change the setlist a little, maybe replacing "TLG" "OTBOA" and "TSF" to play "ACOS" It will either the closing track for the first set, or the closing track of the show. Either way, i'm praying for them to play it live. It's been 10 years since they've played the song live. I think it's time for DT to bring their masterpiece back live, and if they don't on the American Leg, then they will probably bring it on their summer tour. The concert in Riverside will be my first DT concert and it will be amazing if they play it live. If they don't, then i'll go to their second leg North American tour just to hear "ACOS"(If there doing a second leg north american, and if the will actually play it live on their second leg) I'd love to hear the best song i've ever heard in my life live.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #653 on: January 22, 2014, 04:38:37 PM »
It's a 50 50% chance that they probably play it live this tour for the North American Leg, and if they do, they will have to change the setlist a little, maybe replacing "TLG" "OTBOA" and "TSF" to play "ACOS" It will either the closing track for the first set, or the closing track of the show.
There's way less than a 50/50 shot. Especially considering the fact that there's already a 20 minute song. And there's no way that they're removing any of those three songs.

There's no evidence to suggest that there will even be a second leg, or a summer tour, or that it will contain ACoS.
I share in your hope though.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline A_Change_Of_Seasons

• Real name, Cesar.
« Reply #654 on: January 22, 2014, 04:47:09 PM »
It's a 50 50% chance that they probably play it live this tour for the North American Leg, and if they do, they will have to change the setlist a little, maybe replacing "TLG" "OTBOA" and "TSF" to play "ACOS" It will either the closing track for the first set, or the closing track of the show.
There's way less than a 50/50 shot. Especially considering the fact that there's already a 20 minute song. And there's no way that they're removing any of those three songs.

There's no evidence to suggest that there will even be a second leg, or a summer tour, or that it will contain ACoS.
I share in your hope though.
Agree, but i won't loose hope. Theres light at the end of every tunnel, and if they don't happen to play it live. "FF" "TOT"(Trail Of Tears) and "SDV" will make the show for me.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #655 on: January 22, 2014, 04:56:41 PM »
The chance of ACOS coming back this tour is way less than 50%, more like 0.0001%

Offline ninja1125

« Reply #656 on: January 22, 2014, 04:58:18 PM »
This just occured to me now. Why are they not playing any songs from the first album when its the album's 25th anniversary?

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #657 on: January 22, 2014, 05:07:59 PM »
This just occured to me now. Why are they not playing any songs from the first album when its the album's 25th anniversary?

They already did an anniversary thing for that album ten years ago. They played the entire album in full on one day, and a couple songs from the album appeared throughout the tour.

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #658 on: January 22, 2014, 10:33:36 PM »
Honestly, I believe that on the next tour ACOS will get played, considering 2015 is it's 20th anniversary. I wouldn't have said that that means much, but considering what they are doing for Awake...

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #659 on: January 22, 2014, 11:27:16 PM »
I'm not sure how likely this is to happen, but DT could play a 30th anniversary tour next year, with a setlist including something from each album and ACOS as the encore.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #660 on: January 23, 2014, 02:20:52 PM »
For all those vying for A Change of Seasons in this thread: last night I saw Portnoy, Billy Sheehan and Chris Broderick (Megadeth) play Crimson Sunset at the Metal Masters show in Anaheim.  Quite unexpected.

Offline ninja1125

« Reply #661 on: January 23, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »

They already did an anniversary thing for that album ten years ago. They played the entire album in full on one day, and a couple songs from the album appeared throughout the tour.
I know but I would think they would at least play one song considering a 25th anniversary is more significant than 15 and 20 imo.

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #662 on: January 23, 2014, 04:21:28 PM »

I know but I would think they would at least play one song considering a 25th anniversary is more significant than 15 and 20 imo.

I see what you mean, considering it's also their debut, but it's also generally not a fan favourite, especially when compared to Awake and SFAM.

Offline Laughingplace56

« Reply #663 on: January 23, 2014, 10:04:00 PM »
I'm not sure how likely this is to happen, but DT could play a 30th anniversary tour next year, with a setlist including something from each album and ACOS as the encore.
Could we see a Score type DVD commemorating 30 years like they did with their 20th? If the follow the pattern of the last decade or so, they'll finish touring at the end of this year, then next year start on DT13. But since they waited 4 months to start touring, maybe they'll keep touring til spring of 2015 and make the next album come out late 2015/early 2016.

Offline GasparXR

« Reply #664 on: January 23, 2014, 10:31:48 PM »
Could we see a Score type DVD commemorating 30 years like they did with their 20th? If the follow the pattern of the last decade or so, they'll finish touring at the end of this year, then next year start on DT13. But since they waited 4 months to start touring, maybe they'll keep touring til spring of 2015 and make the next album come out late 2015/early 2016.

I definitely foresee the next album not releasing until early 2016, slightly breaking the two year cycle, similar to the gap inbetween SFAM and SDOIT.