Author Topic: DT songs list in A > Y order  (Read 2105 times)

Offline d-tailer

DT songs list in A > Y order
« on: November 14, 2013, 12:36:36 AM »
As I've been exploring the DT archives of albums & concerts,  here's a Wiki of their complete songs list that's been useful, in conjunction with Letter M's albums & songs index - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_recorded_by_Dream_Theater

Also this discography includes tracklists of the concert albums: https://www.listal.com/list/dream-theater-discography

Just thought they would be of interest for others trying to catch up with DT's extensive collection.

Offline Sycsa

Re: DT songs list in A > Y order
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 03:42:51 AM »
DT needs to start writing songs starting with G K Q X and Z. The neglected letters, concept album.

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 06:53:03 AM »
DT needs to start writing songs starting with G K Q X and Z. The neglected letters, concept album.

I always saw variations in how song titles or bands that begin with "The" are alphabetized.  Some places use "The" as the first word, other places I've seen use the word after "The."  I'm not even sure what is technically correct.

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 07:32:53 AM »

I always saw variations in how song titles or bands that begin with "The" are alphabetized.  Some places use "The" as the first word, other places I've seen use the word after "The."  I'm not even sure what is technically correct.
Uncanny, I was thinking the very same thing when I posted my comment. I have a rock encyclopedia which lists it like "Flower Kings, The". Anyway, with this method we have G and K crossed out, only the most obscure of letters remain.  :)

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline d-tailer

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 07:37:08 PM »
Hey Sycsa - I hadn't considered making the thread a song title/theme suggestions topic, but why not? It might be a bit of fun and give the guys some ideas/inspiration (as if they'd give a f##k).

The trickier letters could be X and Z but here's a few theme words that come to mind (in no particular order):

Xenophobia/ic, or maybe drop the 'e' off 'ex-' words like X-treme

Zero-,  Zeal/ot/ous,  Zombie/s, Zodiac

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 07:41:53 PM »
or maybe drop the 'e' off 'ex-' words like X-treme

Offline d-tailer

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 10:58:58 AM »
Well unsaid Bolsters - shame on me for murdering the spelling. My only excuse is I couldn't think of other words starting with 'X' to base a theme on - but if you think phonetically, X-words make more sense than using 'ph' to sound like 'ffff'.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 08:29:16 PM »
For the letter X: Xanadoodoo
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 08:38:03 PM »
Hey _floyd, clean out your PM's, will ya?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 08:41:46 PM »
Oh shit! Will do :blush Or you can also add me on FB so the full inbox will never be an issue again.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 10:09:48 PM »
For the letter X: Xanadoodoo

I thought we were talking about a DT song and not my Olivia Newton John pooping fetish.....