Author Topic: 6:00 in 360 Degrees Appreciation  (Read 1355 times)

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
6:00 in 360 Degrees Appreciation
« on: November 11, 2013, 04:18:18 PM »
I finally got to watch the 360 degrees "app" for 6:00 last night and I thought it was pretty cool for the guys to put that together.  Yeah, it's a little hard to follow sometimes as JLB moves around for example, but one thing I totally thought was great was zooming in on JR from MM's perspective and watching the "eye" cues he gives MM, and then zooming in on MM from JR's perspective and watching how they "communicate."  What you get from this view (IMHO) is to really be able to focus on what these guys are doing even when they're not at the forefront of the song, and see (in pretty decent detail I might add) how they communicate and interact with each other at a much closer level than normal.

Anyway, I thought it was a great little addition to the deluxe package and had fun viewing it.  What did other folks think of it?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: 6:00 in 360 Degrees Appreciation
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't have a BR player on my computer, so I can't use it.  :(  What you are describing sounds really cool.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 04:23:29 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't have a BR player on my computer, so I can't use it.  :(  What you are describing sounds really cool.

Exactly this. Is there any way for those who don't have a BD player on a PC to enjoy the mativision app?
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 04:32:43 PM »

Exactly this. Is there any way for those who don't have a BD player on a PC to enjoy the mativision app?

The app and associated info/passcode came as a small leaflet inside the deluxe box set and was not associated with the BR disc.  I played it straight off my computer (without a BR player) based on the website it sends you to and the passcode they give you.  Once you go through the process though, it clearly says on the website that the passcode and download are only active once, so you can only download it one time to one device (you can still watch it multiple times, but only on the device you downloaded it to).  Sorry to those that don't have access to this.

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 04:44:29 PM »
I'm wondering isn't there a way to buy this without buying a $100 book?  :-\

I guess I can't really complain, the deluxe thing is a pretty cool package overall. The only thing that sucked about the way that they released this is that the Outcry multi-angle is not on the DVD.

I'd really love to see this 6:00 thing, it sounds great. Especially because somehow throughout the production of this DVD there wasn't a single person who though of the brilliant idea to maybe use a shot of the greatest singer in the world when he hits a G#5  >:( >:( :censored

Sorry I'm in complaint mode. This performance was absolutely unbelievable, and while the production is good, there's a few problems with it. Overall that makes for a freakin awesome DVD, of course.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 04:46:07 PM »
Oh, that's right.  I forgot that it only comes with the deluxe.  Okay, yeah, so I'm doubly not going to see it then.  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline NickySpanjaards

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 08:38:44 AM »
I'm wondering isn't there a way to buy this without buying a $100 book?  :-\

I guess I can't really complain, the deluxe thing is a pretty cool package overall. The only thing that sucked about the way that they released this is that the Outcry multi-angle is not on the DVD.

I'd really love to see this 6:00 thing, it sounds great. Especially because somehow throughout the production of this DVD there wasn't a single person who though of the brilliant idea to maybe use a shot of the greatest singer in the world when he hits a G#5  >:( >:( :censored

Sorry I'm in complaint mode. This performance was absolutely unbelievable, and while the production is good, there's a few problems with it. Overall that makes for a freakin awesome DVD, of course.

Yeah it's a shame they didn't use a shot of that note. And that is not the only one, it's on multiple times of the dvd/bluray that James hits a high note and they completely ignore a shot of him and instead film other members of the band.

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 09:17:14 AM »
Exactly. Far too many moments like that. I was about to *insert something here* if they were gonna skip over a shot of him at the end of BMU BMD, but they didn't, and look at how AWESEOME that shot turned out because of it. And then of course there's the Octavarium shot we all know so well.

Offline BFRedrocks

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 04:22:28 PM »
The cool thing about the 360 app is that you can practically zoom in on James' face to capture those crazy high notes, although he does move around a lot, so you can get a little dizzy rotating the camera to follow him.  :lol

Too bad it's only for one song though, as it could be interesting watching the concert from each of the member's vantage point.

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 05:10:46 PM »
I saw the title and my brain went "6:00 Degrees :neverusethis: "

I would love to see it, but unfortunately I didn't order the deluxe edition. D: