Poll

Which vocalist do you prefer?

Chris Robinson
5 (62.5%)
George Thorogood
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: 80s Glam/Metal Vocal Showdown #24: Robinson vs Thorogood  (Read 505 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
80s Glam/Metal Vocal Showdown #24: Robinson vs Thorogood
« on: November 02, 2013, 06:04:32 AM »
Only 7 votes the previous poll.  That's the last time I take outside recommendations on who should be polled :lol.  JK TAC.  Guess Armoured Saint and Saigon Kick really weren't all that known.  Well, here's a couple of guys who should draw a larger crowd.  Once again, neither glam nor metal, but these were a couple of pretty big names/acts of the blues-rock flair.  Loved the Black Crowes - and Chris gets the award for landing a chick way, WAY out of his weight class.  Shake Your Money Maker (yes, I know it was released 1990, but this seemed like an appropriate couple of voices to pit against each other) was one helluva debut. 

None-the-less, for One Bourbon alone, George gets my vote.  He's the reason I love JD ("Calling Dr. Daniels.  Doctor Jack Daniels!").  Still my hard liquor of choice these days.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: 80s Glam/Metal Vocal Showdown #24: Robinson vs Thorogood
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 06:26:51 AM »
Robinson all the way.  Depth in his voice.  George old boy is a one trick pony.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Lowdz

Re: 80s Glam/Metal Vocal Showdown #24: Robinson vs Thorogood
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 04:08:12 PM »
thorogood just because I hated CR with a passion from first hearing him. Don't know why, something just irritated me about him. I did enjoy By Your Side album though. I was more a fan of Thunder and The Quireboys in the bluesy realm.