Author Topic: Luna Park: My box came ripped! Be careful in buying at myplaydirect  (Read 11414 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Re: Luna Park: My box came ripped! Be careful in buying at myplaydirect
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2013, 06:37:53 AM »
I sent an email regarding Bootstrap a few days ago and got this response this morning...

"Hello Richard,

We're sorry for the inconvenience.We are receiving volumes of emails than usual that's why it took us a long time to respond.Thank you for providing us a chance to look into his emails. I've already replied to Mr. Flavio Grossi

Here's the message:

We're very sorry for the inconvenience we have brought you,you deserve much of our apology for not responding to your emails.It's just that we are receiving high volumes of emails at this moment so we cannot respond to all of you guys ASAP.

I've checked the pictures.We're sorry the Deluxe Book was damaged from your order. I've already created an order for a free replacement. You'll see an order confirmation email in a few minutes. Within the next two business days you should see a ship confirmation email.

To check status,please see link: https://www.myplaydirect.com/dream-theater/orders/A096E12DFA

Again Thank you very much for your time.
Sincerely,
Philice Sweet
MyPlay Direct
How is our Customer Service?"
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2013, 08:17:22 PM »
Philice Sweet? Sounds like a character from Wreck-It-Ralph.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
 After 21 days I finally received this response that the Tick posted above.

Today it was confirmed that the new book was sent. The deadline that passed me going until the 26th of December. Let's see if it will be all right this time.

Once I get it I come back with the news.

I am very pleased with the attention that many have given me here. Thank you very much.

And thank you especially to Tick, for helping me a lot for sending emails to MyPlayDirect. I have no doubt that this was decisive!

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2013, 06:12:18 AM »
After 21 days I finally received this response that the Tick posted above.

Today it was confirmed that the new book was sent. The deadline that passed me going until the 26th of December. Let's see if it will be all right this time.

Once I get it I come back with the news.

I am very pleased with the attention that many have given me here. Thank you very much.

And thank you especially to Tick, for helping me a lot for sending emails to MyPlayDirect. I have no doubt that this was decisive!
:tup

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2013, 10:03:14 AM »
Glad to see you've finally made some progress.  I was feeling bad for you every time I popped in here.  And good job, Tick!
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2013, 10:14:28 AM »
Glad to see the arseholes woke up.   :tup

Offline nemonius

« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2013, 12:42:45 AM »
Still haven't received my LALP. It was shipped in 8th of november from States (I live in Finland). it was a little surprice because Dream Theater -album was shipped from Europe and it came the same it was published. I decided to wait... Estimated Delivery: November 18, 2013 to December 2, 2013.

My patience is at the end of the line. Gonna get the bluray from store and return the shipped one. Can't wait no longer! :)

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2013, 05:37:02 AM »
Still haven't received my LALP. It was shipped in 8th of november from States (I live in Finland). it was a little surprice because Dream Theater -album was shipped from Europe and it came the same it was published. I decided to wait... Estimated Delivery: November 18, 2013 to December 2, 2013.

My patience is at the end of the line. Gonna get the bluray from store and return the shipped one. Can't wait no longer! :)
Damn! F**ing ridiculous! At this point maybe they'll sent you the BluRay from the next tour as a bonus for waiting so long! It will probably be out by then! :facepalm:

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2014, 12:47:52 PM »
  To all friends who accompany my long journey to get the replace of my Luna Park box:

I still have NOT received the box that MyPlayDirect promised to send me.

As saw in previous posts, on November 28 MyPlayDirect sent an email saying "you deserve much of our apology" and on December 2 (finally!) I received confirmation that a new box had been sent and that the delivery time was between December 12 and December 26.

But unfortunately as I've imagined, so far I have not received anything.

Worse, the credit card company DENIED the dispute by amount paid. At first, the credit card company returned the money as soon as I made the complaint. But now, on the current bill, a new charge was taken on behalf of the MyPlayDirect Inc.

2 months and 3 days waiting for a solution. 2 months begging for something that should be my right.

Seriously, I've never felt so mistreated by a company in my whole life. I really very sorry that the band that I love  have done business with this MyPlayDirect.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2014, 04:49:34 PM »
Man, that sucks.  I feel bad for you having to deal with this crap, but also embarassed for DT because this looks bad on them, too.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2014, 03:00:38 PM »
So wait, you got your money back for the first box set but were charged for the second?  Assuming you get the second one in perfect condition, that is fair (although you should be credited some cash on top of that).  Think of it this way, you can sell the one you currently have at a big discount...maybe 30 or 40 bucks, to someone on ebay or amazon that dont care as much about the rip.  That way its like you got your discount afterall.  Still sucks how they treated you.

If they charged you twice, make sure you are credited for one of those. 

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »
 This week, finally received the box I requested in November 2013, replacing my defective box that I received.

This time, the MyDirectPlay is only partially guilty by this huge delay. I requested to return in early November and only made MyPlayDirect shipping in early December. This was the MyDirectPlay part of the delay.

But the Brazilian Federal Revenue Service took forever to release the package. I honestly just thought I'd never get it.

Anyway, I wanted to leave here recorded that I finally received =)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2014, 10:42:40 PM »
Wow, over three months later, you finally have it.  Congratulations!  Seriously, you get some kind of award.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2014, 01:25:52 PM »
Wow, man, what a story! 

I'd agree that Dream Theater should avoid doing any business with MyBoneYourAssPlayDirect in the future.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2014, 01:40:12 PM »
And he was never heard from again....

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2014, 05:37:21 PM »
And now we find out that Bootstrap is actually Kevin Moore.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"