Author Topic: Luna Park: My box came ripped! Be careful in buying at myplaydirect  (Read 11415 times)

Offline Bootstrap

Hi!

Last week I  bought the box through the official store (https://www.myplaydirect.com/dream-theater) , but the book came completely ripped.

As I realized this problem even before removing the plastic, I decided not to open for easy replacement.

I got in touch with DirectPlay immediately (twitter and email) but even after four days they just did not answer anything.

Now I'm here, with the box in my hands, but I can not open it because I want to replace with a new one.

Is anyone experiencing this problem? Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

I am very disappointed with the treatment given by DirectPlay. I'm quite desperate to watch this blu ray and because of this ABSURD delay in answering me for something that I'm right I just can not enjoy something that I bought.

Please any suggestion  will be very welcome, because I realized that myplaydirect will simply keep ignoring my emails.

Offline Sycsa

Re: Luna Park: My box came ripped! Be careful in buying at myplaydirect
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 07:20:29 AM »
Looks gorgeous otherwise, but the engine seems to be a bit too big. :neverusethis:

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 07:24:03 AM »
That sucks, Bootstrap. :(
I don't recall reading about anyone else yet with the same issue on the forum, but keep emailing them until they reply! Hopefully it gets sorted out.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 07:38:23 AM »
Email the fuck out of them!  Call them like an obsessed ex-girlfriend!

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 07:55:03 AM »
 It's exactly what I'm doing: writing emails every day.

There is NO reasonable justification to not respond after 4 days.

Is there any way to contact someone from the staff of Dream Theater? They may not know that the huge neglect myplaydirect has with your customers.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 07:55:49 AM »
Perhaps I've missed something, but is a little rip really that big of a deal?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 08:00:25 AM »
  Is there any way to contact someone from the staff of Dream Theater? They may not know that the huge neglect myplaydirect has with your customers.

It's probably best to just stick dealing with myplaydirect.

Perhaps I've missed something, but is a little rip really that big of a deal?

When you've paid for a brand new product (especially a more expensive additional extra like a book that is meant to be looked at, and kept as a collectible item), there's no reason someone should have to put up with something that is damaged.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 08:08:52 AM »
 What BlobVanDam said is true.

And, unfortunately, it is not only a small tear. This part of the box is very fragile, and any tear makes a huge mess. Believe me, it's a mess that no collector would find insignificant in your collection.

And even if it were a small tear I would complain, after all, paid over 120 USD for full box. I believe I have right to receive the product in perfect condition.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 08:30:47 AM »
That sucks, Bootstrap. :(
I don't recall reading about anyone else yet with the same issue on the forum, but keep emailing them until they reply! Hopefully it gets sorted out.
My PLay Directs sucks!!!!!!!!!

I have emailed them 4 times! They don't respond and they don't give a shit! A complete piece of shit business!

I had to buy an extra copy caus I had no clue if mine would come in time for my party. It came the day of so I returned the other to Best Buy.

I wanted to know how to do a return because it says you can. They have not responded for days. They blow!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 09:51:44 AM »
Did you pay with a credit card because you could dispute the charge.  This being Veteran's Day weekend it might take them a little longer to respond.  Doesn't excuse their negligence but it might explain it a bit. 

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 09:55:59 AM »
Did you pay with a credit card because you could dispute the charge.  This being Veteran's Day weekend it might take them a little longer to respond.  Doesn't excuse their negligence but it might explain it a bit.
Nah, Veterans day has nothing to do with it. This company is shit. They have not responded to emails I sent them last Wednesday!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 10:42:12 AM »
On My PLay Directs's twitter many people are complaining that they simply ignore all emails.

Now with the message from Tick I was even more worried.

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 10:46:09 AM »
Did you pay with a credit card because you could dispute the charge.

Yes, I paid with a credit card and did not know it could open a dispute. I'm very interested in doing this. Can you tell me how should I proceed?

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 11:02:20 AM »
Did you pay with a credit card because you could dispute the charge.

Yes, I paid with a credit card and did not know it could open a dispute. I'm very interested in doing this. Can you tell me how should I proceed?

It depends on your card.  Coincidentally I just filed a dispute today with my credit card for a completely different issue. 

If you pay your bills online, it will probably just take some searching or typing in the word "dispute" if you have a search function.  On my Chase card there was a pull down menu for options with about 15-20 different options.  One was file a dispute.  In order to do this, you want to make sure you have done everything you should have which it seems like you have done.  You have sent the appropriate emails and should wait 3-5 business days.  On my card I can file a dispute up to 90 days after the fact (the one I filed for was about 70 days ago). 

It will then ask you the details of your transaction whether it was a service or for goods and other stuff that it will walk you through.

Of course, you can always just call customer service. 

Offline TL

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 12:52:22 PM »
Ehh, I'd be wary of filing a credit dispute over something like this.
While they should have responded to your emails, and while it's not unreasonable for you to ask about a replacement copy, the condition of the item really doesn't look bad enough to dispute a credit charge. Technically, they fulfilled their end of the transaction, so filing such a claim could honestly end up causing more of a headache for you than them.

It's really more of an option for if the item is significantly damaged, if they sent you the wrong thing, or if you never received your order.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 12:56:07 PM »
As someone who periodically works with chargebacks and related billing issues at my job, I concur with not disputing the charge. It will only complicate the matter more than it needs to be. It should only be used if you did not receive the goods at all.

Offline WheyWaffles

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 01:03:27 PM »
DT management should be ashamed for linking to this awful fucking site.  They've ignored my emails too.

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 01:15:39 PM »
 Ask the money back to the credit card would really be my last - and desperate - attempt. I do not intend to do that.

But the problem is that everything is really shameful. Things are taking a turn where the buyer has to be satisfied with a product ripped.

If one day I decide  sell this box to some other collector I guarantee that I will sell for much less than I paid for this very defect.

Does that seem fair? That is absolutely wrong!

And regardless of anything else, a company does not give satisfaction after more than four days is unacceptable.

And the worst is that this is the official store.

Try to imagine my situation: I paid for the more expensive version (the one that came with poster, keychain and cup). Also, I paid a HUGE tax when the goods arrive in my country.

So after spending a few hundred dollars, you get the box of his beloved band, and just can not open it! Yes, my box still sealed! My box still sealed because I'm wanting to replace it.

In over 16 years of internet shopping is - without doubt - the worst service I've ever had in my entire life. I really hope the band review the partnership with myplaydirect in the very near future.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:31:23 PM by Bootstrap »

Offline TL

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 02:55:09 PM »
I get that you're frustrated, but I'm not really sure who you're addressing there.
No one is saying you shouldn't be upset or that you shouldn't try to get a replacement. We were just noting that issuing a credit challenge on a received item would probably go badly for you, and advising against doing so, which you seem to be aware of.

The best thing you can do if they don't get back to you soon is raising awareness of the problem, which you seem to intend on doing. Most companies would rather resolve something quickly than risk a PR issue.

Another question I would ask though; are you sure the scratch didn't happen during shipping? I'm assuming the item came in a shipping box of some kind; what kind of condition was that in when it arrived?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 03:19:09 PM »
Even if it happened during shipping, it id the seller's responsibility to ship items in a way that will prevent such damage.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 04:00:38 PM »
UPS box arrived 100% OK, no damage.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:48:23 PM by Bootstrap »

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 04:40:05 PM »
Could have happened in shipping still... but it looks like it was fudged before it got shipped. Quality control much?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 04:54:52 PM »
 Each time I sent an email to MyplayDirect I received an automated response saying that in 24 hours I had a response.

Onef the information that appears in this automatic response is a control number, which is clearly autoincrementing. Samething like "Mydirectplay # xxxx"

Between the first email on the 7th of November and the email I sent today there are over 3400 other emails.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 04:59:40 PM »
The best thing you can do if they don't get back to you soon is raising awareness of the problem, which you seem to intend on doing. Most companies would rather resolve something quickly than risk a PR issue.

This clearly is not "most companies".  They don't seem to give a damn about PR, therefore money is the only thing that talks.

Bootstrap, contact your credit card company and dispute the charge.  It's not a hassle at all, so I have no idea why people are advising you not to do it.  Tell them that the merchandise was damaged and that they have ignored all of your efforts to contact them, therefore you refuse to pay for it.  If you're in good standing with your credit card company, they'll have no problem with that and reverse the charge.  I've done this before, it was no big deal.  Nobody gets my money and sends me damaged goods.

At that point, MyplayDirect is out the money, and if they want to get paid, they'll have to either fight with the credit card company (which they will lose) or make good on the merchandise.  You'd be amazed at how cooperative they suddenly become when they actually have to earn their money.

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 05:15:25 PM »
 Orbert, thanks for your help.

What really makes me sad is that the only way to successfully call the attention of this company called MyPlayDirect is suspending the payment.

I had never bought anything by that company, but with the stamp of being the official store I trusted 100%.

Seriously, this is shameful. If we were in the early days of internet shopping, maybe I understand this lack of communication. But today, in 2013, is absolutely unacceptable.

I'll wait until the end of the day tomorrow to see if I get any response. If I do not get, I will call my credit card company and see what actions I can take. (such as the purchase is international I do not know if the procedure is more complicated)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:32:09 AM by Bootstrap »

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 08:42:13 PM »
You're welcome.  By the way, it's Orbert.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 08:46:39 PM »
You're welcome.  By the way, it's Orbert.

norbert88

:)
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 09:22:28 PM »
Yeah, Norberts right. However, I'd give it a couple of more days. They're now only two (or possibly one) business days into it, so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they suck so bad that they're just backlogged with issues. I suspect the people advising against involving the CC company are doing so because if MPD responds now then you will have added another complicating element into the mix. However, if it becomes clear they're going to blow you off then by all means take it up with Visa/MC.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 09:55:19 PM »
Ok, stupid question: Any chance their response ended up in your spam folder?
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 10:03:04 PM »
I didn't realize that it had only been four days.  Four business days isn't much, but four calendar days including a three-day weekend, is nothing.

Also, that's not a stupid question.  I always forget to check my spam folder, and sometimes there's actual stuff in there.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 10:56:16 PM »

This clearly is not "most companies".  They don't seem to give a damn about PR, therefore money is the only thing that talks.

Bootstrap, contact your credit card company and dispute the charge.  It's not a hassle at all, so I have no idea why people are advising you not to do it.  Tell them that the merchandise was damaged and that they have ignored all of your efforts to contact them, therefore you refuse to pay for it.  If you're in good standing with your credit card company, they'll have no problem with that and reverse the charge.  I've done this before, it was no big deal.  Nobody gets my money and sends me damaged goods.

At that point, MyplayDirect is out the money, and if they want to get paid, they'll have to either fight with the credit card company (which they will lose) or make good on the merchandise.  You'd be amazed at how cooperative they suddenly become when they actually have to earn their money.

Exactly!

I feel like everybody advising against you disputing the charge thinks the credit cards will become suspicious of you or something.  Credit Cards can be dicks for sure but if you are in good standing they will bend over backwards for you (well, 80% of the time).  You are obviously in the right here by wanting a replacement.  You ordered a collectors item that is in bad shape.  If I order a some valuable mug and the handle is broken off, sure I can still drink out of it but it aint what I ordered.  You are owed a replacement, bottom line. 

Like others have said, give it more time.  That is the crappiest part is that you are doing everything right, even right down to not opening the wrapping, and so you can't listen to it or watch it.  That alone proves that you are not trying to cause trouble.  Even if the credit card rules against your claim it is not like they will send out a fraud alert, warrant for your arrest, or cancel your account.  They will just say, "Sorry dude" and everybody will move on. 

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 04:17:29 AM »
 :corn - interested to see how this turns out.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:35:46 AM by Sycsa »

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline WheyWaffles

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2013, 12:56:34 PM »
Ok, stupid question: Any chance their response ended up in your spam folder?

Definitely no responses from them caught by my spam filter.  No response at all six days later.

Offline Bootstrap

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 01:30:57 PM »
Nothing in my spam folder too. 5 days with no response. It's like the company had simply disappeared from the map.

Could someone please do me a favor? Just make any simple question about Luna Park (price, shipping...) in this address and if you receive any feedback, let me know!

https://www.myplaydirect.com/dream-theater/contact/new

Another bad news: The MyPlayDirect twitter account (https://twitter.com/MyPlayDirectCS)  is without any updates since Nov. 7.

Bad News 2:  I found this site with many people complaining of myplaydirect. Orders that never arrived, emails that were never answered. One person says that your email did not respond even after 15 days.
I still believe it would be very important to someone from the Dream Theater's staff  knows that sort of thing.

Here is the site: https://www.trustpilot.pt/review/www.myplaydirect.com
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:06:18 PM by Bootstrap »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2013, 02:43:58 PM »
Do DT have anything to do with MPD? I went to their website and it seems that RR and LN are handling their merchandizing.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson