Author Topic: A journey/story told through DT's cover art from TOT onward...  (Read 1277 times)

Offline The Letter M

A journey/story told through DT's cover art from TOT onward...
« on: October 22, 2013, 06:27:31 PM »
Random DT thought I just had...

With TOT, we're in a tunnel and escaping outward into the wild, where we then cross a wide open field through the countryside.

Then we make our way into the windy roads of the city before we find ourselves in a place with a singular door. We open that door to find the sky, and in the sky is a jet plane about to kill a uni-cyclist.

As we venture further up into the sky, we escape the atmosphere into space, just above the earth, and we see the distant sun shining it's radiant light around our planet.

Could this mean DT13's cover will be way out in space???

:lol You may continue with your daily lives now...

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: A journey/story told through DT's cover art from TOT onward...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 07:36:04 PM »
We open that door to find the sky, and in the sky is a jet plane about to kill a uni-cyclist.

:rollin
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Nearmyth

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 07:44:59 PM »
That's some pretty cool analysis, I never noticed that (besides the overused BSCL -> ADTOE cover motif)
"Now I'm not one to soon forget
And I bet I never will...

WAAHH WAAHH DIGA DIGA WAAHH WAAHH"

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 12:23:13 AM »
Honestly, though, they could do something like what Rush did on their R30 tour and do a cool CGI mash-up of all their cover art and do a sort of continuous journey through the settings and characters in/on them.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 12:31:45 AM »
Honestly, though, they could do something like what Rush did

ZZzZZzZZz

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 12:34:52 AM »
Honestly, though, they could do something like what Rush did

ZZzZZzZZz

WAKE UP!

Besides, it's not like DT haven't been on the WWRD train lately...oh wait, they have. I mean, between the Hugh Syme artwork and getting Northfield and Chycki to work with them, they've been hitting all the Rush-isms! Anything they do that is remotely Rush-like in any way shape or form wouldn't surprise me at this point.

-Marc.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 12:47:36 AM »
Honestly, though, they could do something like what Rush did on their R30 tour and do a cool CGI mash-up of all their cover art and do a sort of continuous journey through the settings and characters in/on them.

-Marc.

You mean like the cover to the Lifting Shadows book?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline eosforum

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 12:51:29 AM »
I remember the trailer for the "Greatest Hit" album had something like that. All covers were like cg animated, albeit not connected thematically in a story. Btw, I cannot find this very cool video anywhere. Help?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 04:52:11 AM »

With TOT, we're in a tunnel and escaping outward into the wild, where we then cross a wide open field through the countryside.

Then we make our way into the windy roads of the city before we find ourselves in a place with a singular door. We open that door to find the sky, and in the sky is a jet plane about to kill a uni-cyclist.

As we venture further up into the sky, we escape the atmosphere into space, just above the earth, and we see the distant sun shining it's radiant light around our planet.

-Marc.

M, lay off the  :hat

:biggrin:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 05:16:49 AM »

-Marc.

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.