Author Topic: New Jake E Lee song- Red Dragon Cartel  (Read 5679 times)

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
Re: New Jake E Lee song- Red Dragon Cartel
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2013, 06:16:11 AM »
https://reddragoncartel.com/jake-e-lees-red-dragon-cartel-official-first-press-release-go-to-our-home-page-and-join-the-cartel/

RED DRAGON CARTEL TO RELEASE THEIR SELF-TITLED DEBUT VIA FRONTIERS RECORDS

New Album by Band Comprised of Former Ozzy Osbourne/Badlands Guitar Legend Jake E. Lee, Bassist Ronnie Mancuso, Vocalist D.J. Smith and Drummer Jonas Fairley Set for Release on January 28th

(New York, NY – November XX, 2013) – The newest band ready to take aim at the creative void in the hard rock world, Red Dragon Cartel, are set to release their debut album via Frontiers Records. The self-titled debut by the band made up of guitar legend Jake E. Lee, bassist Ronnie Mancuso, singer D.J. Smith and drummer Jonas Fairley is set for release on January 28th. Jake E. Lee is best known for his work in Badlands and as guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne on Bark at the Moon and The Ultimate Sin albums. Red Dragon Cartel also features various guest appearances from some of music’s most notable faces including legendary Cheap Trick vocalist Robin Zander, original Iron Maiden vocalist Paul Di’Anno, Kill Devil Hill/Pantera bassist Rex Brown, Slash’s Conspirators Todd Kearns and Brent Fitz and In This Moment front woman Maria Brink. The album was produced by Ronnie Mancuso and Jake E. Lee and was executive produced, mixed and mastered by Kevin Churko (In This Moment, Ozzy Osbourne, Five Finger Death Punch).

From the opening riff of “Deceived” to final sustained piano chord of “Exquisite Tenderness,” it is clear Red Dragon Cartel has created an album that stands amongst some of the greatest hard rock albums of all time. Infectious songs such as “Shout It Out,” “Wasted” and “Slave” showcase the band’s ability to write memorable hooks and vocal melodies. Robin Zander of Cheap Trick lends his voice to the track “Feeder” and a lyric video for the song can be seen at https://tinyurl.com/FeederLyricVideo. Maria Brink of In This Moment lends her unique vocals to the track “Big Mouth.” Jake E. Lee’s trademark playing style instantly shines through and picks up right where he left off. The album is available for pre-order on Amazon.com at https://amzn.to/1aYjMng or digitally on iTunes at that comes with an instant download of “Deceived.”

The track listing for Red Dragon Cartel is:

1.   Deceived

2.   Shout It Out

3.   Feeder (featuring Robin Zander of Cheap Trick)

4.   Fall From The Sky

5.   Wasted (With Paul DiAnno)

6.   Slave

7.   Big Mouth (featuring Maria Brink of In This Moment)

8.   War Machine

9.   Redeem Me (with Sass Jordan)

10. Exquisite Tenderness

BTW, the online radio station that debuted Deceived and War Machine also debuted Wasted earlier this week. I though it was okay, but I'm not a big fan of modern day Paul Di'Anno.

I do hope that the band decides to just have DJ sing on all the songs on the next RDC album.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2013, 06:26:00 AM »
Killer.  Robin.  F*cking.  Zander on vocals.  AWESOME.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2013, 07:08:06 AM »
Ugh, why is Maria fucking Brink guesting on a song :x

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2013, 10:24:05 AM »
Killer.  Robin.  F*cking.  Zander on vocals.  AWESOME.

You can actually listen to the song that he sings on. Lowdz linked it at the very bottom of the previous page, if you missed it. I'll just quote the post here though, to save you some time. :tup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9u29BGS0QY&feature=youtu.be

Another new full song.
It's ok.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2013, 11:35:58 AM »
Funny enough, I listened to that song, made my post, and hadn't even realized I'd missed the thread going onto a new page.  :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2013, 03:41:52 PM »
From listening to some clips from the gig last night darren Smith is no Ray Gillen. He's not even Ian Gillan  :biggrin:. They are gonna have to drop the Badlands songs.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2013, 03:43:25 PM »
Darren singing anything from either Gillan just doesn't work for me on paper at all.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline NunoTenniscourt

• President of my uncle's Anti-Nepotism Organization
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2013, 03:43:42 PM »

The show from the Whiskey Thursday night was an embarrassing disaster, and I hope the goofy ass singer is fired. He not only butchered the songs, but trash talked the audience.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2013, 03:44:55 PM »

The show from the Whiskey Thursday night was an embarrassing disaster, and I hope the goofy ass singer is fired. He not only butchered the songs, but trash talked the audience.

Please do tell...
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2013, 08:42:01 PM »

That's his personality. He's got a far bigger ego than his level of talent. He's good in the studio, but not that good live, or much of a frontman.  He should stick to the kit, not the mic.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2013, 08:42:30 PM »

Yeah, I heard about that. Apparently he was incredibly drunk when the show started. I'm incredibly disappointed to hear about it, but yeah, if that's how Darren is going to behave and handle himself, then I think Jake needs to find a new singer.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2013, 02:37:30 AM »

With a personality like Jake returning to the rock world, this is one thing he does not need at all.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2013, 06:00:41 AM »
From listening to some clips from the gig last night darren Smith is no Ray Gillen. He's not even Ian Gillan  :biggrin:. They are gonna have to drop the Badlands songs.

Looking at the clips I think he needs to drop Darren.   Jake is a little sloppy in parts compared to his heyday but overall is playing better than I expected/hoped  :tup  (he's a legend  :hefdaddy  ) but Darren is far worse than I could've imagined and seems off his face to boot.

Here's a clip of Bark at the Moon and you can see other links to badlands stuff etc... at the side.    He tells the audience they suck around 0.37 - he obviously can't hear himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYflF51fagg

jake needs someone to pick vocalists for him I think - Darren's a huge improvement on Mandy Lion  ;D

Here'a a demo from a bloke who missed out - sounds like Ray Gillen reincarnated.

https://soundcloud.com/andypow/roy-cathey-high-wire-for-jake

I hope Jake can sort this out as it's a bit of a dream to see him playing stuff like The Ultimate Sin live again,
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 06:18:43 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Mister Gold

• Human
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2013, 10:55:27 AM »
Darren just made an official apology for his behavior to the rest of the band and all of the fans.

No excuses! I fucked up. I can’t believe the band is sticking with me.
With the most sincere apologies to the band and all the Jake fans, you deserved better
and your going to get it.

Sincerely,

Darren James Smith
https://reddragoncartel.com/from-darren-james-smith-all-apologies/

Hopefully he'll do better from here on out. At the very least, I give him props for owning up to his behavior and apologizing. It shouldn't have happened in the first place, but considering other singers who've demonstrated poor behavior in the past several years without an form of apology (i.e. Geoff Tate), I appreciate that Darren made a formal apology.
Where I, the Cosmic Sea

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »
Is that Rory Cathey who sang for Cold Sweat after Oni Logan bailed for Lynch Mob? If so he is a great singer. Was saving Cold Sweat for Chad's roulette so don't go looking that up just yet matey!  :biggrin:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2013, 03:20:20 PM »
Is that Rory Cathey who sang for Cold Sweat after Oni Logan bailed for Lynch Mob? If so he is a great singer. Was saving Cold Sweat for Chad's roulette so don't go looking that up just yet matey!  :biggrin:

That's the guy - Ferrari's band wasn't it (I think they were originally just called Ferrari).  He would've been good for Lynch Mob himself IMO....Cold Sweat aren't unlike LM in parts.   

I'll have to dig around for that CD and listen today - won't post it in the album thread though  ;D    BTW I did like the Tiluland but in the end found it a little bit same-ish/soulless and not something I would play regularly.   
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:32:04 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2013, 08:46:22 AM »
I read a while ago that Jake was working with Sass Jordan. That would have been much better than this clown.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2013, 08:59:19 AM »
Here's a clip of Bark at the Moon and you can see other links to badlands stuff etc... at the side.    He tells the audience they suck around 0.37 - he obviously can't hear himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYflF51fagg

???  That link is taking me to a Dave Meniketti song.  And, hey, I'm certainly the LAST one to complain about anyone sharing the Meniketti love.  But I think you linked to the thing.

That said, this is a GREAT song that you linked to, and I highly recommend that everyone check it out.  I've covered it a bunch of times myself, and it's a blast to play.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2013, 09:04:44 AM »
Sorry - was posting here and in a poll involving Meniketti around the same time and must've stuffed up my copy/paste

Here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zia2mFpBLXQ

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2013, 09:10:55 AM »
Yeah, that singer was awful. He forgot most of the words, and was an idiot of a frontman there.
From the samples I've heard, even his studio vocals are only marginal, so it's not like he's a huge asset vocally to make up for it. Surely Jake E Lee could have found someone better willing to front his band. ???

And Jake E Lee was still sounding pretty good. He can still nail that solo. One of the best rock solos ever! :metal
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2013, 09:13:07 AM »
Sorry - was posting here and in a poll involving Meniketti around the same time and must've stuffed up my copy/paste

Really?  Where was this poll?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2013, 09:15:57 AM »
Darren Smith was a great backing vocalist/drummer and occasional singer for Harem Scarem but it's a bit like recruiting Michael Anthony as your lead vocalist ...........great in theory but unlikely to work.

Great vocalists were falling over themselves for this so no idea why Jake went with Darren - apparently he saw him on Facebook or something  ???
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:21:45 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2013, 09:19:19 AM »

Really?  Where was this poll?

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=40128.0

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2013, 09:19:57 AM »
Darren Smith was a great backing vocalist and occasional singer for Harem Scarem but it's a bit like recruiting Michael Anthony as your lead vocalist ...........great in theory but unlikely to work.

Great vocalists were falling over themselves for this so no idea why Jake went with Darren - apparently he saw him on Facebook or something  ???

I'd like to know what Jake saw in him over other contenders. I'm still highly anticipating this album though.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2013, 10:14:20 AM »
Darren Smith was a great backing vocalist/drummer and occasional singer for Harem Scarem but it's a bit like recruiting Michael Anthony as your lead vocalist ...........great in theory but unlikely to work.

Darren did a good job with the Heaven's Fire album this year - Judgement Day.  The only YT clips are from a live show earlier in the summer.  He is a bit of a clown, but he's got a good voice.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2013, 10:19:51 AM »

Darren did a good job with the Heaven's Fire album this year - Judgement Day.  The only YT clips are from a live show earlier in the summer.  He is a bit of a clown, but he's got a good voice.

Did you say Y&T?  :caffeine:

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2013, 03:22:37 PM »
Can't say I've been impressed with Darren so far at all; neither studio clips or live clips.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2013, 05:29:38 PM »

yeah - I'm aware of Heaven's Fire and also have this one

I'm just not sure I see him as full time lead vocalist material.   Having said that I love Sentimental Blvd and Staying Away by HS.

Small doses perhaps.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2013, 11:48:41 PM »
Deceived kicks ass. I don't like Feeder very much, but I'm still stoked for the rest of the album. Jake is one of my favorite guitar players.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2014, 10:31:23 AM »
Video is up for Deceived.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1zPls_cYc0

I still think the vocalist brings them down a bit, but Jake E. Lee has still got it, and this song is growing on me. I think this is gonna be a pretty solid hard rock album if the rest is of this quality.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2014, 10:44:05 AM »
Get a new singer, Jake. Guy just doesn't work. Good song otherwise.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2014, 11:03:04 AM »
I like it  :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2014, 11:05:53 AM »
Good song, but yeah... Darren doesn't sound so hot.  I like him as a vocalist, so this song doesn't bug me too much.  But he's got this whiney twang in his enunciation that makes me thing he's trying to be more Ozzy-like.  Plus, the production has him sounding like he's in a metal box - very "tin"-ey.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2014, 11:30:55 AM »
Red Dragon Cartel is #65 on Amazon's Rock chart. Preorder that bish now!

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2014, 02:41:29 PM »
I love this track. Jake is on fire. Throws in a quick Thank God For The Bomb pulloff/harmonic thing in the solo too.
Singer seems a bit of a tosser but I don't mind the vocal here. Certainly seems Jake is aiming at his Ozzy fanbase (and maybe auditioning for a return?).