Author Topic: Luna Park: My box came ripped! Be careful in buying at myplaydirect  (Read 11417 times)

Offline Bootstrap

Re: Luna Park: My box came ripped! Be careful in buying at myplaydirect
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2013, 01:28:33 PM »
  The best I can do - before it's too late - is to call my credit card and recover my money and forget this horrible experience was buying with MyPlayDirect.
When looking into other complaints against these guys, I read from somebody who had a similar experience and disputed the charge with his CC company. They were happy to oblige, but MPD recharged his card almost immediately. I'm not suggesting not to dispute the charge, I still would. I am suggesting that you pay close attention to what happens afterward.

In some of my research on google I read about it: you cancel the purchase and they charge again almost immediately.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2013, 01:39:12 PM »
Well what do you know! After only 9 days the slow boat to china has responded to my email!!!

This is what I received.

"

Hello Richard,

Sorry for the late response. We've been having a significantly large amount of emails.

Unfortunately it's too late to cancel your order. It has already shipped.

Shipping details are on your order status page:

https://www.myplaydirect.com/dream-theater/orders/E254451C23

You can certainly return the item(s) for a full refund.

Here is how:

Please re-package your item(s) in the original shipping container and ship them to the address below:

MyPlay Direct

C/O Provident-Integrity Distribution

Attn: Return RMA# RWS1933191

468 McNally Drive

Nashville, TN 37211

United States

IMPORTANT: Write your RMA number in large letters on the OUTSIDE of the shipping container.

Please also remember that we can only issue a refund if your items arrive in like-new condition. Media (CDs, DVDs etc.) must be unopened.

Once your item(s) have been received and inspected a refund of your purchase price will be processed.

Please note that it may take up to 2 billing cycles for the credit to appear on your statement after we receive your returned items.
Sincerely,
Liahona
MyPlay Direct
How is our Customer Service?"

Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2013, 01:53:06 PM »
 Now finally will begin to answer?

Tick​​, what day you sent the first email to them? And what was the number generated in the automated email? The title of the email has a number ... you can tell me what it was? I want to know if the emails are answered in order.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2013, 02:05:41 PM »

Tick​​, what day you sent the first email to them? And what was the number generated in the automated email? The title of the email has a number ... you can tell me what it was? I want to know if the emails are answered in order.
I sent that email on Nov. 6th. the number is 61627

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2013, 02:15:27 PM »

I sent that email on Nov. 6th. the number is 61627

Thanks, Tick.

My first email was sent on November 7 and the number is 63050.

It appears that the large increase in claims occurred just between day 6 and 7.

Just out of curiosity, I sent a new email today and generated number was 69416.

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2013, 04:55:40 AM »
After the weekend, starting again the sad routine of sending email and tweet to MyPlayDirect and stand like a fool waiting for answer.

11 days (and counting) with no answer and unable to see / hear anything from my box.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2013, 05:05:12 AM »
After the weekend, starting again the sad routine of sending email and tweet to MyPlayDirect and stand like a fool waiting for answer.

11 days (and counting) with no answer and unable to see / hear anything from my box.

You're gonna just have to start calling, dude. Once you get the right number, you'll move a lot fast through the process I'm sure.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2013, 06:03:43 AM »

You're gonna just have to start calling, dude. Once you get the right number, you'll move a lot fast through the process I'm sure.
Calling?  :lol
That's funny.

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2013, 03:03:45 PM »

I'd love to find a number  to call them. I've searched a lot and found nothing. Even the numbers posted here on the topic unfortunately say they can not help at all.

I also sent some tweets to Dream Theater's twitter asking for some help, but got no answer.

I have also tried to contact Sony, who apparently owns the MyPlyDirect, but - again - got no answer.

So, all I can do now is send emails and post here in this topic to complain...  :sad:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 03:12:27 PM by Bootstrap »

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2013, 06:13:44 AM »
Got another email from them today asking if I got the product and am satisfied.  It came with a survey. I took the survey which included some lengthy notes voicing my displeasure with the company and remarking how many other unhappy customers they have, At the end I wrote something to the effect of...I don't why I am bothering to write all this, you guys will never even read it!

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2013, 06:34:26 AM »
Got another email from them today asking if I got the product and am satisfied.  It came with a survey. I took the survey which included some lengthy notes voicing my displeasure with the company and remarking how many other unhappy customers they have, At the end I wrote something to the effect of...I don't why I am bothering to write all this, you guys will never even read it!

This was the only email I received from them. I even started to answer the survey in a serious way, but then I remembered that they really will not even read this.

Tick, do you have already sent your item back to them?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2013, 06:44:52 AM »

This was the only email I received from them. I even started to answer the survey in a serious way, but then I remembered that they really will not even read this.

Tick, do you have already sent your item back to them?
No Bootstrap, I actually kept it to make life easy and returned the Best Buy copy. I don't trust this company enough to try and do a return with them. It could take months to be refunded if at all. I got the 17 bucks I paid for my second copy at Best Buy, and I kept my less than pristine condition 25 dollar copy I got from,  My bowel movement direct.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2013, 05:28:54 AM »
One by one they are responding to my multiple scathing emails. Each one with a similar generic response. The latest...

"Hello Richard,

Sorry for the late response and for your dismay. We've been having a significantly large amount of emails.

If you decide not to keep the item once it arrives please email us for return instructions and an RMA number. Please don't return the item without an RMA number. Our warehouse won't be able to process it.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
Sincerely,
Liahona
MyPlay Direct

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2013, 06:34:03 AM »
One by one they are responding to my multiple scathing emails. Each one with a similar generic response. The latest...

"Hello Richard,

Sorry for the late response and for your dismay. We've been having a significantly large amount of emails.

If you decide not to keep the item once it arrives please email us for return instructions and an RMA number. Please don't return the item without an RMA number. Our warehouse won't be able to process it.

Sincerely,
Liahona
MyPlay Direct

So far I have not had any of my 15 emails answered.

Tick, this response you received nowis  about your second email, right?   Did you have the number generated for this when you sent? I remember the number of your first email was 61627.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2013, 06:40:10 AM »

"Hello Richard,

Sincerely,
Liahona
MyPlay Direct

So far I have not had any of my 15 emails answered.

Tick, this response you received nowis  about your second email, right?   Did you have the number generated for this when you sent? I remember the number of your first email was 61627.
This is the third response of 4 emails I sent, so slowly they are replying. All my emails basically said the same thing..."you guys suck, bla bla bla...etc".

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2013, 06:58:27 AM »

This is the third response of 4 emails I sent, so slowly they are replying. All my emails basically said the same thing..."you guys suck, bla bla bla...etc".

So my emails are actually being ignored. My first email is number 63050.

Logically, should I have already been answered. But this company does not have any logic, then I can not be sure of anything.

Tick, the answers you are getting are being sent through which sender?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2013, 07:10:50 AM »

Logically, should I have already been answered. But this company does not have any logic, then I can not be sure of anything.

I'm not sure what you are asking? They go to my Yahoo email. Is that helpful?

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2013, 08:25:37 AM »

I'm not sure what you are asking? They go to my Yahoo email. Is that helpful?

About the answer, I ask through email which was answered. For example, in the case of automatic responses the answer always comes through email help@myplaydirect.com.

Tick, can you do me a big favor? As apparently they are giving attention to your mail, can you please ask about my requests? Maybe then they respond.

These are the numbers of my requests:

63050, 64399, 66482, 66027, 66870, 67682, 68802, 69404, 71478, 72967, 73131 and 74393

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2013, 09:09:24 AM »
I'll do it.

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2013, 09:11:52 AM »

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2013, 09:29:25 AM »
This is funny. So, due to the massive amounts of emails, which most costumers sent a fuck load of I'm guessing, they can't respond as quickly, right? Would they have responded quicker if the customers hadn't sent more than 1 email?

It sucks your copy arrived damaged, but they apparently are a big distribution if they have automated bull system.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2013, 09:36:22 AM »
This is funny. So, due to the massive amounts of emails, which most costumers sent a fuck load of I'm guessing, they can't respond as quickly, right? Would they have responded quicker if the customers hadn't sent more than 1 email?

It sucks your copy arrived damaged, but they apparently are a big distribution if they have automated bull system.
Well I'd be willing to bet Bootstrap gave them ample time to respond to the first one. They say in the automated response they will respond in most cases within 24 hours. Well that becomes 4 days its more than a little frustrating. There suckiness created there own bed. They suck.

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2013, 09:54:44 AM »

Well I'd be willing to bet Bootstrap gave them ample time to respond to the first one. They say in the automated response they will respond in most cases within 24 hours. Well that becomes 4 days its more than a little frustrating. There suckiness created there own bed. They suck.

I understand your argument, Ben_Jamin.  And trust me:  In the first 8 emails I respected the deadline that they determine. (24 hours).

But from the moment that you realize that the company is not giving a damn about you, is natural that this happens: an avalanche of e-mails.

And everything indicates that if I remain just waiting and not keep pushing they will simply ignore me forever.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2013, 10:17:35 AM »
How long has it been since you first emailed them?  2 weeks?  At this point, i would dispute the charge

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2013, 10:21:47 AM »
How long has it been since you first emailed them?  2 weeks?  At this point, i would dispute the charge
Good point. Its hard to argue against it at this point since he has damaged goods and wants to return it. They won't respond. What else should you do, accept it and take it up the poop shoot?

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2013, 11:41:41 AM »

Tomorrow will make two weeks since the first email.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2013, 12:23:04 PM »
At this point, best case scenario is you dispute it, the credit card company refunds your money and you get to keep the damaged inferior product. 

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2013, 08:31:17 PM »
 Several teenagers are freaking out on twitter because MyPlayDirect is not delivering a kind of invitation to a meeting between fans and a singer that will be next week. The number of tweets against MyPlayDirect substantially increase these days.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2013, 02:43:56 PM »
Still nothing???

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2013, 11:40:03 PM »
Damn....DT need to ditch this company. Its making them look bad.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2013, 01:57:43 PM »
Still nothing???

No answer until today, 16 days after receiving the product. By the amount of claims against the company on twitter, MyDirectPlay must be a complete mess.

As I have lost all hope of a contact, yesterday I got in touch with the company of my credit card and asked what were the steps to recover my money.  They were very helpful and gave me all the instructions.

The same night I joined all email I sent to MyDirectPlay, all attempts to contact for twitter (53 attempts). I demonstrated that even my desire to send the product back to them was being frustrated by them, since they do not respond to me what address should I send and wich is the RMA number.

Next week the credit card company will contact me and let me know the next steps.

Any news I come back here to update.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2013, 07:46:49 AM »
Wow, that place sounds terrible.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2013, 08:13:02 AM »
Godspeed!

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2013, 03:41:52 AM »
Still nothing???

No answer until today, 16 days after receiving the product. By the amount of claims against the company on twitter, MyDirectPlay must be a complete mess.

As I have lost all hope of a contact, yesterday I got in touch with the company of my credit card and asked what were the steps to recover my money.  They were very helpful and gave me all the instructions.

The same night I joined all email I sent to MyDirectPlay, all attempts to contact for twitter (53 attempts). I demonstrated that even my desire to send the product back to them was being frustrated by them, since they do not respond to me what address should I send and wich is the RMA number.

Next week the credit card company will contact me and let me know the next steps.

Any news I come back here to update.

This is disgusting.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.