Author Topic: Dirty Loops  (Read 6706 times)

Offline Jonathan

• DT.net Member
Dirty Loops
« on: October 23, 2013, 11:43:41 AM »
I didn't really know where to post this, so if this is thought of as spam; I'm sorry and feel free to delete  :smiley:

Swedish trio Dirty Loops just released their first original track after getting recognized for their Youtube-videos and signed with a big record company. So I thought I'd share the video and enlighten those whom have never heard of this amazing band! Enjoy  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nls1HtXQe8E

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Dirty Loops
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:49:54 AM »
I was actually coming on here to see if people were talking about this track haha. I've had it on repeat for the last like 30 minutes. It's veryyy catchy.

Offline Jonathan

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 11:56:47 AM »
Hehe, yeah I'm going between this and their cover of Britney's "Circus". They're so talented!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 11:59:27 AM »
I'm a bit torn, this guys are very talented and do some great stuff on that song but the overall poppy sound they generate throws me off

Edit: Don't get me wrong, there's nothing about a song sounding poppy per-se, but the specific sound they generate is what throws me off.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 12:05:41 PM by Nekov »
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 12:04:45 PM »
It's definitely a very different sound/vibe that they have. I haven't heard it before so it's new and refreshing for me which is why I think I'm really feelin' the track.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 12:05:47 PM »
Yes Dirty Loops, I went at the same school as Henrik a bunch of years ago. They're extremly talented and deserve every credit they can get. Their music may not be for everyone but they're legit players which is refresh in today's popular music scene.

I hope this will be the rise of real muscians getting playtime on radio.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 12:16:03 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Tiko

• Keyboardist for The Storyline
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 12:09:18 PM »
Very very talented guys. Songwriting isn't their strongest suit but this still beats everything you hear on radio.

- Tiko

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 12:47:04 PM »
Pretty cool groove there.  Not too crazy about that guy's vocal stylings, but the playing is top notch.   :tup

Offline jsem

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 01:11:58 PM »
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Finally some more material from these guys. Need an album NOW.

Offline Dellers

• Funky Norwegian!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 03:18:14 AM »
I'm digging the tune, and am definitely getting their album when it comes out. I'm really glad I discovered these guys a year or two ago.
https://soundcloud.com/dellers2/jpxi-o
Religious faith can only exist when there is no God, otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to believe.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 04:16:39 AM »
I guess this could be OK. I'll keep it on my radar but will definitely need to hear more songs as they become available before I commit.

Offline guitarrero

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 05:02:40 AM »
Those guys are absolutely sick and pretty much like their first original. Popmusic as it should be... imagine the charts flooded with artists like those guys! Ohhh what a good world that would be...  :heart

Offline jsem

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 01:02:22 PM »
HHNNNNNGG... love this song.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 01:40:27 PM »
The song is pretty good and their chops are great, but that autotune effect on the vocals drives me nuts  :|

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 02:10:43 PM »
The song is pretty good and their chops are great, but that autotune effect on the vocals drives me nuts  :|
What makes you think there's an autotune effect on his vocals? Pretty sure that's just his voice. They're playbacking to the album track which has some extra vocal layers if that's what your saying.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Scrub206

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 11:45:02 PM »
What makes you think there's an autotune effect on his vocals? Pretty sure that's just his voice. They're playbacking to the album track which has some extra vocal layers if that's what your saying.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's his voice. He's a great singer but that one part at the end is a little over the top for me but I still loveeee the track.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 02:19:27 AM »
Love these guys. Their bass player is holy shitballs amazing.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline jsem

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 02:35:31 AM »
He does wail a little too much actually. Especially in this track.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 12:24:19 PM »

What makes me think there's an autotune effect on his vocals?  The fact that there's an autotune effect on his vocals, for starters  :lol   It's extremely obvious and was clearly done intentionally, in the same vein as Cher has done in the last few years, although not quite as saturated as Cher's stuff.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 04:49:03 PM »

What makes me think there's an autotune effect on his vocals?  The fact that there's an autotune effect on his vocals, for starters  :lol   It's extremely obvious and was clearly done intentionally, in the same vein as Cher has done in the last few years, although not quite as saturated as Cher's stuff.
I hope you ain't talking about Cher's Believe right?  :lol That is a pretty far out comparison if so. To me I hear nothing out of the ordinary with his voice. I hear a clean voice with maybe some effects in the mix but nothing that would alter his pitch or anything. Is there a ceartain section your thinking about?

Offline jsem

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2013, 05:27:37 PM »
The guy sounds pretty much the same way live.

Offline Dellers

• Funky Norwegian!
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2013, 05:35:58 PM »
I certainly don't hear any signs of a pitch correction tool. If they actually used it he must've sung everything almost spot on anyway.
https://soundcloud.com/dellers2/jpxi-o
Religious faith can only exist when there is no God, otherwise there wouldn't be a reason to believe.

Offline jsem

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 02:15:13 PM »
So the album has been out for a while and boy was it a disappointment. A few great tracks, but overall just meh. The groove and the fusion have more or less disappeared in favor of a more pop and even EDM sound. There are a few moments where they're allowed to shine, but then it all subsides.

Overall, I feel like this album is missing exactly what drew me into completely fanboying over them earlier. I don't know whether to blame the musicians or Universal, or to even blame someone at all. I almost feel betrayed.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 03:30:45 PM »
Really? I'd say the album is pretty much what I was expecting - funky jazzy pop music. The only real difference I've noticed is that there's more use of synth sounds, whereas their cover songs had much more piano, and personally I prefer the piano stuff. But otherwise I'm finding it a really groovy, enjoyable album!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2019, 10:30:16 AM »
I don't know that much about this band, but their new song kicks all kinds of ass.

Work Shit Out
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2019, 12:12:24 PM »
I just read my previous comment that I didn't like what I heard from these guys before, but this song is absolutely fantastic. I need to check them out again.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2019, 01:58:48 PM »
I would love to see these guys live sometime. That was a cool song.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline dparrott

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2019, 09:45:19 AM »
DAMN that's good.  Wow.  I didn't even notice there was no guitar until someone commented that.  Even more impressive.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2019, 12:41:00 PM »
I watched a dirty loop the yesterday afternoon, and.... wait, um, sorry, wrong thread.   

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2019, 10:40:35 AM »
So a bit off-topic but I stumbled upon this collab between Henrik Linder (Dirty Loops), Matt Garstka (Animals as Leaders) and jazz pianist Eldar Djangirov.

It's out of this world crazy and very proggy. The combination of Drums, acoustic piano and bass works really great.

GEM - "Torque"

GEM (feat. Matt Garstka) - "Vertigo"

a new one:
GEM - "Crazy Tweaks"

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2019, 10:51:27 AM »
That looks interesting. I'll look into it tomorrow when I'm at home and I can access Youtube.

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2019, 12:25:04 PM »
I don't know that much about this band, but their new song kicks all kinds of ass.

Work Shit Out
yes it does (as does this one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsqh9jHkHlM , it's off of their first album called Loopified which I highly recommend)
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2019, 12:35:54 PM »
anyone know what the status of their new album?

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2019, 12:46:11 PM »
anyone know what the status of their new album?
last time I checked, the status was that they released Work Shit Out and are currently finishing another piece to be released soon(ish). There seem to be no plans to release a full album as of now, but rather singular pieces at a time. I don't know why.
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2019, 04:01:09 PM »
That looks interesting. I'll look into it tomorrow when I'm at home and I can access Youtube.
I think you'll like it, Vertigo is probably my favourite. Some insane playing from everyone.