Author Topic: To Pre Order Or Not To Pre Order v. Lesson learned  (Read 5036 times)

Offline WheyWaffles

Re: To Pre Order Or Not To Pre Order v. Lesson learned
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2013, 06:00:26 PM »
I'd rather deprive the scumbags at MyPlay Direct of a sale.  I'll be returning my copy to them, one way or another.  They still haven't replied to my email.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 05:47:10 AM »
I'd rather deprive the scumbags at MyPlay Direct of a sale.  I'll be returning my copy to them, one way or another.  They still haven't replied to my email.
I just want easy and to be done with it. The return from those shit heals will probably take 6 months to be reimbursed.
The thing I question about trying to return it to Best Buy would be that if they scan the return it won't recognize the bar code and they will say this isn't ours.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2013, 12:33:14 PM »
I've pre-ordered a few items (including DT12) because, on past experience, I've gone to a music shop on a release day and haven't been able to get the item I wanted. Even then, nothing I've pre-ordered has ever got here on release day. Usually it comes the following day. So basically I've learned that it's impossible for me to get any item on release day, and I should accept my fate.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2013, 01:26:43 PM »
I just want easy and to be done with it. The return from those shit heals will probably take 6 months to be reimbursed.
The thing I question about trying to return it to Best Buy would be that if they scan the return it won't recognize the bar code and they will say this isn't ours.
Check it against the one you purchased from them.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline philmcson

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2013, 01:40:50 PM »
Daily DTF grump: If you lived in a country with no record stores whatsoever that ever sell any alternative music save Metallica, you'd be preordering from halfway across Europe as well.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2013, 05:52:56 AM »
Check it against the one you purchased from them.
My copy came in the mail yesterday. Too close for comfort, but I can now just return the Best Buy copy. Looks like the bar code was the same regardless.

Offline WheyWaffles

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2013, 01:40:08 PM »
I'm annoyed over the price, but I received my copy yesterday as well and I think I'd rather just talk shit about MyPlayDirect incessantly wherever half-way relevant rather than call them to try to get an RMA (because they certainly aren't bothering to respond to my emails).  Now I just have to reflow the plate amp in my subwoofer so I can actually enjoy the BD in DTS MA 5.1 instead of 5.0...

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2013, 09:59:33 AM »
I'm annoyed over the price, but I received my copy yesterday as well and I think I'd rather just talk shit about MyPlayDirect incessantly wherever half-way relevant rather than call them to try to get an RMA (because they certainly aren't bothering to respond to my emails).  Now I just have to reflow the plate amp in my subwoofer so I can actually enjoy the BD in DTS MA 5.1 instead of 5.0...
They never respond to multiple emails I sent. They suck! I kept there over priced copy and brought my other back to Best Buy. Lesson learned.

Offline WheyWaffles

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2013, 01:01:35 PM »
They never respond to multiple emails I sent. They suck! I kept there over priced copy and brought my other back to Best Buy. Lesson learned.

Never again...  Until next time I screw up and pre-order something from another shitty site :P

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2013, 03:02:45 PM »
I never pre-order games for the simple reason that I want to get excited on release day and get it straight away.

But I pre-ordered Luna Park because no stores in my city will be stocking it, and if they are they'll be charging a fortune (I literally don't think any will be)...

Arrived the day after release date, which wasn't so bad :)
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2013, 05:39:44 AM »
I never pre-order games for the simple reason that I want to get excited on release day and get it straight away.

But I pre-ordered Luna Park because no stores in my city will be stocking it, and if they are they'll be charging a fortune (I literally don't think any will be)...

Arrived the day after release date, which wasn't so bad :)
Did you order from Amazon or the DT store? My Pay Direct is who everyone has had a problem with. The Amazon customers seem like they are quite satisfied and got the product the day after release.

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2013, 08:45:12 AM »
I got mine from Amazon.
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2013, 11:18:28 AM »
I never have this problem if I'm willing to drive an hour to get stuff less than a week early.  It will cost up to $5 more sometimes, but it's totally worth it if I need to have it to enjoy the weekend before.

One exception to this is Radiant Records where it ALWAYS gets mailed early, but then the question becomes is the incentive to pay a huge premium worth it to to get it early and will cool exclusives be involved.