Author Topic: 7 String guitar I'm looking at...  (Read 2722 times)

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
7 String guitar I'm looking at...
« on: August 19, 2009, 02:20:09 PM »
It's the Schecter C7FR.  All the reviews look good, specs look good.  Anyone here have/tried this guitar? 

Yes, I know I should play it myself, but none of the stores within a short driving distance have this, and I'm too lazy to drive further.

Offline brakkum

• DT.net Member
  • Bass Boy
Re: 7 String guitar I'm looking at...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 02:45:19 PM »
It's the Schecter C7FR.  All the reviews look good, specs look good.  Anyone here have/tried this guitar? 

Yes, I know I should play it myself, but none of the stores within a short driving distance have this, and I'm too lazy to drive further.

request for them to get one, most shops with any reputation seem to be ok with doing that. cause seriously. never order an instrument without playing it.
https://concertculture.blogspot.com/

https://brakmusic.tumblr.com/

And on the 8th day, God created Dream Theater. God then proceeded to rock out with his cock out.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 03:32:35 PM »
i have that in white. its been pretty good, of course its not the best, but it was good for the price.

Offline 3MinuteWarning

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 04:49:18 PM »
Save and get the Ibanez RG1527, it's at the higher end of the low end 7-strings and I've enjoyed it massively.

Offline Gwii

• DTF Zelda Avatar Club
  • DT.net Member
  • There's so much more to see in the darkest places
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 09:20:51 PM »
never order an instrument without playing it.

unless it's a carvin
My Soundclick Page

I can just sense Gwii hiding in the bushes with a knife between his teeth.

Offline brakkum

• DT.net Member
  • Bass Boy
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 12:34:15 AM »

unless it's a carvin

i can agree with this i guess. amazing reputation, i hope to get one some day. bass and possibly guitar.
https://concertculture.blogspot.com/

https://brakmusic.tumblr.com/

And on the 8th day, God created Dream Theater. God then proceeded to rock out with his cock out.

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 10:00:30 AM »
I have the Schecter hellraiser C7 (no floyd rose), and its pretty much a good deal, the EMG 707 they come with makes a pretty good job on heavy riffs... I recomend the no floyd rose version if you want to experiment with lower tunings.. Tough if you want to make more "dynamics" playing the EMG 707 wont help, those pickups are awesome but probably wont help you on playing Vai/Satriani style of solos, you should get some guitar with passive pickups for that, also i still find the Schecter a bit "heavy" for bendings compared with Ibanez for example...

Still, the Schecter is pretty good, the set neck construction makes them beautiful, and sustain is amazing, also tone is outstanding, i dont see how Schecter could be a bad choice...

:D

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 02:50:26 PM »

unless it's a carvin

Exactly.  Never had a problem with mine.  In fact, it is very similar to the picture of that Schecter.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 05:11:35 PM »

unless it's a carvin

:D:D:D:D

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 10:55:45 PM »
Schecter makes some pretty crappy guitars.

I'd go with Ibanez for 7 strings. I just have an RG7321 and it sounds great with new pickups.

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 12:10:23 AM »
Schecter makes some pretty crappy guitars.

I'd go with Ibanez for 7 strings. I just have an RG7321 and it sounds great with new pickups.

This is the problem with most Ibanez guitars under $1000.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline SnakeEyes

• Conservative Ninja, yet not mute
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 07:23:59 PM »
request for them to get one, most shops with any reputation seem to be ok with doing that. cause seriously. never order an instrument without playing it.

No offense, but that's entirely untrue.  Guitar Center MIGHT sometimes, but small music stores definitely won't just order a guitar for someone who's "thinking" about buying one - unless it's something that's not very expensive, has been asked about before or has a chance of being sold to someone else.  But, generally, they won't do that. 
Now that Obama has closed Gitmo, when will he turn his attention to the abuses and torturing of the onions that are used to make the angry whopper?

Offline Gwii

• DTF Zelda Avatar Club
  • DT.net Member
  • There's so much more to see in the darkest places
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 12:14:12 AM »

No offense, but that's entirely untrue.  Guitar Center MIGHT sometimes, but small music stores definitely won't just order a guitar for someone who's "thinking" about buying one - unless it's something that's not very expensive, has been asked about before or has a chance of being sold to someone else.  But, generally, they won't do that. 

guitar center won't order it either; maybe they will if its something semi-common and not too expensive, but they wouldn't order an SG supreme for me unless i payed for it first.
My Soundclick Page

I can just sense Gwii hiding in the bushes with a knife between his teeth.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 12:44:52 AM »
UPDATE

I ordered it and got it in the mail yesterday.  I LOVE IT.  It feels and sounds great.  My only complaint is that when pulling off on the 1st string, it frets a couple frets up the neck. 

Offline lawl

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 10:29:44 PM »
30-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Applies On This Item - Buy it, and if it isn't just right for you, return it!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 09:04:22 AM »
UPDATE

I ordered it and got it in the mail yesterday.  I LOVE IT.  It feels and sounds great.  My only complaint is that when pulling off on the 1st string, it frets a couple frets up the neck. 

...and you're bringing it to the jam on Labor Day, right? 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."