Author Topic: Dirty Loops  (Read 6753 times)

Offline gzarruk

Re: Dirty Loops
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2019, 10:11:34 PM »
Really cool band, been waiting their 2nd album for a while now.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2019, 04:09:44 PM »
Such a cool arrangement by Dirty Loops and nicely transcribed by this guy:

Dirty Loops Full Transcription - Roller Coaster
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2020, 12:20:53 PM »
Here is their newest piece which came out today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYc5zrXC52k

Offline PetFish

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2020, 08:13:52 PM »
These guys are just so freaking cool.  Like jocks and nerds all in one package.  I just want to be their fren so I can protec.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2020, 07:05:15 AM »
Have somehow missed Next to You, damn that's a killer song. Liked that much more than Work it out and Rock You.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2020, 07:13:09 AM »
I love all three of them, seriously. And then to think that they'll actually make a new album (finally....)

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2020, 05:49:57 PM »
So, thread-necromancy... I just recently discovered Dirty Loops with a video of "Coffee Break is Over" that was floating around on Facebook. Since then, I've checked out most of their music videos on YouTube. Their cover approach is certainly interesting with some great reharmonizations and interpretations, but their original songs like "Coffee Break Is Over" is where I'm more interested. Everyone has some great chops! I went out and bought the four singles they released earlier this year on Bandcamp, and I recently read here that they are releasing a new EP soon as well!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2020, 04:02:24 AM »
Yeah, I've been waiting for some new material from these guys for a while. They do some very interesting music and, as you say they've got some great chops.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2020, 08:55:56 AM »
So, thread-necromancy... I just recently discovered Dirty Loops with a video of "Coffee Break is Over" that was floating around on Facebook. Since then, I've checked out most of their music videos on YouTube. Their cover approach is certainly interesting with some great reharmonizations and interpretations, but their original songs like "Coffee Break Is Over" is where I'm more interested. Everyone has some great chops! I went out and bought the four singles they released earlier this year on Bandcamp, and I recently read here that they are releasing a new EP soon as well!

-Marc.

Definitely check their debut album, Loopified :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2020, 09:25:08 PM »

-Marc.

Definitely check their debut album, Loopified :metal

I've listened to it, it's really good! I'm excited for the new EP - they just released a teaser for it on their YouTube channel the other day.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2021, 02:49:04 PM »
Henrik Linder has appeared in a Boston cover featuring Mike Portnoy on drums.

https://youtu.be/Hqy6O8no_Ic

-Marc.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2021, 03:28:39 PM »
Dafuq is the keyboard player wanking on there?

Jelusick is hellasick.

Also, there's just something really creepy about a guy shredding while making intense eye contact.  *shudder*

Online TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2021, 03:35:35 PM »
Extremely talented group of guys. Sound is too over the top and cheesy for my taste though. Much respect but not my cup of tea.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 06:43:04 PM by TheCountOfNYC »
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online HOF

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2021, 03:41:11 PM »

Foreplay?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2021, 04:14:04 PM »
Whammy Clavinet

Online HOF

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2021, 05:57:01 PM »
So I’m listening to these guys right now on Marc’s recommendation. Not sure how much replay value it will have, but on first listen I am digging the amazing instrumentation on these extremely catchy pop tunes.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2021, 08:53:03 PM »

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2021, 07:41:55 AM »
with Cory Wong

tight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UBcxKiS550

I was coming here to post this. I love that they collaborated with Cory since I've been listening to a lot of his material lately. I think it was a good fit and that his guitar brought an interesting new level to the song, though it is barely audible in some sections which is a shame.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2021, 12:54:44 AM »
Really great stuff as always.  I just love their sound and vibe.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2021, 11:56:41 AM »
I much prefer the second tune, more up my alley. Although I will always enjoy and respect great musicianship.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2021, 01:54:38 PM »
I much prefer the second tune, more up my alley. Although I will always enjoy and respect great musicianship.

Are you referring to Ring of Saturn? I just heard that tune and I agree with you, I like it much better. I never thought I'd hear Cory playing latin jazz, but here we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e19f0cWBzdY

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2021, 04:38:48 PM »

Are you referring to Ring of Saturn? I just heard that tune and I agree with you, I like it much better. I never thought I'd hear Cory playing latin jazz, but here we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e19f0cWBzdY
Yea that's the one. I also like how well Dirty Loops adapts to that style.

The Horns was more present in the mix compared to Follow the light. Speaking off the horns, that section is killer: https://youtu.be/S5WjMfpC59k
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 04:53:27 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2021, 11:56:57 AM »
They just released a very Dirty Loops Thriller cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m34byl2BT1o

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2021, 10:29:04 AM »
Best one so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjaLOk1_aRg&ab_channel=CoryWong

I love this so much more than the poppy stuff even though the musicianship is still there regardless, it's also more in a Cory style and I love his music.

Online TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2021, 11:06:12 AM »
They just released a very Dirty Loops Thriller cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m34byl2BT1o

While this band isn’t really my thing, I absolutely adored this cover.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2021, 12:14:30 PM »
Best one so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjaLOk1_aRg&ab_channel=CoryWong

I love this so much more than the poppy stuff even though the musicianship is still there regardless, it's also more in a Cory style and I love his music.

Yeaaaaaaaa. This song is awesome! I agree with you, the Cory Wong vibe here is really strong. Are they going to release this as a full record?

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2021, 01:22:36 PM »

Yeaaaaaaaa. This song is awesome! I agree with you, the Cory Wong vibe here is really strong. Are they going to release this as a full record?
Er, yes, the album is called Turbo and it's already out. :lol

It's a damn fun album!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2021, 01:28:30 PM »
One thing though, Aron is a great drummer but I wished he used a deeper sounding snare for this tune. It kinda sticks out too much in the mix for my taste but not a biggie though.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2021, 07:00:08 PM »

It's a damn fun album!

WHY AM I JUST HEARING ABOUT THIS NOW?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2021, 12:59:35 AM »

It's a damn fun album!

I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU COULD MISS IT

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2021, 06:03:50 AM »

It's a damn fun album!

INCOMPETENCE?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2021, 04:54:22 AM »
 :yeahright

Anyways, I listened to the album a couple of times. It's just great. Fantastic collaboration with Cory.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2021, 03:02:05 PM »
Heard them for the first time today. Like Michael Jackson joined Snarky Puppy.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2023, 02:44:34 PM »