31 (13%)
4: Mountain Dew
20 (8.4%)
5: Coca-Cola
40 (16.8%)
5: Pepsi
19 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: UFC 5/8: Coca-Cola vs Pepsi  (Read 7435 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: UFC 5/8: Coca-Cola vs Pepsi
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 04:58:42 PM »
Since Coke or Pepsi are now considered medicinal treatment for me, I've learned that Coke Zero beats the hell out of Pepsi Max.

I'll fight you
Pepsi Max still has a strong aspartame taste to me. Coke Zero actually tastes damn near like regular coke.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 05:27:08 PM »
As far as I know, 7-Up and Dr. Pepper are both owned by a company not affiliated with Coke or Pepsi but just have distribution deals with both depending on whatever sales territory you happen to be in. I'd use Sierra Mist before Mountain Dew though since it's far more of a match to Sprite's flavor.

That said, I voted for Mug, Gatorade, and Coke. I didn't vote for either water because I never drink single-serve bottled water because the plastic they use for those bottles makes the water taste like absolute shit. One small perk of being a Louisianian is that we have Kentwood water (yep, home of Britney Spears) and the kind they make in a 1-gallon jug tastes ridiculously better than the deer urine made by big water companies. I also didn't vote in the citrus category because Sprite tastes overtly chemical to me and the Dew don't do it for me. Code Red ain't bad though. I just fucking miss Surge since it was orgasmic.

Mug was barely my choice but not because of Barq's contending but rather that I don't much care for either since they're both paltry. A&W and IBC are fucking awesome though and Virgil's is nice when you have $6 to waste on a measly 4-pack.

I did not think it was possible for floydie to rock even more than he already does. :heart :hefdaddy

Oh, and FTR - Mexican Coke>>>>>>>>>Coke

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2013, 08:58:47 PM »
Since Coke or Pepsi are now considered medicinal treatment for me, I've learned that Coke Zero beats the hell out of Pepsi Max.

I'll fight you
Pepsi Max still has a strong aspartame taste to me. Coke Zero actually tastes damn near like regular coke.

True
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »
*carbonated diatribe*

I did not think it was possible for floydie to rock even more than he already does. :heart :hefdaddy

Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2013, 10:42:14 PM »
Ginger ale beats everything. My favorite drink, period.

Actual (hot) ginger ale beats regular ginger ale, as long as it doesn't turn my throat on fire.

Otherwise, sprite beats mountain dew, pepsi and coke are about equal, dasani beats aquafina, barq's beats mug, and gatorade beats powerade.

I generally stay away from caffeine (don't ask me why, I just don't like my body depending on stimulants, yet I'M THE ONE not tired in the morning with all my friends at school. I guess that's probably because I get a decent amount of sleep, though.).
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2013, 04:30:33 AM »
The only reason I got Mountain Dew in there is because I always thought it was more popular than 7UP, and I was trying to get the big names in there. I know it tastes different from sprite, but if one were to have a gun to your head and you had to choose, well you better pick.
I understand having Mountain Dew, I just don't understand matching it against 7UP, when the choice should have been Mello Yello.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2013, 09:29:13 AM »
Water: Bottled Water is incredibly gross, pass.
Root Beers: Mug, but come on, we all now that A&W is better than either and their taps at their restaurants are so damn radular and fantastic.
Sports Drink: Gatorade, powerade is simply okay.
Dew The Dew: Mountain Dew, not only is it awesome, but it has so many flavors, amongst which it seems like my favorites are always the limited time ones.
The Colas: Pepsi, it has the flavor of a bald eagle flying free over all the lands to the Top Gun theme, and Coke is a bubbly mess that makes my gut feel like shit.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2013, 10:16:59 AM »
Root Beers: Mug, but come on, we all now that A&W is better than either and their taps at their restaurants are so damn radular and fantastic.
Nah, Barq's beats the hell out of both Mug and A&W.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2013, 01:50:09 PM »
The only reason I got Mountain Dew in there is because I always thought it was more popular than 7UP, and I was trying to get the big names in there. I know it tastes different from sprite, but if one were to have a gun to your head and you had to choose, well you better pick.
I understand having Mountain Dew, I just don't understand matching it against 7UP, when the choice should have been Mello Yello.

You're right. You always have been. I'm so sorry.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2013, 01:51:54 PM »

I'll fight you

True

Coke Zero tastes like regular coke served in a pub that's had too much ice in - which has melted.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2013, 05:11:20 PM »

Actual (hot) ginger ale beats regular ginger ale, as long as it doesn't turn my throat on fire.

:tup

Not particularly hot, but they do have ginger beer, too, which I think is the style you're referring too (hot). Love this ginger ale, makes some 'good stuff' like Reeds tough to drink. Fever Tree just nails it with their line of drinks. Tonic, bitter lemon... everything I've had from them is top stuff.

...but super pricey. It's maybe 3x's the price point of same style craft products, they cut no corners.

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2013, 05:16:10 PM »
I used to be a colacolic. I never did like coca cola. Its taste is somewhat weird to me. While pepsi is so much aromatic than coca cola, coca cola has so much acid in bad order.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2013, 07:27:25 PM »

:tup

Not particularly hot, but they do have ginger beer, too, which I think is the style you're referring too (hot). Love this ginger ale, makes some 'good stuff' like Reeds tough to drink. Fever Tree just nails it with their line of drinks. Tonic, bitter lemon... everything I've had from them is top stuff.

...but super pricey. It's maybe 3x's the price point of same style craft products, they cut no corners.
I prefer a dry ginger ale, but something that still has some burn to it. A few years ago Vernor's fit the bill, but they changed some things up and essentially turned into cream soda. Haven't found a suitable substitute.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2013, 07:25:59 PM »
I struggle to imagine the situation where someone would hold a gun to my head to choose a soda. :lol

Many a tragic tale has started with a similar sentence.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2013, 07:42:04 PM »
Why did I make this pointless thread? Does it really matter if people prefer Coca-Cola or Pepsi?

Oh ya it's dtf

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2013, 08:24:14 PM »
Let's all be honest, Jones Soda is obviously the best.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2013, 08:43:47 PM »
True but it's impossible to afford it on the reg at $1.50+ a pop.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2013, 09:41:50 PM »
And so called Energy Drinks like Red Bull or Monster just taste foul and smell worse.
If you think those ones are bad, you haven't had NOS. It's about the worst tasting thing I've ever had the displeasure of placing in my mouth and definitely by far the worst energy drink.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2013, 09:43:07 PM »
I actually love Monster. I drink it for the taste, honestly.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2013, 09:47:33 PM »
I try not to drink things with caffeine. In reality I'm just trying to see the differences between me and people I know who love caffeinated drinks.

In reality I can only assume it's healthier not to drink them. It is a stimulant, and it most likely has adverse side effects like all drugs. Not a good price to pay for staying up those extra hours, in my opinion. Apparently it can also become addictive, though I don't completely believe this, since I don't remember any withdrawal symptoms after I stopped drinking Dr. Pepper all the time.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2013, 09:50:21 PM »
I actually love Monster. I drink it for the taste, honestly.
I agree

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2013, 09:51:33 PM »
The blue and green ones taste amazing. It doesn't really give me energy. I drink them every now and then, and it just tastes refreshing.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2013, 09:52:51 PM »
They taste so great while having a smoke  :laugh:

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2013, 09:53:53 PM »
I don't smoke but I've heard good things about that combo.

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2013, 10:58:14 PM »
Apparently it can also become addictive, though I don't completely believe this, since I don't remember any withdrawal symptoms after I stopped drinking Dr. Pepper all the time.
Well, as a counterexample, I've had times with headaches and nausea immediately following a weekend of getting tons more caffeine than usual with a day of having none whatsoever. Honestly, if you have a problem believing that caffeine can become addictive, then you have a problem believing reality.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2013, 11:40:26 PM »
Aquafina, Barq's, Gatorade, Sprite, Pepsi. The last was hard because whether I want Coke or Pepsi kinda changes with my mood, but I give Pepsi the slight edge. The first, was hard too, because water is water, but whatever.

This though. :hefdaddy

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2013, 11:00:56 AM »
Apparently, the NOS energy drink they sell in a can tastes nothing like the original that they sold in a bottle. The original flavor was simply atrocious. I didn't know there was a difference until I saw a review saying it was good and was surprised.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2013, 11:16:24 AM »
Dasani and Aquafina are both disgusting.

That said, I picked Barq's, Powerade, Mountain Dew, and Pepsi.  Nothing beats a cold Dewski, and Cokeis inferior to Pepsi in every measurable way.

Also, Barqs, Mug, and A&W should ALL be worshipping at the altar of Hires root beer.

That said, if anybody can get Hires in their local grocery store, I'd damn near be willing to pay to have you ship me some.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2013, 11:26:21 AM »
No Ribena option?  :sadpanda:
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Akasha

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2013, 06:12:17 PM »
I live on Mtn Dew. I need it to get through my day or I turn into a bigger bitch then I already am.