Author Topic: LieLowTheWantedMan's Roulette of Terror (WE'RE FINALLY DONE)  (Read 63836 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: LieLowTheWantedMan's Roulette of Terror (ROUND 7 THEME)
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2014, 05:04:12 PM »
Finish this thing already!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
Re: LieLowTheWantedMan's Roulette of Terror (WE'RE FINALLY DONE)
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2014, 07:36:58 PM »
NEVER

Jk here we go:

Shadow Ninja 2.0: Mirrorthrone - So Frail
I liked the clean vocals quite a bit, so they weren't just nothing special to me. ;) The highlight was still the harsh though. You were right, that guy is great at it. When the piano joined the heaviness it was awesome. :metal Finally showed the avant-garde part a bit at least there. :lol This song was epic as hell. I'd give it a 9/10, so you get your wager of 15 points.

Dark Castle: Inter Arma - Sky Burial
So this is from another album on my long list of "albums I have on my computer but have yet to listen to". This song was pretty lengthy at 13 minutes, but it definitely warranted its length. Not much filler, and nothing really leaving me uninterested. It was great, sludgy black metal. Fun stuff. :) I give it an 8.5/10, and you also wagered 15 points.

Lolzeez: The Gaslight Anthem - The Backseat
This song actually got taken down before I could listen to it, but luckily I was able to find out what the song was, relocate it, and listen anyway. :lol Anyways, I've heard this band's name a lot, but that's it. Nothing about the sort of music they play or beyond that. The song was good! It was nice and catchy. A simple song, but it worked. You get exactly 8/10, and your 15 points.

senecadawg2: Ne Obliviscaris - Of Petrichor Weaves Black Noise
Another band I have that I have yet to listen to! Anyways, the song had lots of cool moments. My favourite being the entrance of the violin. It had really good drumming and guitar too. Overall though, it may have been a tad long for my taste. So as a result it gets 7.5/10. Sorry dude, you lose your 15 points. :(

Lucien: Vangelis - Albedo 0.39
You're actually wrong and I have heard Vangelis before. ;) Not this though. This song was pretty interesting. It definitely set a cool atmosphere. I know Vangelis has made soundtracks before, and you can definitely hear that sort of thing here. It was a neat, interesting song, but it didn't really do a ton beyond that so it also gets 7.5/10. You lose your 15 points, but thanks for the send anyway because it did leave me interested in the rest. :)

Tyrias: Leafblade - Portrait
Wow, I'm kinda disappointed I didn't know about this group. This was really beautiful. It started out feeling like Devin Townsend's Ghost but eventually evolved into something a bit different and hypnotic. The vocals are great as I'd expect and the acoustic sections were awesome. Gonna give this 9/10, so you acquire 15 points. :)

adace: ††† - bi†ches brew
I've heard about this project, but have yet to listen! I like Deftones, so it was nice to get a taste of this. Almost sounds like NIN. I like NIN, so that helps a bit. ;) Overall it was a decent song. Not much else to say IMO. I'll give it 7.5/10, but you chose to be a bit more conservative and only lose 7 points. ;)

Outcrier: Caribou - Niobe
Hmm I THINK I've heard of this guy before but I'm not totally sure. Looks like he's from my province. :o This was a really fun tune. It had a nice groove to it and built up nicely to certain section. :) It had a certain atmosphere too that I really dug. I give this 8.5/10, so you acquire 15 points.

elefantStone: Bruce Springsteen - Jungleland
Now here was one I was interested in hearing. I dislike every Bruce Springsteen song I've heard on the radio a fair bit. :lol But I never went beyond his radio stuff so I wouldn't know. This song was a hell of a lot better than the other stuff I've heard. Quite a lot longer, and it gave it a lot of time to try out lots of stuff. It had a really neat sax solo and the intro was awesome I thought. :) The outro was cool as well. So you actually managed to pass here with 8/10. You get 15 points. ;)

Dark Castle - 76
Outcrier - 75.5
Tyrias - 75.5
Shadow Ninja 2.0 - 75
elefantStone - 74.5
Lolzeez - 74.5
adace - 51.5
senecadawg2 - 46
Lucien - 41.5

Dark Castle wins the gold medal and Outcrier and Tyrias both get silver medals. ;) You all introduced me to some neat stuff though. Thanks for participating and sorry about all the inconveniences that we encountered. But I had fun, so I hope you guys did too. :)

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2014, 07:38:59 PM »
so close

Anyway, glad you liked it, and thanks for having me! It's been fun. :D

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2014, 07:42:17 PM »

I've always wanted to win a gold medal, I'm so happy~

It was fun guys  :yarr

Offline adace

« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2014, 08:33:54 PM »
Wow, can't believe I'm the only one who didn't bet 15 points :lol

Had fun, will definitely sign up again if you have another roulette. :tup

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2014, 08:52:55 PM »
Damn, I dropped very quickly there at the end  :lol

I had fun playing though, thanks for running it.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.